BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The ones we missed out on

Ricky

I'm sure we have a few members who can fill in the gaps. I've been wondering how some of our summer targets have settled in and if we've missed any gems.

We were linked to quite a few forwards over the summer, does anyone know how they are getting on:

Here is a list of them off the top of my head:

Beattie

Moa

Boyd

Popov

The other norwegian lad who's name escapes me

The polish fella

Think that's most of them, any idea how they have done at their new clubs

Jelavic was another I should have added to the list. A quick search shows him on 2 league goals, Beattie is yet to score. Doesn't look like we missed out there.

Tin hat on time... But how can the Scottish league be any good when miller has bagged 13 league goals already. Surely a championship striker at best!!

Another player we were linked to was Danny Advic, he's on 19 goals in the Swedish league. No idea what the standard is like but certainly a decent strike rate.

Jelavic was another I should have added to the list. A quick search shows him on 2 league goals, Beattie is yet to score. Doesn't look like we missed out there.

Tin hat on time... But how can the Scottish league be any good when miller has bagged 13 league goals already. Surely a championship striker at best!!

Last time I checked Popov 1 in four think it was.

Lewandowski 2 in 7

Indeed as backed up by Kris Boyd (another you mentioned) the highest goalscorer in the history of the Scottish Premier League and not exactly setting Boro on fire. Suffice to say we didn't miss out on him.

The short answer is it isn't any good. To be fair to Miller though he's having an absolutely fantastic season and seems to be having one of those purple patches where everything he hits goes in. He has stepped up since leading scorer Kris Boyd left (another on your list who I didn't want anywhere near our club, rightly so it would appear).

I don't think Miller would look out of place in any 8th-20th Premier League team. A good comparison would be Steven Fletcher (a fellow Scottish forward) who Wolves paid £6.5m for during the summer and I wouldn't say is any better than Miller.

Bit closer to home, Piqyournose.

Couple of games I watched looked quite sharp and certainly has the pace to cause a few problems with Cole.

Also from the previous window or summer, Senijad Ibricic 4 in 11 from MF, consistent or what,???? is could he do it in the Prem

Last time I checked Popov 1 in four think it was.

Lewandowski 2 in 7

goal scoring records arent spectacular, but its what else theydve offered.. popov couldve played in the 'dunn role' and lewandowski is comfortable at playing the lone striker role.

another we missed out on, when linked is january last year....

kevin prince boateng- went to genoa is on loan at ac milan.. i will report on his progress,

im a massive Rossonera and am going on a trip to milan in a couple of weeks and will take in the palermo game.

goal scoring records arent spectacular, but its what else theydve offered.. popov couldve played in the 'dunn role' and lewandowski is comfortable at playing the lone striker role.

another we missed out on, when linked is january last year....

kevin prince boateng- went to genoa is on loan at ac milan.. i will report on his progress,

im a massive Rossonera and am going on a trip to milan in a couple of weeks and will take in the palermo game.

There not bad as they are both settling in, Lewandowski has been playing slightly wider in a three (my interpretation) and Popov is playing behind the strikers.

Definitely missed the boat IMO.

Another player we were linked to was Danny Advic, he's on 19 goals in the Swedish league. No idea what the standard is like but certainly a decent strike rate.

While scoring 19 goals in our league is good, the Swedish League is nowhere near the level of the Premiership. I think however that Denni Avdic would fit nicely into Blackburn, he has a lot of potential,he is big and strong and he is still very young. I doubt that he will be good enough to make a top4 team. But a midtable team should not be impossible.

We weren't heavily linked with Felipe Caicedo but his name was mentioned a few times as someone we'd like to sign and according to Wiki, he had 3 league games and scored 2 goals.

He's only there on loan...but if he does well like that his value will only soar and his suitors increase.

• 6 months later...

As i mentioned in the transfer thread, Denni Avdic only played two games for Bremen this season due to a combination of injuries and Bremen having a horrible season fighting against relegation and not really having the luxury of grooming him into their team. In retrospect I don't think he would have been much help in our relegation battle either, but still one to watch for in the future.

Nicola Jelavic has done good for Rangers, scoring 16 in 23 as well as being (unrealistically) linked to Manchester Utd for £15 million.

Ivelin Popov is doing OK for obscure Turkish side Gaziantespor, 4 goals in 27 games playing across the midfield. Not sure how he would have worked for Rovers, but maybe better surroundings and opposition would have raised his game? Still, it hardly seems a disaster that we missed out on him.

Ill give an update on the Norwegian we were linked with:

Erik Huseklepp:

Has been playing for a struggling Bari side who have now been relegated. Spoke to his friend who is a colleague of mine and he said that Huseklepp was most likely on his way to FC Cologne in Bundesliga.

Player 13 games since his debut 2nd of february. Found the net twice.

Mohammed << Moa >> Abdelloue

Been very good for Hannover 96 in Bundesliga.

10 goals in 26 mathes.

Archived