BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kentaro

philipl

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sven was turned into burnt toast by Jerome Anderson at Man City so he's hardly likely to want to do business with them again.

He has just joined a club which recently rejected the same sort of Kentaro deal which is now being foisted on us.

If Leicester don't fancy being a feeder club, I don't see why we should be getting so excited by it.

Sven was turned into burnt toast by Jerome Anderson at Man City so he's hardly likely to want to do business with them again.

He has just joined a club which recently rejected the same sort of Kentaro deal which is now being foisted on us.

If Leicester don't fancy being a feeder club, I don't see why we should be getting so excited by it.

From this post philip do I take it that you don't feel that the Trust are making the right decision? I suspect that you may not be alone in that feeling. However, without us knowing the details of what the Trust have seen from Syed, Shah and VH, how can we be sure that the first two were offering anything better than VH? Clearly the Trust don't think that they are or they wouldn't be opting for the VH/Kentaro set up.

As for being a feeder club. I can remember the likes of Fred Pickering, Mike England, Keith Newton etc all being sold in the sixties. In the 50 years I've supported the club we've always been a feeder club. The likes of Hird, Bailey, Barker, Duff, Dunn etc were all developed at the club before being sold for huge profits. Even with Jack at the helm we were ultimately unable to hang on to Shearer when he was at his peak. In that respect I'm not too concerned if we get the opportunity to see some exciting young talent brought into the club - obviously with the manager's final approval - and it being developed before being sold for profit. To pretend that we could keep our best players is not realistic. When United couldn't keep Ronaldo from Real Madrid I'm not too sure how we could be expected to keep our better players from clubs with more financial power. Every player has a price but the important thing is to get the young talent at the club in the first place. Clearly guidelines would have to be laid out to ensure that the manager is in control of who comes to the club and at the moment we don't know if there are such guidelines or not.

Until full details of the new set up are announced it is impossible to say if it will be a good or a bad thing. Clearly the Trust think it will be OK and at the moment that is all we have to go on - the rest is just speculation.

Interesting that nobody is counter arguing my points that there are massive conflicts of interest over all aspects of the playing staff.

Nobody is counter arguing that Rovers will not be seeing the financial benefit of all this.

Nobody is listening to you anymore. Your agenda is boring, even more so now it's clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Shilitoe you never did anyway so what's new?

There are still no substantive arguments denying that a football agent's agenda is most frequently completely the opposite of a club's agenda.

It is one thing to have to sell players from time to time because they want to leave or the books need balancing, it is a totally different matter when player movements are at the dictat of an agent sitting in the bard room and raking fees for his own benefit, not that of the club.

It, it is a totally different matter when player movements are at the dictat of an agent sitting in the bard room and raking fees for his own benefit, not that of the club.

Been happening for years so I don't know why you are making an issue of this now.

Players control football and agents control the players. How do you think Rooney engineered his massive pay rise at United last week ? Paul Stretford was a very happy man.

Paul Stretford clearly extracted a massive price from Man U.

But he wasn't contracted to the Glazers to tell them to pay Rooney that enormous sum and then having a monopoly on the players Man U sign in future and deciding when they leave, helping himself to the transfer fee as they go.

Whilst you are answering that Phillip could you please supply a link or some quotes that demonstrate that Jerome Anderson has some involvement in Kentaro's proposed role at Rovers post potential take over?

I cant monitor the board as much as I would like so this is a genuine request, not having a pop.

Whilst you are answering that Phillip could you please supply a link or some quotes that demonstrate that Jerome Anderson has some involvement in Kentaro's proposed role at Rovers post potential take over?

I cant monitor the board as much as I would like so this is a genuine request, not having a pop.

Jerome Anderson was sat beside the Venky boys during the game on Saturday whispering sweet nothings in Balaji's ear.

Hang on, when i voiced my concerns about Kentaro being part of the deal, posters were jumping down my throat. Let me remind you again, we do not need youngsters brought in, only for them to be taken away when a bigger club comes calling.

We need some senior players, with a bit of experience especially a goal scorer and creative midfielder. Thats all, we already have youngsters who are making an impression, and who want to play for Blackburn Rovers, and who have come through the ROVERS academy. Why are we selling ourselves out like this, when the current management have given an opportunity to local youngsters from Rovers own production line? Venkys on its own im okay with, Venkys with Kentaro im not happy with. If people deem us a feeder club, then thats okay, because we have no other option. However, if we are bought by Venkys, then why do we have to be a feeder club?

Why cant we go out there, spend a little money and ###### compete and win a trophy and get into Europe? Thats ambition, that should be our aim, we shouldnt allow this crap about feeding other clubs, to strengthen them, and weaken us. Absolute rubbish, if we are happy with being nothing more than a feeder club, then (Please don't use that word again) the takeover and let John Williams run the club.

Enough of this ###### about being a small team, who are just naking up the numbers. For years now, we have been limited with regards to finances, for years we have had to shop in the bargain basement, but for years we have competed and shocked many with our performances. Give the manager, whoever it may be some money, get rid of a few crap and buy some decent players who will take the club up a level. Once again we are settling for mediocrity, when we could be in a position to achieve some success.

I won't claim to know what's going on behind the scenes but I'm surprised by the blind optimism shown by some here. Just like in life, you should always consider worst case scenarios.

The best scenario would be Kentaro be there as an advisory group, helping us develop our scouting networks and maybe some marketing work in developing countries. In time, we develop to become a champions league team and grow to be the most popular club in India with revenues rivaling Manure! (We can all dream :D )

The worst scenario would be Rovers ending up with the West Ham, Tevez and Mascharano situation where the club pays the wages but have no control or benefits over transfers. Players come and go as and when it suits Kentaro and over time the entire team is make up of "lessees" and the only asset owned is the KFC Ewood Park (or whatever they want to call it).

I won't claim to know what's going on behind the scenes but I'm surprised by the blind optimism shown by some here. Just like in life, you should always consider worst case scenarios.

The best scenario would be Kentaro be there as an advisory group, helping us develop our scouting networks and maybe some marketing work in developing countries. In time, we develop to become a champions league team and grow to be the most popular club in India with revenues rivaling Manure! (We can all dream :D )

The worst scenario would be Rovers ending up with the West Ham, Tevez and Mascharano situation where the club pays the wages but have no control or benefits over transfers. Players come and go as and when it suits Kentaro and over time the entire team is make up of "lessees" and the only asset owned is the KFC Ewood Park (or whatever they want to call it).

I know nothing as well Rovers SG, but I'd want to know the motives behind Kentaro. I reckon these guys are in it for the fast buck, nothing more.

Shilitoe you never did anyway so what's new?

There are still no substantive arguments denying that a football agent's agenda is most frequently completely the opposite of a club's agenda.

It is one thing to have to sell players from time to time because they want to leave or the books need balancing, it is a totally different matter when player movements are at the dictat of an agent sitting in the bard room and raking fees for his own benefit, not that of the club.

I have never claimed to have inside knowledge, just opinions. You on the other hand...

You have ZERO idea on what the agencies role will be within the structure of this takeover. However, the trustees and the board obviously do, and are happy with the involvement.

Why on earth would anyone give one about what hypothetical scenarios you throw out, especially in light of some of the nonsense you've posted recently? If John Williams, the rest of the board and the trust are happy with any takeover, so am I. We will go down eventually under the current regime, so the worst case scenario hasn't got any worse, it's just the best case that has got better.

You really need to stop thinking so highly of your opinion, because like the rest of us, it's worth naff all.

Oh, and stop pretending you know stuff we don't.

I've spoken to a few people in corporate banking and asked them what could possibly be meant by Venky's saying the purchase would be funded on an 'equity basis' as contrasted with a 'leverage deal'.

The general consensus seems to be that this still means that monies (or more likely, a proportion of them) are being sourced from outside of the VH group, but that those funds would be converted to shares in Rovers (or the company that is set up to own Rovers) rather than the money being owed by Rovers (or the new company) to whoever it is putting up the money.

So the questions are now becoming, who is putting in this money, how much are they putting in, how much influence will they have and who the hell is it?

Kentaro anyone?

I know nothing as well Rovers SG, but I'd want to know the motives behind Kentaro. I reckon these guys are in it for the fast buck, nothing more.

I'd agree with this, at every stage I've wanted to know the motivations of the individual bidders. The big difficulty is such people treat the support as stupid (i.e lacking intelligence) and irrelevant to the club's future. I'm beginning to feel the only new owner who will be worth having is the first one to stop issuing platitudes to the support. Tell the truth, stick to it and it might work a whole lot better.

Sadly I think the reality is a very grim future. The club is clearly virtually unsaleable to any group who could be deemed "acceptable" and we are going to be landed with owners who see Blackburn Rovers and the Premier League as nothing more than a cash cow. I can't help but feel the club and the trust have made a complete mess of the whole thing. The complete failure to keep the support informed over the most important change at Ewood since Jack arrived speaks volumes. I realise we do business in private but think the board or the trust have a duty to keep the fans involved. Not a daily bulletin but perhaps a monthly business-like update.

We may as well ring Del Boy and Rodney. I've lost all faith and interest in the takeover and I feel this is primarily because the club have failed to inform the support of the objectives in the process and we have been treated to a succession of second-rate chancers telling us how "the fans are important etc."

Anyone remember the Clint Eastwood line "Don't p!ss on my back and tell me it's raining" That's how I feel about this whole grubby business.

I'd agree with this, at every stage I've wanted to know the motivations of the individual bidders. The big difficulty is such people treat the support as stupid (i.e lacking intelligence) and irrelevant to the club's future. I'm beginning to feel the only new owner who will be worth having is the first one to stop issuing platitudes to the support. Tell the truth, stick to it and it might work a whole lot better.

Sadly I think the reality is a very grim future. The club is clearly virtually unsaleable to any group who could be deemed "acceptable" and we are going to be landed with owners who see Blackburn Rovers and the Premier League as nothing more than a cash cow. I can't help but feel the club and the trust have made a complete mess of the whole thing. The complete failure to keep the support informed over the most important change at Ewood since Jack arrived speaks volumes. I realise we do business in private but think the board or the trust have a duty to keep the fans involved. Not a daily bulletin but perhaps a monthly business-like update.

We may as well ring Del Boy and Rodney. I've lost all faith and interest in the takeover and I feel this is primarily because the club have failed to inform the support of the objectives in the process and we have been treated to a succession of second-rate chancers telling us how "the fans are important etc."

Anyone remember the Clint Eastwood line "Don't p!ss on my back and tell me it's raining" That's how I feel about this whole grubby business.

There is no Abramovich for Rovers, there is no Bahraini royalty for us, the one and only Jack Walker was exactly that and the only organisation with local/BRFC links that has the wherewithal to back us wont and would rather spend their money on some piddling, mediocre airline.

We are in a new era where clubs have owners not custodians drawn from the local business community. Owners, like managers will come and go. Like players and managers some will be good, some will be bad. I take comfort from knowing that despite that Rovers will still be around long after I've gone.

Rovers have been sensible enough to adapt to this new era and have taken a huge amount of time and deliberation to decide who the next owners should be. They are dealing with the hand that they have been dealt. You can do the same, stop bellyaching and do something that I and others would love to do but cant and get along to support the club.

Alternatively, if it makes you as unhappy and depressed as many of your posts suggest, you could jack it in and leave to those who want to be involved in our club's future no matter how uncertain that may be.

DGS, I'm sure that if you knew Paul (and I don't, save for the past 10-15 years on here) that you wouldn't have posted that.

From the time that I've known him, he's shown that he's as passionate as anyone on this site about the Rovers.

I've got to admit that I have some misgivings about the Venkys and Kentaro. Like I said in an earlier post, we know nothing of their motives. Of Kentaro, we know that they have tried before and failed, (alarm bells ringing); what do we know of them, their intentions, and how long they are likely to be around. Afterall, it is not they that are buying the Rovers. If they walk......

If you can't be open, then don't be in the game.

Honesty is by far the best indication of intention.

DGS, I'm sure that if you knew Paul (and I don't, save for the past 10-15 years on here) that you wouldn't have posted that.

From the time that I've known him, he's shown that he's as passionate as anyone on this site about the Rovers.

I've got to admit that I have some misgivings about the Venkys and Kentaro. Like I said in an earlier post, we know nothing of their motives. Of Kentaro, we know that they have tried before and failed, (alarm bells ringing); what do we know of them, their intentions, and how long they are likely to be around. Afterall, it is not they that are buying the Rovers. If they walk......

If you can't be open, then don't be in the game.

Honesty is by far the best indication of intention.

Excellent post Dave. I fully agree with what you say about Paul, although I have never met him either, I get a very strong feeling of understanding and sympathy for his views. I also know from his many, many posts on here that he and his family are true Rovers supporters in the fullest sense of the word, having had multiple season tickets for years. However just recently he seems to have got very much down on the way football in general (not just Rovers) has deteriorated.

He is not alone in this way of thinking either. I have been increasingly frustrated by the way football in general has gone ever since the first inception of PL football was thrust upon us both in Scotland and England. I first went on record with several posts way back in 2004, in which I gave vent to all my anger and misgivings on the way big money had completely taken over the game we all love, and how we are now being "used" quite simply as fools who pay for all the various extravagant and senseless costs that are now just part and parcel of the PL football scene.

Back then I was apparently the only one who thought this way judging by the complete abscence of any supporting posts, and the barrage of abusive ones. But (surprise, surprise) just recently (last couple of seasons or so) there have been first a trickle, but more recently quite a few that have posted their feelings that we the supporters are being simply ripped-off by the players and the PL setup in general. It is nothing more than a huge money making scam tthat is not in the best interests of either clubs or supporters, and the quicker it implodes and disappears the better it will be for all of us.

Rant over.

Archived