BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

not feeling positive, just feel that it will be a heavy liverpool win. as usual, we'll help people break their bad streaks. miss those days (early souness period and all the time under hughes) when i would genuinely go into such games full of anticipation and with the feeling that we'll get a result.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we're famous for ending poor runs for teams but I can't see where Liverpool and especially Torres are going to pull a performance from today.

I think that the absense of Samba today might just help us focus a few minds today. We were solid for 50 minutes with ten men on Monday and if we can do so again this afternoon from the off and get Dunn on for the last half hour then they really are there for the taking.

As for the talk of Liverpool playing under new owners, look how well that went last weekend...

1-0 Rovers EH Diouf with the goal ;)

So if Nelsen and samba are out how will we line up (given sam's sticking with one formation so far this year..)?

Something like -

Robinson

Salgado Jones Givet Olsson

Emerton Nzonzi

Hoilett Pedersen El Hadj

Kalinic

possibly Mame for Hoilett based on the players used so far, or will we see someone like Linganzi called in allongside Nzonzi, with Emo keeping the right wing?

Or even -

Robinson

Chimbonda Jones Givet Olsson

Salgado Nzonzi

Emerton Pedersen El Hadj

Kalinic or Mame

• Backroom

Possibly even

Robbo

Salgado givet jones chimbomda

Diouf emerton nzonzi olsson

Pedersen

Diouf or Niko

Hard to predict really there's a few ways he could go

well I have to say unless Sam can break this habit of only playing one up top we will struggle and although I am grateful for what Sam has done unless we get a win today I think he should go might be a bit gung-ho because anything other than a win & we will struggle and I could not bear to see this club in such a perilous position also I think still has to prove he can change tactics are not working he should be big enough to change things around to suit each game.

We'll never have a better chance to get something, this is the worst Liverpool team I can remember since they came up in the early 1960's. Will we get anything ? I hope so but I just can't see it. We don't make chances, seven goals in eight games tells it's own story. Also even with our best defenders playing we always concede away from home. My head says we'll do Woy a favour, come on Rovers prove me wrong !

4-0 Liverpool, Gerrard to win a penalty and a Torres hattrick. We'll keep 10 men behind the ball and lump it to Niko, who will have no chance, because he'll have no support.

I can't see Sam being positive, but if he is, then we've got a LOT more chance if getting something from this game. One thing we do need to do is turn up for 90 minutes! A 45 minute performance will see us beaten. Liverpool might be struggling, but most of their players are better than ours and our usual tactics don't work.

Please, please no stupid long throws, they are a complete waste of time!

If we lose today will the Pro Sam brigade still be positive and think we're going to finish mid table under Sam? We are in for a long hard season under Sam's current 'tactics'.

From the offical site:

LIVERPOOL: Reina, Konchesky, Meireles, Gerrard ©, Torres, Cole, Kyrgiakos, Rodriguez, Lucas, Carragher, Skrtel.

Subs: Jones (GK), Jovanovic, Babel, Ngog, Poulsen, Shelvey, Kelly.

ROVERS: Robinson ©, Salgado, Jones, Givet, Olsson, Emerton, Dunn, Nzonzi, Pedersen, EH Diouf, Kalinic.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Grella, Benjani, Hoilett, Morris, Chimbonda, MB Diouf

Nelsen failed late fitness test, so Jones will drop to CB and Dunny comes to CM.

From the offical site:

LIVERPOOL: Reina, Konchesky, Meireles, Gerrard ©, Torres, Cole, Kyrgiakos, Rodriguez, Lucas, Carragher, Skrtel.

Subs: Jones (GK), Jovanovic, Babel, Ngog, Poulsen, Shelvey, Kelly.

ROVERS: Robinson ©, Salgado, Jones, Givet, Olsson, Emerton, Dunn, Nzonzi, Pedersen, EH Diouf, Kalinic.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Grella, Benjani, Hoilett, Morris, Chimbonda, MB Diouf

Nelsen failed late fitness test, so Jones will drop to CB and Dunny comes to CM.

Robbo

N'zoni Pedersen

Emerton Dunn EH Diouf

Kalinic

Happy enough with that team TBH.

Robbo

N'zoni Pedersen

Emerton Dunn EH Diouf

Kalinic

Happy enough with that team TBH.

Very pleased with that side. Probably the best team we can put out at the moment, the only real missing individual is Samba. Key for us is whether Pedersen can adapt to a deeper role and dictate the play. He has the qualities to do it - good engine, good technique, decent range of passing. If he could suprise us and make a good fist of it that would be a massive advantage.

This line up could still see Kalinic isolated, Dunn must get forward and not drop too deep like he often does. Would have preferred 2 up front, but Sam is always going to be a little cautious in his approach to any match. Dunn is the key for me, he'll need to do some running today though!

• Backroom

A bit unrelated to the matter at hand but after his recent performances I'd like to see Diouf given a try behind the striker in the Dunn role, he looks by far our most likely source of a goal

Archived