BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool losing...

chocky

Really? I'm guessing you haven't been reading the Takeover threads. They are filled with almost nothing but protests, skepticism and questioning of motives.

It's still full of people who will be celebrating if a takeover goes through.

Hell I've questioned Ahsan Ali Syed more than most, but if he ends up buying the club I'll still be cautiously happy as I'll trust that if he gets through after such a long process hopefully he won't end up being a fraud.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scouse watch has been most interesting. Anyone who believes that the new owners are not using debt to clear the loans left behind by Bert & Ernie are living in a dream world. The group NESV just don't have £300m in spare dosh to pay for this all now. They will just end up leveraging Liverpool, the Boston Red Sock and the other teams at a holdings group level. No real difference from what they had before. Can't see a new stadium either, they will just tart up Anfield. They will continue where they are, mid to lower table mediocrity. Watching all those fans dancing outside the High Court and Slaughter & May just shows how little they grasp what is really going on.

We can only hope that whoever takes over Rovers (if it happens) doesn't do the same. I hope that as the numbers involved in the sale/debt of circa £50m are alot lower then the chances are smaller, but they are still there.

Frankly football is in a mess and Liverpool actually going into administration might have been the catalyst for some proper changes to occur. A chance missed IMO for football as a whole.

Liverpool just seem so bereft of ideas. They employ two holding midfield players yet Gerrard spends the majority of his time taking the ball off the defender's feet. I've no idea why he plays so deep. Torres is terribly isolated, and Cole offers little to nothing hugging the left-byline for large portions of the game. Lots of their game plan reminds me of Rovers on a bad day - just plain insipid. Is it a lack of confidence, players that don't suit the formation? Maybe a bit of both but it's not great to watch for their fans. If it wasn't so hilarious, I'd feel sorry for them.

Yakubu has been top notch today. Big Sam would have wet dreams of a target man performance like that. Brings the midfield into play so well (unlike Torres today). Of course Cahill and Arteta in the midfield isn't too bad a support act.

The worst Liverpool side for some time. I'll be surprised if Hodgson survives this.

I told you a couple of weeks ago that Hodgson was over rated. You disagreed and referred me to Fulham's "success" and our excellent football under him.

I told you a couple of weeks ago that Hodgson was over rated. You disagreed and referred me to Fulham's "success" and our excellent football under him.

Hodgson's a good manager, and he DID do well at Fulham and during his first year here. I believe the media did overhype him, but you were almost discrediting him altogether.

Hodgson's a good manager, and he DID do well at Fulham and during his first year here. I believe the media did overhype him, but you were almost discrediting him altogether.

Hodgson's name came to the fore as amanager who did well with the Swiss international team. It was because no-one had heard of him over here, that he hit the headlines at the time. It was an interesting story. As a club manager, he did well in Sweden and Denmark, but after a disappointing time as manager of Inter he moved over here and ultimately failed pretty quickly. Yes the early football with us was very good, but it fell apart rapidly with some awful, expensive signings.

He's out of his depth at Liverpool - so far at least.

• Backroom

Never thought I'd compare Hodgson to Ince but his claim that Liverpool's performance was good today and that they played well reminds me of Ince deludedly claiming we were playing well during his reign in charge. NESV backed Woy to continue for the season today, wonder how long it'll take for them to change their minds.

The worst Liverpool side for some time. I'll be surprised if Hodgson survives this.

Gerrard at present looks very average and torres woeful, Carragher has been on the slide for years........its bad times for the scousers when the goalie is the beast player on the books by a million miles. hahahahahahhahahaha

our defence trumps their defence by miles, their midfield is full of overpaid deadwood(babel,lucas,poulson,portugese chap who looks crap)like ours and their attack is as toothless as ours, by my maths that makes us better rhan liverpool, good times.

Gerrard at present looks very average and torres woeful, Carragher has been on the slide for years........its bad times for the scousers when the goalie is the beast player on the books by a million miles. hahahahahahhahahaha

our defence trumps their defence by miles, their midfield is full of overpaid deadwood(babel,lucas,poulson,portugese chap who looks crap)like ours and their attack is as toothless as ours, by my maths that makes us better rhan liverpool, good times.

They've still got Torres up front and Gerrard in midfield, even in poor form they're still miles better than anything we've got in those positions.

Woy is reaping what Rafa sowed right now. It's true that he must shoulder some of the blame but he will now become the next scapegoat at Anfield now that the Yanks Mk1 have left the building. Their fans will now turn on him and continue to blindly follow the likes of Torres and even at times Gerrard, who have been so far below par this season it's untrue.

A really telling point for me today was when Fowler was asked about the possibility of them getting involved in a relegation scrap and replied by saying that the Leeds side he was a part of that went down was a better team than the current Liverpool side.

They look like a crap version of us...on a bad day!!!

Woy is reaping what Rafa sowed right now. It's true that he must shoulder some of the blame but he will now become the next scapegoat at Anfield now that the Yanks Mk1 have left the building. Their fans will now turn on him and continue to blindly follow the likes of Torres and even at times Gerrard, who have been so far below par this season it's untrue.

A really telling point for me today was when Fowler was asked about the possibility of them getting involved in a relegation scrap and replied by saying that the Leeds side he was a part of that went down was a better team than the current Liverpool side.

They look like a crap version of us...on a bad day!!!

I was only listening with half an ear, but it sounded like Fowler cvouldn't believe that he was being asked the question - as in, they were alerady in a relegation scrap and that was where they clearly deserved to be!

. Yes the early football with us was very good, but it fell apart rapidly with some awful, expensive signings.

He's out of his depth at Liverpool - so far at least.

The first half of his 1st season was very good, I can still remember Highbury when Gallagher cracked one in from 25 yards and we went top.

However from January the signs were there and we got some right slappings.

We were a big noise back then- we had the spine of a title winning side and money to spend, he was out of his depth here an all.

Archived