BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Holiday locations

That always helps in Egypt, I don't mind tipping for good service and the locals really do appreciate it.

I give tips like anyone else because you have to but the whole concept irritates me. People should be paid a proper wage so that tips are not needed and the price on the menu should be the price you pay. Expecting a tip is close to begging and should not be necessary.

It particularly pigs me off on 'All Inclusive' holidays. You need to budget for tips or the service is close to non existant.

I give tips like anyone else because you have to but the whole concept irritates me. People should be paid a proper wage so that tips are not needed and the price on the menu should be the price you pay. Expecting a tip is close to begging and should not be necessary.

It particularly pigs me off on 'All Inclusive' holidays. You need to budget for tips or the service is close to non existant.

I know it irritates lots of people Al, I just get on with it though. I only tip if for good service though. I never tip the guy's at the airport for the trollies and loading your suitcase onto the coach/taxi, but when in Egypt I always tip the fella loading suitcases onto the conveyor at the check in desk on the way home as that eliminates the risk of having to pay excess on overweight luggage. It's also well worth looking after the bar tenders on all inclusive trips to Egypt as they tend to serve you first at your next visit to the bar no matter how many people are waiting.

I also budget for tips on all inclusive, but I'm only talking about around £40 for two weeks, it doesn't exactly break the bank.

Ok im after ideas of really good holiday locations...

Basically me & the missus are going to put several ideas of holidays & randomley pick one out & book it.

Iv always fancied New York, aswell as Miami, she is a big fan of Egyptian times etc - so both Egypt & New York will be in there! So the easiest way is to pick 3 really top places each & randomley pull one out & just book it.

So id like to hear peoples best holiday locations? And any ideas they have?

Brazil isnt an option as we are going to do that one when its 2014 world cup, and same goes for Ukrain & Poland for 2012 - although I doubt too many will recommend the last 2! lol

Have a look at Beruwela in Sri Lanka, I went a couple of years ago and am sure to go back. The people, food, weather and service is outstanding. There are many trips available including Pinnawella Elephant orphanage which is out of this world. Monarch (Cosmos) holidays used to be pretty competitive for Sri Lanka.

Have a look at Beruwela in Sri Lanka, I went a couple of years ago and am sure to go back. The people, food, weather and service is outstanding. There are many trips available including Pinnawella Elephant orphanage which is out of this world. Monarch (Cosmos) holidays used to be pretty competitive for Sri Lanka.

Is this the holiday when you were more or less kidnapped? And you're going back?!

Is this the holiday when you were more or less kidnapped? And you're going back?!

Sort of bob, and yes I will go back. Next time I'll take you as bait....

With regards to bob's comment, I would not recommend using a tour company called 'Asian Adventures' for organised trips or transfers whilst in Sri Lanka.

With regards to bob's comment, I would not recommend using a tour company called 'Asian Adventures' for organised trips or transfers whilst in Sri Lanka.

So other than the kidnapp attempt a darn good holiday? :lol:

Asian Adventures - Safe and Secure Transfer Service

1. Chicago

2. Seattle and up the West Coast to Vancouver Island

3. Tasmania

4. Borneo

5. High Atlas, Mid Atlas and Anti Atlas mountains

6. Zanzibar

7. Burnley after Rovers stuff the Barstewards

Is "Asian Adventures" the company who organise tours to the Ping Pong ball bars in Thailand?! :rolleyes:

Re: San Diego, I went in March 3-4 years back. In March, we got fairly cool weather, sadly. little sun, drizzle a few days, highs never reaching the 70s. Never made it to the beach, as it owuld have been darned uncomfortable.

The Zoo was impressive, and my wifne and I found a nice little vineyard relatively near the Zoo (so not the haul to napa). Acutally had the vineyard shipping wine to us for a year or so, untill the state I was living in at the time changed the laws and made it illegal to ship wine via the post, oddly.

The aircraft carrier in port that is opened as a museum was quite nice. We stayed out on coronado, which was quite nice, but a bit less convenient to get to the gas light section.

1. Chicago

2. Seattle and up the West Coast to Vancouver Island (AND THEN UP THE WEST COAST OF VANCOUVER ISLAND TOWARDS TOFINO)

3. Tasmania

4. Borneo

5. High Atlas, Mid Atlas and Anti Atlas mountains

6. Zanzibar

7. Burnley after Rovers stuff the Barstewards

Is "Asian Adventures" the company who organise tours to the Ping Pong ball bars in Thailand?! :rolleyes:

I always forget about Boston as a destination ebcause I've been so many times, and it was never a vacation for me!

Sucks to drive in, like most big cities, but can be fun.

If anyone is heading to boston and has questions, let me know. My wife worked in downton Boston for 2-3 years, and her father for 20 years or so. Know the area quite well.

We stayed with friends in Dracut and went to places like Lexington and Concord which was pretty interesting if you're into your history. Boston is worth going to purely for the Cheesecake Factory. I'm not sure if this is a chain across America but oh.my.god. the portions were freaking huge and the cheesecakes were to die for.

Re: San Diego, I went in March 3-4 years back. In March, we got fairly cool weather, sadly. little sun, drizzle a few days, highs never reaching the 70s. Never made it to the beach, as it owuld have been darned uncomfortable.

The Zoo was impressive, and my wifne and I found a nice little vineyard relatively near the Zoo (so not the haul to napa). Acutally had the vineyard shipping wine to us for a year or so, untill the state I was living in at the time changed the laws and made it illegal to ship wine via the post, oddly.

The aircraft carrier in port that is opened as a museum was quite nice. We stayed out on coronado, which was quite nice, but a bit less convenient to get to the gas light section.

I'm surprised by that. I was there in February and the sun shone so warmly that I got my scalp burned walking around the zoo. You were just unlucky.

Archived