BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

Wow, just wow.

If you wish to discuss the ethical treatment of chickens then by all means start up a topic in ICBINF, if you want to discuss the takeover then post here. If your post vanishes it is because it is not relevant to this topic, don't take it personally.

Given the chance I will even move the posts over to a new topic, for those who wish to discuss it further.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the combined Rovers Takeover threads (is this the 3rd?) would provide someone doing a sociology/philosophy degree a very good case to study for a dissertation of the wide range of topics, interaction and general random directions of debate people arrive at when discussing a given subject! :D

Right,can't refrain from getting involved any longer....

Unlike some of the knuckleheads on here(honorable mentions to Balwer,Spansterkid,Sysagent..)I deliberately didn't get involved in all the ridiculous hysteria yesterday.I'm glad I didn't too as some of you came across as neurotic conspiracy-fantasists.

Now that the dust's settled I'd like to say that after the interview in the LT today I'm happy to take our(imminent)new owners at their word and look forward to some much needed forward momentum at our club.

One further point to the knuckleheads..yesterday it was finances(or the alleged lack of),today it's animal welfare.The more I hear from a few posters on here the more cynical I become and start to wonder what their agenda actually is..

Regarding Syed-the more I hear from him the more he begins to sound like a bling-laden chavvy tyre-kicker to use one of Nicko's phrases.

I for one will be glad when this saga comes to an end and we can begin to settle down and get on with the real job of reviving the club.

For those who want to debate the ethics of industrial chicken farming there is a topic already under way Here, there is half an hour of my life I won't get back. Please keep this topic purely to the essentials of the takeover and not the treatment of chickens.

Wow, just wow.

If you wish to discuss the ethical treatment of chickens then by all means start up a topic in ICBINF, if you want to discuss the takeover then post here. If your post vanishes it is because it is not relevant to this topic, don't take it personally.

Given the chance I will even move the posts over to a new topic, for those who wish to discuss it further.

I echo you in your wow, but that's where it ends.

While some clearly did use it as a means to discuss animal cruelty, the fact that our potential owners own a company that is very publicly alleged to be involved in said cruelty is very relevant, as it could impact on the clubs good reputation, no? Those posts were just as much to the takeover discussion as Syeds dodgy past.

I just hope this never rears it's ugly head and bites the club on the backside if nothing else.

I echo you in your wow, but that's where it ends.

While some clearly did use it as a means to discuss animal cruelty, the fact that our potential owners own a company that is very publicly alleged to be involved in said cruelty is very relevant, as it could impact on the clubs good reputation, no? Those posts were just as much to the takeover discussion as Syeds dodgy past.

I just hope this never rears it's ugly head and bites the club on the backside if nothing else.

Nah, mate. According to yeti dog, if you bring it up, you're playing the race card.

Nah, mate. According to yeti dog, if you bring it up, you're playing the race card.

Good on you Bryan,knew I could count on you.

There was no mention of race in my previous post but you do like to stir the pot of long since finished discussion.

You're clearly the kind of guy who likes to let his grudges mature like a good wine.Boring....

Unlike some of the knuckleheads on here(honorable mentions to Balwer,Spansterkid,Sysagent..)I deliberately didn't get involved in all the ridiculous hysteria yesterday.I'm glad I didn't too as some of you came across as neurotic conspiracy-fantasists.

Now that the dust's settled I'd like to say that after the interview in the LT today I'm happy to take our(imminent)new owners at their word and look forward to some much needed forward momentum at our club.

One further point to the knuckleheads..yesterday it was finances(or the alleged lack of),today it's animal welfare.The more I hear from a few posters on here the more cynical I become and start to wonder what their agenda actually is..

Regarding Syed-the more I hear from him the more he begins to sound like a bling-laden chavvy tyre-kicker to use one of Nicko's phrases.

I for one will be glad when this saga comes to an end and we can begin to settle down and get on with the real job of reviving the club.

So what you're saying is that it's alright for people to have an opinion, as long as it's the one you share? Anyone else has an agenda and is a knucklehead? I think it's terrific you have a positive opinion of the takeover and take everything said on face value. I don't see how that prohibits people drawing attention to issues they feel need more clarity, in the case of finances, or the issue of ethics in business, which is a moral dilemma. Unlike you I haven't resorted to name calling and I am certainly not trying to dismiss anyone's opinion. For someone who didn't want to get involved you seem to have done so with much enthusiasm.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I have only ever had an issue with the financial side of things, I haven't offered any opinion on the chicken welfare side of things. Does that mean I still have an agenda?

Perhaps by some disgruntled ex-employees.

The posts in question were removed before yeti dog jumped in, so just who was stirring the pot I wonder?

You remind me of a stalker..the kind of guy who takes affront at the way someone looks at you in a pub and then hangs around 'til closing time so you can fill them in..

So what you're saying is that it's alright for people to have an opinion, as long as it's the one you share? Anyone else has an agenda and is a knucklehead? I think it's terrific you have a positive opinion of the takeover and take everything said on face value. I don't see how that prohibits people drawing attention to issues they feel need more clarity, in the case of finances, or the issue of ethics in business, which is a moral dilemma. Unlike you I haven't resorted to name calling and I am certainly not trying to dismiss anyone's opinion. For someone who didn't want to get involved you seem to have done so with much enthusiasm.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I have only ever had an issue with the financial side of things, I haven't offered any opinion on the chicken welfare side of things. Does that mean I still have an agenda?

It's a valid point Balwer.I retract the knuclehead remark,it was borne of frustration rather than anything personal.

I do think however that you did get over zealous and that the 12.8m figure you bandied about never stacked up for me whether they were self-financing the deal or seeking a loan.It was unthinkable to me that the Trust would have allowed things to progress this far if that had been the case.

The LET article today merely skirted around issues regarding the takeover of our beloved club.Like others have commented the article had a very club bias feel to it with answers that seemed 'stock' at best.I had wished these people to respect the traditons of this age old club.....'renaming of the ground is a distinct possiblity' <_<

What next? change of kit.

WE STILL KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING AS REGARDS THE REAL INTENTIONS OF THESE INDIAN BUSINESS MEN/WOMEN.I FOR ONE REMAIN VERY CONCERNED FOR OUR FUTURE,TO BE OTHERWISE IS PURE FOLLY.

Blackburn Rovers FC..... there but for the grace of God go we.

I agree with you. Let's trust the new owners at their work and judge them on what they DO not what we read in the National Newspapers. I've enjoy reading about our new owners in the LT. Also this is done and dust by next thursday then we can get on with on the pitch matters. Please that the new owners will be at the cheslea game and hopefully presented on the pitch before the Wigan Game!!! Let's give them a chance to prove to us what they can do and get behind them and support them!!! :)

I agree with you. Let's trust the new owners at their work and judge them on what they DO not what we read in the National Newspapers. I've enjoy reading about our new owners in the LT. Also this is done and dust by next thursday then we can get on with on the pitch matters. Please that the new owners will be at the cheslea game and hopefully presented on the pitch before the Wigan Game!!! Let's give them a chance to prove to us what they can do and get behind them and support them!!! :)

Chaddy, I hope you never have to deal with a car or double glazing salesman ......... make sure your shirt is tucked in and I'd suggest braces on your trousers. ;)

It's a valid point Balwer.I retract the knuclehead remark,it was borne of frustration rather than anything personal.

I do think however that you did get over zealous and that the 12.8m figure you bandied about never stacked up for me whether they were self-financing the deal or seeking a loan.It was unthinkable to me that the Trust would have allowed things to progress this far if that had been the case.

Appreciate that. I also believe the money must come from somewhere, because the Trust has to get paid at the end of the day. We will have to agree to disagree on the revenue figures of Venkys but I won't make any further mention of it. My issue was more with the LT's quick reporting and retracting of figures rather than anything VH Group have come out and said. I stand by my skepticism regarding the lack of transparency on where the money is coming from and their ongoing financial viability, and finally I will agree that the heated debate between some members about the chicken treatment got way out of hand and was rightly removed from the thread.

Ah so the syed's dodgy past which had its own topic as it took up far to much of the takeover thread. Whilst I accept it has an impact on our club and the fitness of potential owners the majority of discussion was based around assumption and debate concerning how chickens are treated and at the end of the day that has no bearing on whether or not they takeover the club. When there are 8 pages of which the majority are not even related to the takeover you may as well not bother reading, which is what a lot of users have said to me they are doing.

I will move the topic onto the main messageboard and rename it so people can discuss the ethics of Venky's businesses and leave this free for takeover talk.

Appreciate that. I also believe the money must come from somewhere, because the Trust has to get paid at the end of the day. We will have to agree to disagree on the revenue figures of Venkys but I won't make any further mention of it. My issue was more with the LT's quick reporting and retracting of figures rather than anything VH Group have come out and said. I stand by my skepticism regarding the lack of transparency on where the money is coming from and their ongoing financial viability, and finally I will agree that the heated debate between some members about the chicken treatment got way out of hand and was rightly removed from the thread.

Luckily I missed the worst of the 'Chicken Wars',must have got deleted before I got here.

Archived