BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes 2010 / 2011

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual cameo performances from the England batsmen. Pietersen, Cook and Bell all got out when well set and should have gone on to make big scores. England 150 + short of a reasonably good score.

You can't criticize Bell, he batted superbly. He was left with the tail - the innings were going to be over soon anyway. Pietersen and Cook at least got starts - that's just how Pietersen plays. Swann, Prior and Strauss are the real culprits here.

Stayed up till around 1.30am thinking not too bad, bar Strauss not getting runs. Woke up just after the tea break, 190 odd for 4-could have been worse I though. then watched the hat trick.

Early night tonight I think.

NFL Thanksgiving games methinks.

You can't criticize Bell, he batted superbly. He was left with the tail - the innings were going to be over soon anyway. Pietersen and Cook at least got starts - that's just how Pietersen plays. Swann, Prior and Strauss are the real culprits here.

There are always going to be players who make low scores. Bell did well but my point is England's batsmen have a habit of getting out when they have done the difficult part, got their eye in and have a nice 50 on the board. Not enough of them go on to make big hundreds like players of their calibre should. When I was playing if I got past 50 more often than not I went on to get the 100.

Stayed up till about 3am this morning and England were around 100-2 and looked to be going okay. Turned on later in the morining after sleep to find England 260 all out! Thankfully England have a strong and varied bowling attacking now shall be interesting to see the response.

There are always going to be players who make low scores. Bell did well but my point is England's batsmen have a habit of getting out when they have done the difficult part, got their eye in and have a nice 50 on the board. Not enough of them go on to make big hundreds like players of their calibre should. When I was playing if I got past 50 more often than not I went on to get the 100.

Bell would have had great difficulty going on to make a big hundred as he was batting with Swann and Anderson, therefore needed to put his foot down and try to get some quick runs. He did that but it increases the chances of you getting out and he went. Cook, Trott and KP are more to blame as they had the starts and then got out when under no pressure to force the runs through.

Then again you take a look at the aussies scorecard and they have the same with Katich and Watson getting starts and then out.

Ah well. When fate gives these two numpties 15 lives they're always going to pile on. Luck still plays a huge part in sport it seems.

some great bowling, some bad luck, some fantastic batting, a couple of dropped catches.

If they're numpties, ER, I'll take them every time. How can you criticize Hussey and Haddin for taking their opportunity?

Luck does play a part but England are in trouble now because their first-inings score was 150 below par as I said earlier through poor batting. Good to see Steve Finn picking up six wickets, if he stays clear of injury he has a great career ahead of him - one of the best actions I have seen in a bowler for a long time.

Went to bed after the first 10 ten overs as it was obvious the cricketing gods favour the Aussies for this test- talk about luck!. I still insist that Englands attack is superior to Australia, it just that they had lots of luck whilst bowling and we have had none.

Yes Haddin/Hussey batted well, but if you have three of four lives each you would expect international class batsmen to make a big score.

More depressed about this match than the last Brisbane test- when England were rank bad.

Archived