BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Discussion

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day its all about how they treat us, now how they look after chickens.

Aslong as they have OUR best interests at heart then who cares...we might even get a few more bums on seats with all these protestors! :lol:

Oh that's nice. Your viewpoint doesn't in any way surprise me.

How about if we were owned by an arms dealer, would that sit OK with you as well, provided they bank-rolled us sufficiently?

We are comparing first world with developing world, you will find they are "behind" on most ethical measures. Like we were in the past

Hindus are normally bang on with animal rights, seeing vegitarianism as the ideal. Not sure how a hindu firm like Venky's squares their treatment of animals with their religion.

I suppose it's still impossible to serve both God and Mammon in India!

How about if we were owned by an arms dealer, would that sit OK with you as well, provided they bank-rolled us sufficiently?

You can't seriously be suggesting thats the same thing?

A few posters on here could do with joining Team People.

I think more people would boycott rovers if they are treating animals the way they do!

Imagine what you'd think if you saw some of things I do to rats???

Anyway flybe shove people in planes like battery chickens and I don't hear anyone complaining.

So Kentaro had a plan to showcase their players with other clubs and are involved with VH, but have now toned down their idea's???

Mmmmmm. Doesn't sound one bit like Mr Andersson.

The rights and wrongs with chicken farming etc has nothing to do with the purchase of the club. Football is hardly the most moral business in the world!

probely not, but the world is not perfect and we will be named in every bad situation with the chicken company.

Some people need to get a grip... How do you think most meat gets to a supermarket? Ever been in an abattoir?

Animals bred, fed, sold, slaughtered then packaged for sale. Welcome to farming.

If people are so disgusted about battery farming (are nicer ways of farming I agree) I assume they don't have leather shoes or handbgs etc... You'd be really unhappy if you saw how they got that.

Mode,I agree with you but at the risk of posting on the wrong thread I'd just like to make this observation.I feel that some of the animal welfare talk is disingenuous.Someone earlier posted that we're probably hotter on animal welfare than they are in India however,20-30 years ago I have no recollection of free-range products stockpiled in our supermarkets.These things evolve over time but just imagine how incensed we'd have been back then if we'd been accused of being barbarians?

Apologies mods..any further chicken posting will go on t'other thread.

Perhaps you are correct about some posters but as someone who just found the material for themselves I was shocked not just at the material, but also how easy it was to find discrediting video footage of Venkys hatchery. It seems Pandoras box was opened a long time ago.

Like I said, perhaps not a problem for most people and it's not something any of us can do about it but it could be a problem if someone wants to use it against the club further down the line.

Perhaps you are correct about some posters but as someone who just found the material for themselves I was shocked not just at the material, but also how easy it was to find discrediting video footage of Venkys hatchery. It seems Pandoras box was opened a long time ago.

Like I said, perhaps not a problem for most people and it's not something any of us can do about it but it could be a problem if someone wants to use it against the club further down the line.

I understand your concern but seriously,if people want climb on that cause they can start much closer to home with Tesco 'value' eggs...

I understand your concern but seriously,if people want climb on that cause they can start much closer to home with Tesco 'value' eggs...

The huge difference of course, is that Blackburn Rovers don't have any affiliation with Tesco supermarkets.

The huge difference of course, is that Blackburn Rovers don't have any affiliation with Tesco supermarkets.

Fair point but I have to say I was never enamoured with our sponsorship tie-in with a betting company having

worked with guys who attended GA and seen first-hand how debilitating that addiction can be. There's a cause for everything if we look close enough.

Archived