BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Chelsea

1-1 H/T

Can we take that now and call it quits?

Brilliant start in the first 25 minutes. High pressure up the pitch, we mixed it about and created opportunities. After the goal, we started slacking, back to pinball football and a lack of composure.

I'm not looking forward to the second half...

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent start to first half, Chelsea controlled it really towards to end, I really fear for olsson at left back, I feel Chelsea will isolate him up against drogba, like what happened for their goal not only did he completely miss the ball he took out another of our defenders also

Nelsen should mark Anelka but not go for Drogba

That's exactly it. If he does there is very little chance the Drogba can get the ball across to Anelka. I thought the poor marking at Liverpool was due to the fact that Samba and Nelsen were out, evidently not!

Brilliant performance until they scored and it seems to have really hit us hard. Half time could not have been timed any better. Sam needs to wind them up and send them back out with the same attitude as first half. Brett, both Dioufs and Benjani have been fantastic.

From the BBC-

1551: HALF-TIME Blackburn 1-1 Chelsea

Owen Phillips's HT snap-shot: "Blackburn have more than matched Chelsea on the quality front and should have been two or three up by the time Nicolas Anelka's sumptuous strike levelled matters. Terrific first half."

If we were to take a 1-0 lead to H/T, don't think anyone, even Ancelotti, will complain. But its 1-1, Chelsea's class shown with their goal.

Can't believe Olsson took out Nelsen. Givet MIGHT have got the header if he has been on the field for awhile more.

Spotted Capello, beside John Williams. England callup for Jones soon?

Players starting to realise they might have a fight on to keep their place in the first 11 - with the prospective new owners in the stand and takeover looming?

Sure as hell looks like they have had a kick up the backside - nonetheless.

Archived