BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Final Day

cn174

No I'm not part if anything we just went on the website and bought them. Not arrived yet though

Where you staying ? We are in neuss , all accom gone as they are having it the same weekend the city is holding the worlds largest box festival

If you're thinking of going again next year, join OGAE at www.ogae.co.uk, its the easiest place to get tickets, which is a good thing as that dticket place was rubbish for final tickets.

I'm staying in a private garden apartment 30 min walk away from the arena, got lucky really, just asked around the different guesthouses and one of them offered me that for 120 Euros a night. I'm also booked at a guesthouse for 50 Euros a night 30 min walk away, but if its that cheap its bound to be crappy. Have to say, it was very silly of them to put Eurovision in a city that already has something big going on the same week!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah no it suits transport is good train in 30 mins. Ticket was tricky.

Ever been before ?

Liking that they've said if you show your ticket you can get on the train for free, but I'm glad I'm near the arena as I don't wanna worry about transport. I went to Oslo last year, and it was awesome, you're gonna have a blast, its just such a different experience entirely to watching it on the telly, its hard to explain.

Slight ray of hope here. If Manchester United have won the league by that weekend they'll send out the reserves against us.

Possibly clutching at straws.......

You think Kean's misfits will beat United reserves???????blink.gif

No I'm not part if anything we just went on the website and bought them. Not arrived yet though

Where you staying ? We are in neuss , all accom gone as they are having it the same weekend the city is holding the worlds largest box festival

Eurovision...enough said .all your credibility has gone.Its the biggest embarrassment to anyone who likes any sort of music .I honestly find Burnley to have more street cred than this bag of fakepatontheback rigged rubbish..on topic I'd rather watch man u than euronovision.

Guest linganzi

I admire your maturity

Although I'm not sure anyone foes for the music if you can even call it that

For the record I don't know that much about it so I thought id go and find out .

Bringing this back to football - because of the Eurovision, Fortuna Dusseldorf have to move out of their stadium for 3 games. But rather than play at someone else's ground, they've had a temporary 20,000 capacity stadium built within site of the Espirit Arena. Crazy!! All built in 8 weeks and ready to be played in - then as soon as the Eurovision has gone, they'll demolish it.

btw on the same day in the afternoon is B.Dortmund's last home game where they'll probably get the Bundesliga shield. It would be hard to get tickets, but would be so worth it.

Guest linganzi

Bringing this back to football - because of the Eurovision, Fortuna Dusseldorf have to move out of their stadium for 3 games. But rather than play at someone else's ground, they've had a temporary 20,000 capacity stadium built within site of the Espirit Arena. Crazy!! All built in 8 weeks and ready to be played in - then as soon as the Eurovision has gone, they'll demolish it.

btw on the same day in the afternoon is B.Dortmund's last home game where they'll probably get the Bundesliga shield. It would be hard to get tickets, but would be so worth it.

Already tried for tickets to that but not happening and logistics not that easy. Might get to a fortuna reserve game on the Fri though

Already tried for tickets to that but not happening and logistics not that easy. Might get to a fortuna reserve game on the Fri though

361 000 people want tickets for that match apparently. It's an 80 000 stadium with 51 000 season ticket holders and 8 000 away fans for that match so the other 300 000 wanting tickets stand very little chance.

Please can we keep this to FA Cup final day and not eurovision (its not even football related)

I'm secretly hoping the united game gets moved to the 17th as its by birthday. Don't think we have ever had a game on my birthday

Please can we keep this to FA Cup final day and not eurovision (its not even football related)

I'm secretly hoping the united game gets moved to the 17th as its by birthday. Don't think we have ever had a game on my birthday

I'm hoping if it does, that you'll have a more joyous birthday than ever with a nice win!!!

Webcam for Temp. Stadium

your birthday is off topic :wacko: lol

Eurovision...enough said .all your credibility has gone.Its the biggest embarrassment to anyone who likes any sort of music .I honestly find Burnley to have more street cred than this bag of fakepatontheback rigged rubbish..on topic I'd rather watch man u than euronovision.

I agree it's rubbish, but if you're going to attack someone, at least do it coherently :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

FA Cup semi finals this weekend. Four years ago we took on Chelsea at Old Trafford, and came within about 3 inches of beating them and going to Wembley with a chance of me completing the full set of seeing us win domestic honours.

However, with a couple of minutes to go at 1-1, MGP found himself around nine yards out, absolutely perfectly positioned to tuch his free header out and win the match for Rovers. He missed a rouinte chance, and we ultimatley lost 2-1 in extra time.

I have never watched the game replay once since then , as I was so very down about it. But I finally did the other night ,and here is a reminder of how good a chance MGP had of putting us through.

208162_10150260197280898_594900897_9139384_2809858_n.jpg

205617_10150260197075898_594900897_9139383_5954897_n.jpg

Seem like it has pretty much been all down hill since then. Good luck to Stoke this weekend.

FA Cup semi finals this weekend. Four years ago we took on Chelsea at Old Trafford, and came within about 3 inches of beating them and going to Wembley with a chance of me completing the full set of seeing us win domestic honours.

However, with a couple of minutes to go at 1-1, MGP found himself around nine yards out, absolutely perfectly positioned to tuch his free header out and win the match for Rovers. He missed a rouinte chance, and we ultimatley lost 2-1 in extra time.

I have never watched the game replay once since then , as I was so very down about it. But I finally did the other night ,and here is a reminder of how good a chance MGP had of putting us through.

208162_10150260197280898_594900897_9139384_2809858_n.jpg

205617_10150260197075898_594900897_9139383_5954897_n.jpg

Seem like it has pretty much been all down hill since then. Good luck to Stoke this weekend.

So close, yet so far eh!

I remember when the draw was made and everyone thought the draw was fixed with rumours of hot/cold balls, different weights and textures just to keep apart chelsea and Man Utd. It was the year of new Wembley and I think the other team involved was Watford.

We gave Chelsea a hell of a game that day even though we lost, I was proud to be a Rover.

There was another moment towards the end of 90 mins when Cech made probably one of the greatest saves of his career by tipping away a Terry header.

Oh well, the Wembley dream goes on.

p.s. Sam Platts before the game was absolutely incredible!

Archived