BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Chelsea

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old Blackburn - Put up a decent fight maybe scab a result.

Big Sam's Blackburn - Kalinic up front on his own and totally out of his depth. 4-0 Chelski

So last seasons game wasn't classed as putting up a fight then? Did we have 2 up front in that game?

Short memories some people.

I'm hoping for a performance with some guts and 'aggression' that will see us push Chelsea from the first minute.

I'm the past two home games we've faced beatable teams yet we've stood off them and subsequently not taken all the points.

If he's fully fit I'd like to see Dunn supporting Mummy Diouf as I feel Niko has been getting nothing in recent games with long balls that are too high. Mummy has more pace and might link up well with Dunn.

Salgado, Nelsen, Samba and Olsson would be our best backline. No disrespect to Givet but he's not a left back.

How I miss the days of Bully Boy Rovers! We can't expect to win this match, but I'd to see us live up to our reputation and fight them for everything. We don't seem to rough teams up like we used to.

We'll miss Samba, he is our greatest threat from set pieces and our best defender. Phil Jones will have to produce a performance like his debut if we are to even hope of a draw.

If we give the ball away and have similar possession stats like the first have against Liverpool, we will get battered big time.

My heart is saying(hoping!) 0-0, but my head is saying 5-0 Chelsea, possibly worse :-(

We'll miss Samba

Samba's back tomorrow. Served his ban.

Right now I couldn't give a damn about tomorrows match (although I'm on this thread). That will change come nearer to kick off no doubt. We've lost an absolute legend today. The clubs owners, chairmen, managers and players change. You can't replace people like Ronnie. End of an era - in more ways than one.

:brfc:

Right now I couldn't give a damn about tomorrows match (although I'm on this thread). That will change come nearer to kick off no doubt. We've lost an absolute legend today. The clubs owners, chairmen, managers and players change. You can't replace people like Ronnie. End of an era - in more ways than one.

I am too young to remember Ronnie playing for Rovers - but have heard many stories from my father and his friends. I hope that, for once, the national media give us a little more attention. Not because of the take over - or the fact that we are playing the current Champions - but at the sad passing of a true legend - not just for Rovers but for football in general.

End of an era in someways, but Brian Douglas is still with us.

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is looking forward to today’s match and believes Blackburn are far from the rough-and-tumble merchants some will have fans believe.

He said: ‘Tactically, Blackburn are one of the best teams in England.

‘If I was the Blackburn coach I would like to use the same style. They are physical but they are also very good players. I never complain about them — I like the challenge they provide. Sam Allardyce is doing a good job. ’

Link

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is looking forward to today’s match and believes Blackburn are far from the rough-and-tumble merchants some will have fans believe.

He said: ‘Tactically, Blackburn are one of the best teams in England.

‘If I was the Blackburn coach I would like to use the same style. They are physical but they are also very good players. I never complain about them — I like the challenge they provide. Sam Allardyce is doing a good job. ’

Ancelotti has moved up a few notches in my book.

Go Rovers! Prove him right! :rover:

Archived