BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Chelsea

Thought there would have already been a topic and match preview started on this but couldn't find one so started this one :)

I think this will be a win for Chelsea can't see us scoring any goals as they don't concede many or any I'll go for 0-3

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An aerial battle between Kalinic and Terry. Hmmm...

I don't even want to predict. I don't get excited for Rovers games like I have done for the last fifteen years. I have a sense of dread actually. And not just when we play the big boys.

Mr Negativity here making a 3-0 Chelsea win prediction, but it wouldn't surprise me if the scoreline was higher. How any Rovers fan can go into any game at the moment and think "Yeah we are definitely going to pick up a point or the win" is beyond me.

Can't see misplaced long balls being a problem to Chelsea as Terry, Ivanovic and the rest will be licking their lips. Essien will think he is playing against a sunday league side in midfield.

I hope i'm wrong but all I see is the best side in the league giving us a thrashing.

I can only hope that they watch some of recent performances and subsequently take their eyes off the ball. It's the only way we have a chance.

Unfortunately I think they will remember last season when we partially derailed their perm challenge and will be looking to do us over.

Prediction: a defeat but not a hammering

It's his birthday!

That's what I am pegging all my hopes on!

Exactly. Also, Chelsea have to drop points somewhere, it might as well be against us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we did manage to beat Chelsea in a cup last year, as well as hold them to a draw in the league. They essentially have the same team as last season, although more confident. It's also a home game.

But honestly, I wouldn't be confident about this at all if it wasn't my birthday, as it is, I can look for reasons why we might win as an awesome birthday present!

I reckon 2-2 on Sat. The players are going to put more effort in than usual as the new owners will be in the stands!!! Hope Im wrong and we spank them............I remember the days we used to spank teams, 7-1 Norwich, 7-2 Sheff Wed etc etc the list goes on.

Archived