SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me the accounts to look at!

My understanding is that we have £16m of debt, but it's almost entirely a revolving line of credit (an overdraft) rather than term debt, so there's no principal repayment. That's just speculation based on what we've been told in parts. We also apparently have a revenue of around £50m annually.

PM your email addy and il send it through when I get home later.

I just wish the takeover was complete, this thread can be shut and we can get on with the season. Some people just seem to be trying to run down anything that could possibly happen to Blackburn Rovers. Just see what happens.

[not a good route to go down, Mr Syed probably has good lawyers]

The bottom line is that the club went through the process with Syed months ago and did not do a deal....

Then they talk with VH and friends - dating back to August as I recall - and now want to do a deal with them...

Is it not obvious that they have done their homework and far better than anyone else could?

Nicko surely the difference between Syed and VH from the Trust's perspective is the ability to actually pay the purchase price? Unless they're staying on in some stewardship capacity then I don't see how what the buyer does for a living, or how they will run the club, is any of their concern frankly, at least on a professional level. We all like to romanticise the dying wishes of Jack Walker, but I don't see how a multi million pound business could be so hindered in a sale agreement by the mythical clauses that everyone seems to think he put in. John Williams came out and debunked that myth, so I don't see what the point is speculating about it further.

Nicko surely the difference between Syed and VH from the Trust's perspective is the ability to actually pay the purchase price? Unless they're staying on in some stewardship capacity then I don't see how what the buyer does for a living, or how they will run the club, is any of their concern frankly, at least on a professional level. We all like to romanticise the dying wishes of Jack Walker, but I don't see how a multi million pound business could be so hindered in a sale agreement by the mythical clauses that everyone seems to think he put in. John Williams came out and debunked that myth, so I don't see what the point is speculating about it further.

Let's be fair here. The Trustees and or Rothschilds will look into the background of any prospective bidder...that is a given.

And remember that many of the Rovers board who will be seen as 'responsible' for a sale will continute to live in the area.

I know these people will not want to have sold the club to a numbnut.

The Jack's Wishes stuff has always been the kind of stuff grannies tell to the kids at night before bedtime, but the fact of the matter is that we have responsible people here who are careful about who they deal with.

Let's be fair here. The Trustees and or Rothschilds will look into the background of any prospective bidder...that is a given.

And remember that many of the Rovers board who will be seen as 'responsible' for a sale will continute to live in the area.

I know these people will not want to have sold the club to a numbnut.

The Jack's Wishes stuff has always been the kind of stuff grannies tell to the kids at night before bedtime, but the fact of the matter is that we have responsible people here who are careful about who they deal with.

Rothschild will certainly check their finances out, but their ethics? Unlikely.

I agree that it would be a concern for most people to leave a bad legacy behind and tarnish your good name.

However when you weigh that against what is likely the first genuine offer of £30m in three years, split between whomever, then that must be awfully difficult to say no to on a moral basis.

How many here could say no to VH Group if they were to receive a hefty percentage of £30m?

However when you weigh that against what is likely the first genuine offer of £30m in three years, split between whomever, then that must be awfully difficult to say no to on a moral basis.

You are missing the point with that one. Syed's bid was deemed big enough financially wasn't it...and then...fill in the gaps.

Nicko, do you think Rovers could sign any player or does Kentaro connection rule players out of reach?

I don't know what the future holds on that one. The plan Kentaro had at other clubs was to put their best players in and 'showcase' them.

But I can't believe that would stop other players coming in from other agencies or camps.

However, you never knows in football these days.

Anyway, too much football chat. Let's get back to Chicken Rights. ;)

I don't know what the future holds on that one. The plan Kentaro had at other clubs was to put their best players in and 'showcase' them.

But I can't believe that would stop other players coming in from other agencies or camps.

Is that Man City kid on Kentaro's books?

I can't believe that there is so many postings about animal welfare on this site.

Can I make a suggestion? If you don't like the new owners the answer is simple, don't go to Ewood if you think that is a vote to endorse animal cruelty.

I was happily married to a vegetarian (on principle not health reasons) so I am extremely familiar with the issues.

In the meantime I am personally a little more balanced, I am a Rovers supporter first and foremost. I do care how the owners treat their employees and I would prefer that they maintained the highest possible standards of animal welfare. India is not the UK though.

Let's focus on Rovers here.

It will be interesting to see how Kentaro manage the ownership issues, I am sure they are pretty clued up on the legal issues that were raised by Tevez and Mascharano.

So Nicko, do you think the Kentaro players will generally be loanees?

It will be interesting to see how Kentaro manage the ownership issues, I am sure they are pretty clued up on the legal issues that were raised by Tevez and Mascharano.

So Nicko, do you think the Kentaro players will generally be loanees?

Now we're talking...

I don't know their exact plans, but the brochure of their better and 'sellable' players will surely be presented.

The snag here - and one I mentioned before - is that January and a survival battle may mean a shelving of any long-term thinking until next summer.

Bringing bright young things from around the globe in the middle of winter and a relegation fight will not work.

No idea on the loans, buys and third-party stuff. But the way some clubs have bent those lately is beyond belief.

The Premier League ignore it because it is a society of friends and the PFA lackies are the same. I remember when you had to fight to get a work permit about a decade ago, but that mob went soft.

The bottom line is that if an agency brings in good players you would happily deal with the devil.

It's the truth.

Nicko, do you know who players Kentaro represents? A lot of young players obviously and few English internationals has been mentioned. Rio and SWP atleast. Rovers need few good players who are ready to compete in PL.

I would have to pass on that. SWP was just a throw-away mention by me as an example of their client list. The company seems to have many agents working for them, so it would be a large list.

Probably better to stick to those who seem to be coming up on the horizon rather than scatter-gunning.

Archived