BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Britains Fund the Taliban claims Taliban Commander

"I dont buy Halal meat as I buy most of my meat from the same family butchers my family have used for 60 years(Kosher btw)"

Equally cruel, equally abhorrent and in this day and age both unecessary and unjustifiable yet you have the temerity to judge others on their moral values. You are obviously very intelligent Hemel so why don't you question and challenge age old and unecessary practices? Tell you what you take some time out and click on adopted scousers Peter Hitchen link from a few days ago then come back and we'll carry on the debate. :tu:

Something for you to consider Hemel :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's cranking it up a notch.

Now then, it's great for well educated people to have an unshakeable faith in the "Great Fat Zero" but how does the rest of society cope with the miserable, introspective "truth" that we are all alone and there us nothing else? That the voice in their head, which may at it's most existential be a person's soul, is one day just going to switch off and become Nothing? I find it very difficult indeed to comprehend Nothing. I just can't do it. I can't even get my head around "The Big Bang". What banged? Why did it bang? And where was it when it banged?

Science is another funny thing. At the end of the day science is still a faith or belief in something which may or may not be true. Even worse the religion of Science keeps having it's core ideals changed. At least the other religions stick to their guns even under pain of death. Even worse than that, scientology has aliens as one of its core belief system! To quote Will off of The Inbetweeners, "brilliant".

So then let's leave it to science to explain exactly why we are all here and what our purpose is.

Once it's been explained, the Large Hadron Collider has collided all those things it desperately needs to collide and a nice neat graph appears in The Guardian, and we have the DNA strand for existence - until they next change it again - or at the very least "42", then best of luck convincing every religion of the world that they are fundamentally wrong! In the meantime how about the original question rather than red herrings?

How do we all live together?

in order to import and sell the fuel that they sell they have to first buy the fuel from....you guessed it. The "asian" countries that produce it. Or if they do buy it from an american or "white" company they have to pay the "asian" country for the right to drill in their country.

Thats why it makes no difference. Money from the amount you spend in ASDA will go to fund terrorism.

Hemel, you`re missing my point totally.

I have absolutely no problem with asian people in asian countries & i am well aware that most of our oil comes from the middle east. Good luck to them :tu:

My decision to not buy from asian shops & garages in my home town is purely based on the fact i see the way Blackburn is slowly being turned into a little version of India/Pakistan. By my not spending in their shops, i see it as my own personal brand of peaceful resistance. I am not funding their taking over of my town.....nor am i 'directly' funding terrorist organisations with my hard-earned cash via a Blackburn-based mosque collection tin.

I am only one person. I cannot do a lot, but i can do my bit ;)

• Backroom

Hemel, you`re missing my point totally.

I have absolutely no problem with asian people in asian countries & i am well aware that most of our oil comes from the middle east. Good luck to them :tu:

My decision to not buy from asian shops & garages in my home town is purely based on the fact i see the way Blackburn is slowly being turned into a little version of India/Pakistan. By my not spending in their shops, i see it as my own personal brand of peaceful resistance. I am not funding their taking over of my town.....nor am i 'directly' funding terrorist organisations with my hard-earned cash via a Blackburn-based mosque collection tin.

I am only one person. I cannot do a lot, but i can do my bit ;)

Cletus, if the asian in question is second-generation and thus born in Britain and British by nationality would you still not buy from a shop they owned?

Now then, it's great for well educated people to have an unshakeable faith in the "Great Fat Zero" but how does the rest of society cope with the miserable, introspective "truth" that we are all alone and there us nothing else? That the voice in their head, which may at it's most existential be a person's soul, is one day just going to switch off and become Nothing? I find it very difficult indeed to comprehend Nothing. I just can't do it.

Easy ... it'll feel the same as the previous 14.5 billion years felt, before you were born.

Science is another funny thing. At the end of the day science is still a faith or belief in something which may or may not be true.

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO. This is a complete misunderstanding of the science paradigm. Science is peer-group reviewed. That means that if you propose a theory you have to back it up with evidence which will be scrutinized to the 'nth' degree by fellow scientists, who will get nearly as big a kick out of disproving your theory as you will of proving it. This very competitive human trait provides an ideas filter which ensures only the most topple proof theories survive (Take Darwin's Theory of Evolution .... it would only take the discovery of one out-of-sequence fossil in the geological record to bring the whole theory crashing down ... but guess what ... despite the best attempts of creationists over the years ... the theory is in fact reinforced as time goes by).

Also it provides a mechanism for improving theories over time. For instance Newtons Laws of motion were re-focused when Einstein came along ...not disproved.

Cletus, if the asian in question is second-generation and thus born in Britain and British by nationality would you still not buy from a shop they owned?

No. It doesn`t matter what generation he/she is, their money still goes into the collection tin that helps buy bombs & guns that kill british soldiers.

Oh come on. I fully understand and respect Cletus' point of view, though don't necessarily follow his course of action myself. In light of the facts Sky have revealed (something I question whether they should have done out of sensitivity to the victims families) I think it would be naive for people not to consider the possible courses of action Cletus has raised.

Whether you would go as far as he has is your own prerogative, but to label him and others racist as a result is very unfair IMO.

I`m sure it has been posted on here before now, but this episode of Panorama about the racial divide in Blackburn is well worth a watch....regardless of your stance on the subject.

Once did a couple of weeks work at a huge building in Lancaster, I think it was some old institute that had been bought as a school for Pakistani girls, The school was more of a finishing school and some of the things taught to the girls I found amazing.

They were not allowed to speak to us, look at us, they had to cross over the road if they were on the same side as us, basically is made me feel a bit angry, I mean I am not racist in the slightest as I had plenty of Pakistani friends at school and still have now but there I was fixing pipes that they had broken and being made to feel like I didnt belong there.

I learnt a lot in those 2 weeks and it certainly opened my eyes as to where the main problems of segregation comes from.

Yes, let's never discuss or debate such matters, even though it is an important issue for those living in Blackburn now. Besides this is a non-football forum.

The problem is not the thread or even the debate, it's that neither side will compromise their beliefs.

But talking is at least a start.

It's surely better than both sides doing this. Isn't it...?

ostrich.jpg

Now then, the real question is, is the issue a need for tolerance (of irreconcilable differences)? Or a need for integration (of shared values)?

If you want to emulate SAR with a picture of an ostrich can you not find one with it's head up it's own arse rather than in the sand please Jisty?

I can see I'm out numbered and never going to convince the scientists that there is a middle ground.

But maybe the science boys can answer this:

Can you prove that God does not exist? Or is it just something you believe to be true?

I can see I'm out numbered and never going to convince the scientists that there is a middle ground.

But maybe the science boys can answer this:

Can you prove that God does not exist? Or is it just something you believe to be true?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Can you prove the Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist?

Science is another funny thing. At the end of the day science is still a faith or belief in something which may or may not be true. Even worse the religion of Science keeps having it's core ideals changed. At least the other religions stick to their guns even under pain of death. Even worse than that, scientology has aliens as one of its core belief system! To quote Will off of The Inbetweeners, "brilliant".

Wow, what an ignorant post. Firstly if you believe Scientology has anything to do with science then, wow, just wow man.

Secondly science only believes what can be proven, they have no belief or faith in anything that cannot, they simply have theories that remain as so until proven otherwise.

The difference between science and religion is that when scientists are proven wrong they rejoice, when religion is they shove thier head in the sand and continue to believe in the same thing even when everything thrown up proves it incorrect.

As far as middle ground goes, could you care to explain? There either is a GOD or there isn't. It is egotistical to say that it's ok for them to believe in a GOD, let's not worry the masses with the little things like investigation or understanding.

What a dumb idea to believe in a supernatural being because of a feeling of isolation. How could you possibly feel isolated when there are billions of people on the planet and a never ending universe to explore and wonder at, let alone what we can't see under our own feet.

I'll happily take bring called ignorant. There are a great many things I don't understand. The scientology thing was a throw away comment and a bit of a play on words but, in the UK at least, it does not qualify as a religion so does that make it a science?

As for middle ground, how about God and science could co-exist?

Still more scoffing though. You lot won't believe there is a God unless it is proven to you. I won't believe there isn't one unless it is proven to me.

Unless someone has a go at my original question, I'll leave it there.

I'll happily take bring called ignorant. There are a great many things I don't understand. The scientology thing was a throw away comment and a bit of a play on words but, in the UK at least, it does not qualify as a religion so does that make it a science?

As for middle ground, how about God and science could co-exist?

Still more scoffing though. You lot won't believe there is a God unless it is proven to you. I won't believe there isn't one unless it is proven to me.

Unless someone has a go at my original question, I'll leave it there.

Which God is real, and what has drawn you to this conclusion?

Archived