BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who do you want as manager

Roberts is down to Allardyce, he is still at the club.

Derbyshire offered us little and we have mini Diouf and Hoilett. Would you rather have Benni McCarthy at the club or the money to pay our huge wages, which have to be paid somehow?

Mini Diouf isn't even our player and also doesnt seem to be able to play the target man role so is therefore useless, and what exactly has hoilett offered us?? Not to mention hoilett isn't even played as a striker.

I would of rather Mccarthy was at least replaced by SOMEONE.

Dont talk to me about huge wages when we have a striker in roberts who is on atleast 20 grand a week sitting in the reserves. So your argument regarding mccarthy is void.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what, no one has mentioned Bob Bradley yet? wasn't good enough for Villa, so clearly he's perfect for Rovers. Besides, if the new owners are going for the Indian Market, you need Bradley as the link to the American market. simple as. unless there's a manager from India I don't know about who has the credentials to get a license... (giggles inside)

what, no one has mentioned Bob Bradley yet? wasn't good enough for Villa, so clearly he's perfect for Rovers. Besides, if the new owners are going for the Indian Market, you need Bradley as the link to the American market. simple as. unless there's a manager from India I don't know about who has the credentials to get a license... (giggles inside)

What exactly is Bradleys managerial style? Motivator?

Mini Diouf isn't even our player and also doesnt seem to be able to play the target man role so is therefore useless, and what exactly has hoilett offered us?? Not to mention hoilett isn't even played as a striker.

I would of rather Mccarthy was at least replaced by SOMEONE.

Dont talk to me about huge wages when we have a striker in roberts who is on atleast 20 grand a week sitting in the reserves. So your argument regarding mccarthy is void.

Why is Sam signing players who don't fit into our system then? And Benni as a lone striker would be appalling, so he fits better into that role than Mini Diouf. Diouf is our player for the foreseeable future, as was Di Santo. We have got much more out of those two than we would have done with Benni over the last two years. I am sure he is making more of an effort at West Ham than he would have done here, and he's still not achieving anything.

Roberts is in the reserves because Allardyce messed up. And whether or not the wages are justified they still have to be paid. So I will talk about wages.

As for the Hoilett statement, Derbyshire was rarely played as a striker.

i cant believe those who want shearer as manager! maybe i dreamed his disaterous spell at newcastle, or the fact that he turned rovers down in 2008, or ... "ben arfa... who he ???"

:wacko:

Join the club.

Shearer took one of his old clubs down. He'd do the same with Rovers.

Join the club.

Shearer took one of his old clubs down. He'd do the same with Rovers.

Shearer it seems has absolutely no passion for football management and has shown nothing to prove he has football managerial skills, judging by his reluctance to actually attempt to work his way up as a manager.

Some of these backroom teams people are dreaming up are laughable, being a quality player doesnt make you a top coach.

Why would Shearer come after turning us down in 2008 when we were in a much better position.

Souness has been out of the game too long and his old school ways dont work anymore.

Some people have a memory like a sieve.

i cant believe those who want shearer as manager! maybe i dreamed his disaterous spell at newcastle, or the fact that he turned rovers down in 2008, or ... "ben arfa... who he ???"

:wacko:

He apparently turned us down before the job was given to Ince.

What exactly is Bradleys managerial style? Motivator?

His style... crap, utter crap, really. Makes Big Sam look exciting. But granted, I think Blackburn's strikers are better than the USA teams attackers at this point. the USA's two best forwards are arguably truely midfielders (Dempsey and donovan)

The fact that people are willing to entertain any old name tossed out there right now is amusing and means something. Just not sure what.

But then again, the USA backroom folks have admitted to having tried to lure Klinsmann in for the job for the 3rd time since hiring bradley. When Klinsmann said no, they re-signed Bradley. Maybe Rovers should look to Jurgen...

I think he used a quite interesting variation of 4-4-2 in the World Cup, which would suggest some tactical ability as well... Can anyone enlighten us?

When we are at our best right now, its more like a 4-4-1-1, altidore with Dempsey just behind, donovan on a free wide role, tucking in at times. 3 from Edu/Bradley/Jones/Feilhaber/Holden splitting the middle and other wide role, but the width on the other side coming primarily from the back on that side.

But as I said before, when we were playing well at the confed cup, it was a 4-4-2, with altidore and a speedy 2nd forward in Davies, with Dempsey and Donovan out wide, and 2 defensive Center mids, and we were almost entirely reliant on counter attacks for any chances. The USA under Bradley are DIRE at creating open play chances with any possession. If you think Rovers have a problem with possession right now, you'd loathe Bradley Ball.

Somebody suggested Gus Poyet, Brighton fans rave about him and I don't think he'd carry the same risk as Ince. However our next manager will have to be a spot on choice or we won't survive.

Without better players (and that means a takeover) its all irrelevant anyway.

Shearer it seems has absolutely no passion for football management and has shown nothing to prove he has football managerial skills, judging by his reluctance to actually attempt to work his way up as a manager.

Yes; but just think if any fences needed creosoting,..! :rolleyes:

Generally, do we think that there are many other decent managers around?

I can't think of many myself.

So now that we've got the creosoting sorted ;) , I write this as someone who, after Ince went, would have offered the post to Owen Coyle [irrespective of the team we'd have recruited him from] because I think his teams play an attractive and effective style of football]; I think there are one or two comparatively young, fairly successful, managers in the Championship who might fill our bill, were Sam to leave us.

One is Paul Lambert who took Norwich City to promotion last season and has them currently in the Championship play-off places; the other [very much 2nd of 2, imo] is Brendan Rogers, who was Chelsea's reserve team [i think] manager before being appointed at the start of last season by Reading. That didn't work out for him; but he's now managing Swansea City, who are also in the Championship play-off places.

Very much an outsider for me would be a set-up where we'd have a Director of Football [not sure who that'd be] with the actual coaching in the hands of one of our "old boys" and the brother of another "old boy". I don't say that for their admittedly tenuous connections with the club but, in their first proper managerial posts [they used to be in charge of the youth set-up at Rochdale, if I remember rightly] Keith Hill and Dave Flitcroft have performed miracles on a wage bill of buttons at Rochdale and have taken them from the nether regions of League Two to a comfortable place in League One. Hill's got all his coaching badges [the ones Ince hadn't!], Rochdale play a reasonably attractive style of football [i've seen them a few times when it's been an "international weekend" or Rovers were playing too far from Ewood for this old beggar to contemplate the away game] and I think the only thing Hill and Flitcroft lack is experience above League One. I heard rumours last season that they were approached by an un-named club from either the Championship or League One; so we might need to see how they go on managing at a higher level than they're currently at. So, as I say, very much the outsiders in this context.

After I read USRoverME's post, I checked with a [blackpool-supporting] mate now based in St. Louis. He tells me that Bradley has just signed a new 4 year contract to manage the [uS] national side so I don’t think he will be released from that.

I think Sam will be fine from a results perspective, seems like we have started off similar to last year.. But well end up about 13/14th in my opinion with Sam.. He'll get results that matter.. So overall decent achievement under the circumstances...

However... I don't go to ewood to be entertained by the opposition I'd like some.. Just some excitement from my own team... So far the entertainment value has been zilch!!

I'd love to have got Coyle my next choice would be Holloway.. Always rated thAt chap... He's got Blackpool playing some decent stuff with significantly worse players than ours!!

One is Paul Lambert who took Norwich City to promotion last season and has them currently in the Championship play-off places; the other [very much 2nd of 2, imo] is Brendan Rogers, who was Chelsea's reserve team [i think] manager before being appointed at the start of last season by Reading. That didn't work out for him; but he's now managing rightly] Keith Hill and Dave Flitcroft his context.

All of them gambles, one of which might work but, more likely, fail miserably. Remember Paul Ince - another lower league gamble ?

Rovers in their present straightened circumstances cannot afford to gamble and need a steady experienced hand at the helm. There is no one better than the present incumbent.

I would actually like Tony Parkes with Tugay learning the ropes and for those who keep saying stick with the current chap it is not about the players they are good enough the problem with Allardyce is:

1. The players he has signed do not suit the tactics he is playing e.g. Kalinic is good with balls on the ground but lumping it up to him miles in the air expecting him to control & lay it off Sam should have seen he was never that type of player & he would do better with more support either a 2nd striker or wingers pushed further forward.

2. He never admits when he is wrong if his tactics don't work he never admits it as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it so by that logic if it is broke fix it it seems he is alien to doing something different.

3. Like yesterday he blamed our lack of height for losing the game but with jones & Givet in the centre of defence they are still good players but to allow L'pool yesterday to take the lead so soon after we equalised is just criminal even the 1st goal you could drive a bus through our defence it was embarrassing.

Generally, do we think that there are many other decent managers around?

I can't think of many myself.

I'm not advocating a change of manager, but if that was the case I would desperately like us to broaden our horizons. The French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga, the Dutch Eeredvise and Italian Serie A all arguably educate better coaches than England, and I'm sure quite a lot of them wouldn't mind a raise in wages and a challenge in the world's as of now most popular league.

Archived