BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

it seems most people have missed the back page article were it states "Mrs Desai confirmed that the purchase would be on an equity basis, dismissing claims that the acquisition would be funded by a bank"

Just in case it has been missed by a few people.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems most people have missed the back page article were it states "Mrs Desai confirmed that the purchase would be on an equity basis, dismissing claims that the acquisition would be funded by a bank"

For those of us who are financially illiterate could someone please explain what 'purchased on an equity basis' means?

This proposed takeover worries me as the future of our well established club is at stake.

What concerns me is the motives of the Venky Group ?

They appear to know very little about our club or football in general. What can they hope to gain by the take over other than a publicity stunt. When they have got what they have wanted will we be tossed to one side to the nect highest bidder ?

vey worrying times I fear.

One thing that would worry me a little, is the fact that the owners, when, not if, they do replace the manager, wont have any kind of footballing pedigree to call on. Hope they keep the right people around them for the times when they do need to call on experienced football people.

That’s the point I made a while back but it got misconstrued.

Most of the recent owners in the Premier League have been foreign – the problem is that many of them do not understand football and/or don’t really follow football. Some of them rely on advisers and this can cause instability/problems.

I don't understand why Syed keeps talking big to this board when he should be talking to the Trust. :wacko:

He's obviously trying to win you over John!

I see no harm in Mr Syed talking, he is still around and about but seems he hasn't provided answers to the burning questions that were asked. I get the impression that it is over bar the signed piece of paper now. If Mr Syed is serious then he has probably missed his chance.

Uncle Venky's Blue and White Army!

Aunty Desai's Blue and White Army!

:rover: read with great intrest the interview in the telewag,they want us to be the no1 team in india,yet were not the no1 team with the asians in our own town!!happen we should change our home kit to red as they all support utd or liverpoo.changing the name of the ground is a disgrace,i wonder what JACK WALKER would have thought of that.and lastly i would like to know why my last post dissapeared mods :wacko::brfc:

:rover: read with great intrest the interview in the telewag,they want us to be the no1 team in india,yet were not the no1 team with the asians in our own town!!happen we should change our home kit to red as they all support utd or liverpoo.changing the name of the ground is a disgrace,i wonder what JACK WALKER would have thought of that.and lastly i would like to know why my last post dissapeared mods :wacko::brfc:

I would like to make a play, without being racist, on the word Asians, I was fortunate enough to play Lancashire League cricket with and against Pakistanis, Indians, Sri Lankans, West Indians etc. I neve played with or against anybody from a team named asians, there really is a massive difference in both culture and religion and many Indians I know get quite upset by the asian title. India is a totally different entity, a country who were our allies in the war and part of the British Commonwealth!

Published: Thursday, 28 October 2010

WGA Still In The Running

by Kamy

Ahsan Ali Syed, through his spokesperson, has talked exclusively to BRFCS.com about WGA's proposed bid to purchase Blackburn Rovers.

Mr Ali, who launched his bid to purchase Rovers in July, was initially granted exclusivity, but the deal was not completed and this week Rovers announced that they were close to selling the club to rival bidders Venky's of the VH Group.

Talking exclusively to BRFCS.com, a spokesperson on behalf of Mr Ali said, "We would like the fans to know that we are still very interested in the purchase of Blackburn Rovers. We are committed to the plans that we shared earlier, including the proposed amount of money to be invested."

The spokesperson confirmed that Mr Ali has also been impressed by the fans as he has been inundated with messages of support in recent days: "Mr Ali has been impressed by the commitment of the fans and their great interest in the well-being of the club." With this in mind, WGA have revealed to BRFCS a ground-breaking scheme: "Should the takeover bid be successful, then we are thinking about giving some shares back to the fans, as you the fans should have the right to decide on the future of the club as well."

Just when it looked like the club was about to be sold, is the Blackburn Rovers takeover saga about to take another dramatic twist?

Where are all our finance experts?

Can someone tell me - from Rovers accounts

Was our profit last year £3m for 10th?

Also what do we pay out in debt interest, loan repayments, overdraft etc per year?

Give me the accounts to look at!

My understanding is that we have £16m of debt, but it's almost entirely a revolving line of credit (an overdraft) rather than term debt, so there's no principal repayment. That's just speculation based on what we've been told in parts. We also apparently have a revenue of around £50m annually.

Where are all our finance experts?

Can someone tell me - from Rovers accounts

Was our profit last year £3m for 10th?

Also what do we pay out in debt interest, loan repayments, overdraft etc per year?

I don't thing last years figures are in the public domain as yet for 09/June10.

Published: Thursday, 28 October 2010

WGA Still In The Running

The plot thickens.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but on the WGA website it mentions that they've recently invested $210 in some Aussie hotel chain? They've obviously got the cash, so must be another reason why they fell behind the chicken people?

We arguably have the highest standards of welfare in the world (Britain). I'd like us to see it kept that way.

I like your concern about the ethics but do you shop in supermarkets?

It's such a massive and difficult subject that this particular mb probably isn't the right place for it. :(

I have no problem supporting British and EU animal welfare (although iirc some EU countries still have terrible records) but it's much more difficult across the other side if the world. Cultural influences come into play. I imagine in the future they will become more ethical as the wishes of their customers dictate, but that will take more money and development.

We could keep shouting the Super Troopers quote at the directors box ("CHICKEN F*****S!), maybe they will get the message and fold their business. (because if they don't do it someone else will, a change like this would need Indian government legislation. Not gonna happen)

Nice comments our prospective new owners have come out with today, comments to keep the fans happy – slight contradiction with the ones yesterday though….

Will be interesting to see what they do with ticket prices etc.

Archived