BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's any coincidence that Liverpool came in to the derby game today much more when Everton sat back, inviting on the pressure, and attempting to play from scraps. While they were defending their well-earned lead, I fear we will approach the game like that from the first minute. It'll play to Liverpool's strengths, giving them a chance to increase in confidence as the game progresses.

3-0 Liverpool I fear.

1-1 if we perform.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Liverpool came in to the derby game today much more when Everton sat back, inviting on the pressure, and attempting to play from scraps. While they were defending their well-earned lead, I fear we will approach the game like that from the first minute. It'll play to Liverpool's strengths, giving them a chance to increase in confidence as the game progresses.

3-0 Liverpool I fear.

1-1 if we perform.

Rovers have to give it a go, plain and simple. All the pressure will be on Liverpool and we'll have nothing to lose. If we go there with the usual manifesto of sitting back, playing for a point, it'll only give the opposition confidence. Our away form has been so rubbish under Sam that he might as well throw SOME caution to the wind. I don't know about you lot, but I'd rather go down fighting.

• Backroom

Liverpool are literally in a relegation fight, they will throw it their all in this game.

You would have thought the same would apply today - especially as it was a Merseyside derby - but there are no signs of that happening.

The optimist in me thinks we will never have a better opportunity to beat Liverpool at Anfield. They're in a real mess, with an average squad bereft of confidence and a manager being attacked from all sides. In theory we should win this one, 1-0 would be my optimistic guess, a scrappy long ball nodded in by Samba.

However, the realist in me knows the scouse revival will begin next week. Stevie Starfish will take a tumble in the box to get a penalty and Torres will probably get a hat-trick in a sudden, unexpected return to form. Realist prediction: 4-0 Liverpool, with Rovers hovering dangerously close to or plunged into the relegation zone.

:mellow:

^ Sure. But Givet or Jones can replace him well enough, though I'd prefer pulling back Jones and leaving Givet at LB. Defensively, I don't think we'll suffer much.

I don't know why most people seem to want to keep Givet in the team. He has been a liability to us all season. He was nowhere to be seen for both Arsenal goals, which came down his side of defence. He was at fault for the Fulham goal if I remember correctly. He nearly cost us the game yesterday with his dodgy clearance. I would much rather have Ollsson at LB, with Samba and Jones in the middle.

Ollsson - Samba - Jones - Salgado

That is our strongest defence.

This is the follow-up I promised.

I asked Rogan Taylor whether the change of ownership was indeed the "frying pan to the fire" he was worried about two weeks ago. His reply:

Hi Philip,

Check out:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/844376-john-w-henry-feels-liverpools-frustration

I met the two new owners yesterday for 45 mins - and gave 'em a couple of signed books. They're bright guys (hence the photo!) and a different order of creature from the two shysters..... So definitely not another frying pan!

Actions will speak loudest of course.

Rogan

PS As I left I told them I'd be setting written assignments once they'd worked their way through the reading list.....

^ Sure. But Givet or Jones can replace him well enough, though I'd prefer pulling back Jones and leaving Givet at LB. Defensively, I don't think we'll suffer much.

We will offensively miss Samba though. Our whole set piece game (so basically our one major chance of scoring) is based around finding him or him unsettling defenders.

If we struggled to score with him in the team we'll find it ten times harder now.

We will offensively miss Samba though. Our whole set piece game (so basically our one major chance of scoring) is based around finding him or him unsettling defenders.

Samba has also shown some ability bringing the ball out of defence. That through-ball to Diouf (vs. Arsenal) for one.

I'd line up, like this, provided we actually went for broke. If Sam tries to stick 11 behind the ball and play for a point, well Liverpool will just seize the initiative. We MUST take advantage of the uncertainty within their camp.

Robinson

Emerton - Jones - Nelsen - Givet

E.Diouf - Salgado - Nzonzi - Olsson

Dunn

M. Diouf

Samba has also shown some ability bringing the ball out of defence. That through-ball to Diouf (vs. Arsenal) for one.

I'd line up, like this, provided we actually went for broke. If Sam tries to stick 11 behind the ball and play for a point, well Liverpool will just seize the initiative. We MUST take advantage of the uncertainty within their camp.

Robinson

Emerton - Jones - Nelsen - Givet

E.Diouf - Salgado - Nzonzi - Olsson

Dunn

M. Diouf

Robbo

Salgado Jones Givet Olsson

Diouf N'zonzi Pedersen

Dunn

Kalinic Diouf

If we sit back we are playing into their hands. As poor as they now are, if you invite pressure Torres, Cole, Gerrard etc WILL create chances.

Give it a go, take on Carthorse Carragher, Calamity Johnson, the likes of Lucas and Poiulson sitting in midfield are limited to say the least.

There will never be a better time to win at Anfield, if we don't attack the team next to bottom we may as well pack it all in.

If we sit back we are playing into their hands. As poor as they now are, if you invite pressure Torres, Cole, Gerrard etc WILL create chances.

Give it a go, take on Carthorse Carragher, Calamity Johnson, the likes of Lucas and Poiulson sitting in midfield are limited to say the least.

There will never be a better time to win at Anfield, if we don't attack the team next to bottom we may as well pack it all in.

I was thinking exactly the opposite. Where liverpool have had trouble this season is breaking teams down. They have shown no guile at all. This could play right into our hands as it is more than likely we are going to sit back.

I could see them making a mistake or two at the back so keep it tight and try and grab a goal at the other end. I have a half decent feeling about this one.

Most importantly the need to close down their midfield will be important with the likes of gerrard hitting some long range efforts. Apart from that I do not think they will fathom to many opportunities.

Torres will score, so we'll need to get at least one....with no Samba...we're snookered.

Bring in Hoilett to play with Kalinic with a strong 5 in midfield....Jones, Nelsen and Givet as a three at the back. Givet gives a natural left sided feel that that three....

Robbo

Jones

Nelsen

Givet

Olsson

Emerton

Pedersen

Nozonzi

Dunn

Hoilett

Kalinic

2-0 Us.