BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview - 20:00 Monday 18th October

colin

Amusing preview, I will never look at Steve Bruce again without thinking of Jackanory.

Now, since this is my first time back at Ewood (and Blackburn) since 1997 I can only hope for plenty of excitement, goals and a win.

I also expect the flying pigs will cause some sir traffic disruption around East Lancs.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Amusing preview, I will never look at Steve Bruce again without thinking of Jackanory.

Now, since this is my first time back at Ewood (and Blackburn) since 1997 I can only hope for plenty of excitement, goals and a win.

I also expect the flying pigs will cause some sir traffic disruption around East Lancs.

We've been hoping for exactly the same since 1997 too mate ;):P

Nelsen could be injured for this game, not a major loss..... we've got Superman ;)

A thigh injury kept the All Whites' skipper sidelined.

"It's kinda one of those ten days/two weeks kinda thing so yeah I’m not looking forward to going back to Blackburn and seeing what they think," says Nelsen.

Ah good - then you know how it feels when people read your posts too then!

:wstu: Go ahead earn yourself some bonus 'reputation' points :o

lol.

Btw, did you even read my post? I said we'd probably get a result, but you still felt the need to blow your Sam trumpet.

What is Lawro on about? :lol: I'll upload a picture when I get home from work..... I'm sure they'll change it soon

Sunderland v Blackburn (2000 BST)

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce and Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce are good friends and I'm sure this will be a keenly-fought battle.

Sunderland are tough to beat at home, but they've only won one of their league matches this season on their turf.

I have a sneaky feeling Rovers will get a win at the Stadium of Light.

Prediction: 1-2

Yeah just noticed that too...predicts we will lose 2-1 at home in his table, but then in his comments predicts we will win 2-1 away!!

No wonder people say he talks sh!te!!

I know, how difficult can it be to get the correct set of fixtures? It wasn't like the Blackpool and Wigan game on the opening day of the season were Blackpool had to play away, when they were supposed to be at home.

I agree with what Stan Collymore said.

Some stat comparisons from the LT....Make very interesting reading, and highlight what a great job we do with limited resources.

Sunderland have NEVER finished above us in the premier league

Squad cost

Sunderland - £70m

Rovers - £30m

Total Transfer spend since 92

Sunderland - £193.3m

Rovers - 182.6m

Money raised from sales since 92

Sunderland - £82.2m

Rovers - £176.1m

Net Spend since 92

Sunderland - £111m

Rovers £6.5m

Team News

I was right about Nelsen. Grella & Andrews out, Nelsen a doubt......

Barring any late injury scares the Rovers boss should select from: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Emerton, Jones, Nzonzi, Pedersen, EH Diouf, MB Diouf, Bunn, Olsson, Dunn, Kalinic, Benjani, Hoilett, Roberts, Chimbonda.

I'd like to see:

---------Robinson----------

-Emerton-Samba-Givet-Olsson

------N'zonzi---Jones------

--Diouf---Pedersen---Diouf-

----------Kalinic----------

If we're going to attack then we need full backs that can actually support our strikers, Salgado hasn't been fast enough and Givet just isn't a very good full back at all.

I'd like to see:

-Emerton-Samba-Givet-Olsson

------N'zonzi---Jones------

--Diouf---Pedersen---Diouf-

If we're going to attack then we need full backs that can actually support our strikers, Salgado hasn't been fast enough and Givet just isn't a very good full back at all.

I'd play something like:

-Salgado-Samba-Jones-Givet

----------N'zonzi---------

--M.Diouf---Emerton---E.Diouf

Salgado won't be dropped but Emerton's last couple of performances warrant a place in the side imo. I'd play Jones back in central defense with Samba, they looked rock solid last season. We are at home i don't see the need for two holding midfielders. N'zonzi would play the holding role with Emerton dropping back in defense when the pressure is on but being given the freedom to make forward runs occasionally, he has the energy to play a box-to-box role. Pedersen and Olsson deserve to be in the side at the moment.

This won't be the side Sam puts out but that is what i would probably select.

I'd play something like:

Salgado won't be dropped but Emerton's last couple of performances warrant a place in the side imo. I'd play Jones back in central defense with Samba, they looked rock solid last season. We are at home i don't see the need for two holding midfielders. N'zonzi would play the holding role with Emerton dropping back in defense when the pressure is on but being given the freedom to make forward runs occasionally, he has the energy to play a box-to-box role. Pedersen and Olsson deserve to be in the side at the moment.

Surely we should at least start with 11 players?

• Backroom

I'd personally give Benjani a go up top with the Diouf twins on either wing. Kalinic doesn't look like setting the league alight this season so may as well give Benji a shot.

Dunn to come on then hobble back off

I'd play something like:

So why haven't you picked them then?

Surely we should at least start with 11 players?

Serves me right typing up a quick reply and not checking it before going out.

--Hoilett---Emerton---E.Diouf

----------Kalinic M.Diouf----------

4-1-3-2

So why haven't you picked them then?

Another typo that i made, it should have read:

"Pedersen and Olsson don't deserve to be in the side at the moment."

Another typo that i made, it should have read:

"Pedersen and Olsson don't deserve to be in the side at the moment."

Why not? We've scored seven league goals this season, Pedersen has assisted in two of them. He's been our most created player.........just ahead of Robinson ;)

Archived