BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who do you want as manager

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You make your own luck... being in the right place at the right time! People on hear where saying how much further up the league last year we would have been if this decision went our way or we should have had a pen. Its all hypothetical.. lets see where we are come January 1st I predict 13th! Whats your prediction? Lets have a fun of it bet to see who's right. I am not saying the football is great, and I agree with the teams he puts out every week, but it will come good, and he is a good manager.

By the definition of luck you do not make it yourself. We have got lucky and have taken those chances but I just want to point out where we'd be if we'd have been without that luck.

Come January we will be 16th. With the current style of football I can't see the service to the strikers improving at all. Neither can I see the midfield being given the chance to apply themselves further up the pitch and offer support. I know teams like Blackpool and co will be on a high and such and taking history into consideration they should falter around the Christmas period. I'm pretty confident that we wouldn't be relegated under Allsy but I know we can play better football and with more deserved success than we're currently having.

I don't hate the players, I actually think (unlike others on here) that we have a good squad capable of playing the ball along the ground. I do not think we have a suitable squad to hit the ball up the pitch with little or no support being offered. Whilst I also believe we have one of the better defences in the league they can't stand up to the constant pressure that is being forced upon them each and every game. Having that little possession inevitably means it is the defence that is baring the brunt in games and they can't stand up to it every game.

Alongside Klasnic? That'd be on the bench then.

Just shows the abundance of talent that Coyle has put together down at the Reebok!

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

Just shows the abundance of talent that Coyle has put together down at the Reebok!

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

You have a point. imo The money Coyle has spent in the past few months and the money Allardyce has not has elevated Bolton above BRFC in squad quality for the first time in almost 30 years. Enjoy it whilst it lasts Zulu, one day soon the debt Bolton have incurred recently may just come around to bite you on the arse.

Somebody suggested Gus Poyet, Brighton fans rave about him and I don't think he'd carry the same risk as Ince. However our next manager will have to be a spot on choice or we won't survive.

Without better players (and that means a takeover) its all irrelevant anyway.

They absolutely love him down at Brighton, the standard of football Gus has them playing is being likened to total football.

Allardyce isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's not mine but I dont think there is any body available who could have kept us up given the ridiculous financial strictures imposed by the trust. I'd just about rather put up with his awful football than go down.

Has anybody mentioned Keith Hill?

I think that the Wigan game will tell us Sams future. A win and his job is safe for a few weeks but if we draw or lose he will be sacked soon. I believe we need a manager who get us playing football. We did that for periods against Liverpool and the hoofball seemed to be lost but we had bad luck.

Is that a joke? Cos he'd command total respect from the players wouldn't he? :wacko:

No. If you read my post you'd see that I wasn't actually advocating a new manager at all. I chucked Keith Hill's name in because he has done fantastically well at Rochdale and is undoubtably one for the future. His Rovers past is a bonus.

Not sure why he wouldn't command respect from the players?

We have to turn the season around. Alarm bells not ringing largely cause performances have been "largely" decent. We havent had any luck this season either. Not to excuse some of the shambolic second halves.

6 points out of the next 3 is a must.

Bobby asides from Chelsea I don't understand how performances have been largely decent? I actually think we've been dreadful this season barring a few decent halves of 'football'.

Wigan really is a must win as I said in the Chelsea thread.

We have to turn the season around. Alarm bells not ringing largely cause performances have been "largely" decent. We havent had any luck this season either. Not to excuse some of the shambolic second halves.

6 points out of the next 3 is a must.

Any luck?

Are you sure? Everton and Man City spring to mind

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, dgs; after offering a couple of other names, I mentioned Keith Hill a couple of pages ago, as follows, with a caveat about his lack of experience at this level.

Very much an outsider for me would be a set-up where we'd have a Director of Football [not sure who that'd be] with the actual coaching in the hands of one of our "old boys" and the brother of another "old boy". I don't say that for their admittedly tenuous connections with the club but, in their first proper managerial posts [they used to be in charge of the youth set-up at Rochdale, if I remember rightly] Keith Hill and Dave Flitcroft have performed miracles on a wage bill of buttons at Rochdale and have taken them from the nether regions of League Two to a comfortable place in League One. Hill's got all his coaching badges [the ones Ince hadn't!], Rochdale play a reasonably attractive style of football [i've seen them a few times when it's been an "international weekend" or Rovers were playing too far from Ewood for this old beggar to contemplate the away game] and I think the only thing Hill and Flitcroft lack is experience above League One. I heard rumours last season that they were approached by an un-named club from either the Championship or League One; so we might need to see how they go on managing at a higher level than they're currently at. So, as I say, very much the outsiders in this context.

Yes, dgs; after offering a couple of other names, I mentioned Keith Hill a couple of pages ago, as follows, with a caveat about his lack of experience at this level.

They've just lost 5 out of the last 6 league games ( that's not counting the F. C. United debacle ), looks like they're returning from whence they came. Forget it.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived