BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Chelsea

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a question: have you been happy with the standard of football this season? Its hard to argue that the majority has been absolute crap.

But nice to know we have another member, along with a few others, who feel it is necessary to constantly belittle others for their points of view, especially given the opinions presented are hardly radical and off the mark.

Some people really seem content with dragging the board down the pan, and it seems to be more prominent amongst the 'older' members. Fair enough disagreeing, but your attitude is appalling.

edit: I feel it is right to praise Sam for the change on Saturday, but many saw it fit to change it quite some time ago. The end of last season proved we can play some good stuff, so waiting til we're in a bit of a dogfight at the bottom of the league before mixing it up was a bit frustrating.

Well said that man!

Unfortunately though, this happens on all football message boards. It's like virtual football hooliganism for people who don't like to get really hit.

Just a question: have you been happy with the standard of football this season? Its hard to argue that the majority has been absolute crap.

Jeez, what's the point? I give up. Absolutely nothing to do with the points I have been trying to make.

But nice to know we have another member, along with a few others, who feel it is necessary to constantly belittle others for their points of view, especially given the opinions presented are hardly radical and off the mark.

Belittling?

It pales into insignificance when compared to the continued belittling of Allardyce by people who wont see past their pre-judice.

Belittling?

It pales into insignificance when compared to the continued belittling of Allardyce by people who wont see past their pre-judice.

I hope you aren't including me in this. Prejudice has no bearing on my opinion of our performances this season, or my opinion on the job Big Sam is doing.

I have seen a lot of long ball dross this season, and it isn't prejudice to point it out. I was well behind Sam, especially during the back end of last season, but now I'm more split. Results must improve.

I hope you aren't including me in this. Prejudice has no bearing on my opinion of our performances this season, or my opinion on the job Big Sam is doing.

I have seen a lot of long ball dross this season, and it isn't prejudice to point it out. I was well behind Sam, especially during the back end of last season, but now I'm more split. Results must improve.

No Sambo, I certainly don't mean you. I've seen just as much dross as you. I have seen some good stuff as well though. Saturday's display was the kind of football that Sam has been looking for the team to produce since he's been here, not a performance in spite of Sam. Credit where it's due from me.

No Sambo, I certainly don't mean you. I've seen just as much dross as you. I have seen some good stuff as well though. Saturday's display was the kind of football that Sam has been looking for the team to produce since he's been here, not a performance in spite of Sam. Credit where it's due from me.

So I've heard - sadly, Saturday was the first home game I have missed in a long time, due to being at university - I travel back for most games (home/away).

That is probably why I can't speak in great detail about this match in particularly, however there have been many times I have questioned Sam's approach.

I look forward to more performances in the same mould - then I will be back on the pro Sam side of things, rather than being neutral, with perhaps a little more anti Sam like I am now.

If we're still in the brown stuff in three games questions do need to be asked though - not necessarily an immediate sacking or another crazy, just a timely reminded to Sam the need to improve. He did react fantastically last year - I was on his back like many were, but from Villa away onwards we were largely very good and results were superb.

If we're still in the brown stuff in three games questions do need to be asked though - not necessarily an immediate sacking or another crazy, just a timely reminded to Sam the need to improve. He did react fantastically last year - I was on his back like many were, but from Villa away onwards we were largely very good and results were superb.

Good grief! Why on earth would you think that if we are in the bottom 3 in December that somebody would actually need to tell the manager that things need to improve? :lol:

btw sambo....

Your final sentence illustrates just how fickle you are, and why very few will be taking your opinion seriously. Given that you tell us that you are attending university I think your spat with Den is a perfect illustration of the difference between intelligence and wisdom. ;)

Good grief! Why on earth would you think that if we are in the bottom 3 in December that somebody would actually need to tell the manager that things need to improve? :lol:

btw sambo....

Your final sentence illustrates just how fickle you are, and why very few will be taking your opinion seriously. Given that you tell us that you are attending university I think your spat with Den is a perfect illustration of the difference between intelligence and wisdom. ;)

So its fickle to be happy when we're playing well and results are going our way? :rolleyes:

I am not calling for Sam's head, just making the point its clear things must change. I have faith we can improve, but I don't think I'm out of line to point out how poor things have been this season.

It would be fickle if I was calling Sam 'crap' and saying we need a new man in charge, but I am not. We can't just hope we turn it around like last year.

Could say the same for you (bold bit) - you were the one who hated Paul Ince more than you loved Rovers, hence your decision to spend his tenure on the golf course!

More performances like Saturday and I will be happy - surely that isn't fickle, its just wanting the best for Rovers? :brfc:

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived