BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. You`ve yet again diverted another thread on to your good self. Stick to the topic.

Wrong! It was you who diverted it and no doubt when put on the spot and asked to quote you realised that you've jumped to entirely the wrong conclusion.

An apology would be nice if you are up to it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also the boorish, loutish behaviour of some of the fans must have put loads of people and especially families off following BRFC away. It did with me.

As for fans' behaviour, I've been to Blackpool and Liverpool this season and experienced nothing which would put me off travelling. However I went to Stoke two years ago and would never go back, same applies to Burnley but neither of those clubs provide opportunities for fans of my age and

disposition to enjoy themselves. If you travel away you have to accept the crowd will be more lively, it's how the home club treat support which makes the difference. Anfield was very good on Sunday, another example of a sh!t place to is Old Trafford where visitors are treated appallingly.

Totally agree on the away game front. I'll go on a lot now, but some of the things I've heard i.e the Owen Coyle song at Wigan last year in the concourse and in a pub in Blackpool, really shameful and not good at all. If I had kids my viewpoint would most likely be different.

Right on cue. It appears that the club might have a problem.

Gordon. i have had time to contemplate. you are correct as always. i owe you an apology. it is apparent that my brfcs forum skills are not at your standard. please be patient as i study and educate myself from your own etiquette as for most, if not all of us it is unatainable. i would appreciate your understanding in this matter as it is a vitally important goal of mine that i strive to achieve. if however, i even get close to your standard will another member please warn me! :)

Right on cue. It appears that the club might have a problem

I said that I, that's me personally, have experienced nothing from Rovers fans which would discourage me from traveling away. I did have paint stripper poured over my car at Blackpool which cost £1200 and a week off the road but I can't say who was responsible. As the car was 15 minutes from Bloomfield Road it could have been anyone. Obviously the fans responsible for trashing this man's car have behaved appallingly but it was some distance from the ground and so I didn't experience it.

At Blackpool all I heard was very boisterous fans having a great time, the stand was almost literally rocking. At Anfield the crowd was very quiet and I neither saw nor heard any poor behaviour.

On the other hand the club policy at Burnley, Stoke and Manchester United treats all visiting supporters as a potential threat. As I strongly object to being treated in this manner the clubs are doing more to discourage my attendance than behaviour I encounter from fans. At Anfield we were well treated and enjoyed walking through the streets clearly dressed as Rovers fans and chatting with folk. In my experience you'd be hard pressed to say the same about the clubs above.

In reality this is just another example of your entirely negative outlook on life. To be honest I don't understand why you haven't emigrated to somewhere better, or at least left Lancashire as you clearly detest everything associated wit Blackburn and the locality.

Paul is correct. There are some clubs who treat away supporters atrociously whilst allowing their own supporters to behave badly. I object to our supporters being surrounded by police and stewards in these instances. At Chelsea last season the abuse was bad from their fans (this was in the ground, lower tier)- the stewards did nothing to stop it and it was practically impossible to even see the pitch. There was nowhere for carers to sit with the disabled either. We go to all the away matches and generally enjoy them, even though in many instances we have to sit with opposition fans some distance from Rovers fans.

Paul is correct. There are some clubs who treat away supporters atrociously whilst allowing their own supporters to behave badly. I object to our supporters being surrounded by police and stewards in these instances. At Chelsea last season the abuse was bad from their fans (this was in the ground, lower tier)- the stewards did nothing to stop it and it was practically impossible to even see the pitch. There was nowhere for carers to sit with the disabled either. We go to all the away matches and generally enjoy them, even though in many instances we have to sit with opposition fans some distance from Rovers fans.

Abuse to the Rovers 'end' or abuse toward the rovers fans in the disabled section roversmum?

I said that I, that's me personally, have experienced nothing from Rovers fans which would discourage me from traveling away. I did have paint stripper poured over my car at Blackpool which cost £1200 and a week off the road but I can't say who was responsible. As the car was 15 minutes from Bloomfield Road it could have been anyone. Obviously the fans responsible for trashing this man's car have behaved appallingly but it was some distance from the ground and so I didn't experience it.

At Blackpool all I heard was very boisterous fans having a great time, the stand was almost literally rocking. At Anfield the crowd was very quiet and I neither saw nor heard any poor behaviour.

On the other hand the club policy at Burnley, Stoke and Manchester United treats all visiting supporters as a potential threat. As I strongly object to being treated in this manner the clubs are doing more to discourage my attendance than behaviour I encounter from fans. At Anfield we were well treated and enjoyed walking through the streets clearly dressed as Rovers fans and chatting with folk. In my experience you'd be hard pressed to say the same about the clubs above.

In reality this is just another example of your entirely negative outlook on life. To be honest I don't understand why you haven't emigrated to somewhere better, or at least left Lancashire as you clearly detest everything associated wit Blackburn and the locality.

Thank you Paul... albeit from the leafy lanes surrounding Chorley. :rolleyes: Truth is I work in this area and apart from the social and now financial millstone of having a BB postcode I couldn't really find a better and more private place to live than my own home so don't worry Dave you won't be seeing me in your fly blown hell hole of a country with it's cane toads, taipans, box jellyfish, funnel web spiders, great whites, ocean going crocs etc etc. The only predators to threaten me and mine are midges! :P

The Rovers' End. There was a row of stewards in between the fans. Theno, who just sat there completely uninterested. The Chelsea fans were standing through the match (blocking the view).

To make it worse, some Chelsea fans were in our area and made no attempt to disguise themselves - they received no abuse from ANY of the Rovers fans and insisted on standing in front of us. The disabled fans sit at the back of the rovers' lower tier allocation. I've only experienced abuse from opposition fans in the disabled area at Portsmouth and that was really frightening.

....... I've only experienced abuse from opposition fans in the disabled area at Portsmouth and that was really frightening.

Shameful. I guess the precarious future of Portsmouth FC is not causing you to lose a great deal of sleep is it? ;)

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived