BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

Torres will score, so we'll need to get at least one....with no Samba...we're snookered.

Bring in Hoilett to play with Kalinic with a strong 5 in midfield....Jones, Nelsen and Givet as a three at the back. Givet gives a natural left sided feel that that three....

Robbo

Jones

Nelsen

Givet

Olsson

Emerton

Pedersen

Nozonzi

Dunn

Hoilett

Kalinic

2-0 Us.

That formation would be asking for trouble.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should just go for them....go gung-ho - whats the worst that can happen...

--------------Robbo-------------

-Salgado--Jones--Givet--Olsson--

--------------NZonzi------------

-------Diouf---Dunn---Gamst-----

---------Kalinic--M. Diouf------

I think we should just go for them....go gung-ho - whats the worst that can happen...

--------------Robbo-------------

-Salgado--Jones--Givet--Olsson--

--------------NZonzi------------

-------Diouf---Dunn---Gamst-----

---------Kalinic--M. Diouf------

I agree completely with going for them. They're wounded and demoralised right now. This is not the time for cagey anti-football, even away from home.

Sam please take note.

I'd love to see 2 upfront, but will Sam do this away from home? I agree with the need to go for it from the off. Liverpool are there for the taking. Sitting back would make it easier for Liverpool to get their passing game going and give them confidence. Attack them and don't give them a minute on the ball.

This game worries me a lot, far too often players and teams bad spells come to an end against us.

Not sure why anyone wants Hoilett starting, he's shown nothing so far.

I hope Olsson keeps his place at left back, he got forward well a few times against Sunderland, something Givet never does.

...................... Robinson

Salgado ... Jones .... Givet .... Olsson

............. N'Zonzi .... Pedersen

.. M. Diouf ......... Dunn ...... E. Diouf

....................... Kalinic

That'd do me.

I just hope people dont start the nonesense after the game, saying how we should be going there and winning like its a League 2 opposition, regardless of form, this is still Liverpool away...tough game no matter what.

I just hope we can have a go.

Anyone fancy the 28/1 to on Rovers to be ahead at half time, but Liverpool to win the game?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2705370,00.html

If you look at our first half record - it's won 4 drawn 4 lost 0. Liverpools first half record is won 0, drawn 4, lost 4. Our second half record is the worst in the league. So the problem either lies in our fitness (which the expert was improving for this season), or in the experts half time team talks.

Why don't we put out the Aston Villa Carling Cup Away formation from January this year and take the game to them. Samba has already been sent off so we might hold on for a victory this time.

We need to treat this match with a cup-game mentality, like we did against Chelsea in the League Cup last year and played out of our skins. I don't think Sam will share this belief. He'll think he can get something against a listless Liverpool by shutting up shop, frustrating them and nicking a set-piece. It might sound alright in theory, but no doubt at FT we'll be bemoaning our lack of ambition once again.

Here's to being proved wrong!

This isn't a game I expect us to win, and in the past I would be happy with us packing the midfield. But given Liverpools form, we have to be positive and put them under some pressure, if we don't set our stall out positively in this one, then we know for a fact Sam will never budge.

why is sam saying all this and giving them further incentive to beat us. we should just go and upset them on the pitch. souness did this when we played celtic and really got them fired up for the game

Many people have stated he likes to hear the sound of his own voice.

Maybe he would have been at home with the Rovers fans taking the mickey out of Cisse ........... before he scored the winning goal against us.

Archived