BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

RIML

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but it was a cross. Not that it matters.

Ped used to put in free kicks like that all the time. If no-one gets a touch it flies in and there is pace on the ball that can leave the GK in no mans land. I hope he starts whipping them in like this all the time.

Yes Pedersen is guilty of some poor deliveries but he does also produce some good crosses or through balls and I will continue to fight his cause because he is trying to play the hardest ball in football - the killer ball, He doesn't just float crosses in he tries to whip the ball in with pace - surely what all strikers relish.

Now put that against Emerton :- deliveries and through balls are not even attempted, no he just passes the buck, a bit like John Barnes used to during his England career which promised so much but he became fearful of making mistakes, so he er, did nothing, or rather took the easy option and laid the ball back to his fullback. Emerton does this every single time - he runs a bit with it and then bottles it and makes someone else attempt something creative.

So yes I would rather MGPs delivery be better but at least he is attempting to create stuff for the team, whilst our timid little Aussie just asks someone to take the risk and guess what, the mb posse love the big guddly soft arse.

No mistakes mean the fella never tried owt, and the team will create nowt - but don't let that stop the experts on here.

Pedersen does get an unwarranted amount of stick though, even if he plays just OK and the rest of the team are crap he's usually the first to be criticised on here.

I've said it before but his new contract is being justifed far more than Dunn's new one.

His appearance is his problem

It's trendy hair do's and pretty boy features that appear to bring down mass hatred onto a player at Ewood. Just the same with Tim Sherwood. Top top player and like MGP rarely injured and captain of our Prem winning team to boot who got continual dogs abuse from sections of the Ewood 'faithful'.

I'm sure a psychologist would have aa field day explaining such illogical behaviour by blaming child abuse by the local priest or mums letting the landlord screw her for the rent whilst Dad would stand quietly in the back yard till it was over, or bottle over breast fed babies etc etc.

He was awful against Chelsea when the rest of the team weren't, and has been consistently dire for the last 5 or 6 games. Unacceptably so when you consider he's one of, if not the, highest paid (whoops - nearly said 'earning' ;) ) players at the club.

Completely irrelevent statement. He doesn't sign the wage cheques you know.

Whatever the reason fact is without his superb freekick we wouldn't have won

He had a crap game for sure. His touch was awful and I've really and truthfully no idea why he was named in the team of the Week. But he scored, he delivered a fantasic flat swinging cross across the 6 yard line that no one got close too but which went begging and his header brought out the save of the game from Wigan's keeper. If those last 2 things had come off we'd be whinging if he wasn't in team of the week.

He had a crap game for sure. His touch was awful and I've really and truthfully no idea why he was named in the team of the Week. But he scored, he delivered a fantasic flat swinging cross across the 6 yard line that no one got close too but which went begging and his header brought out the save of the game from Wigan's keeper. If those last 2 things had come off we'd be whinging if he wasn't in team of the week.

He's the best header of a ball in the team, he's brilliant at that. He's also the best crosser of a ball in the team, although you wouldn't think so if you read the comments on here regularly.

He's the best header of a ball in the team, he's brilliant at that. He's also the best crosser of a ball in the team, although you wouldn't think so if you read the comments on here regularly.

Shearer was the same. Great header of a ball and the best crosser of a ball in the club. For all the talk of how good he was I always thought personally that he was absolutely crap at getting on the end of his own crosses. ^_^

Shearer was the same. Great header of a ball and the best crosser of a ball in the club. For all the talk of how good he was I always thought personally that he was absolutely crap at getting on the end of his own crosses.

Shearer was the best right winger in the club Gord. Said that at the time.

That says a lot about our crossing options at this moment in time. Pedersen hasn't been able to deliver decent crosses on a consistent basis for some time. This was one of the main reasons he was moved into a central position as he couldn't perform on the wing.

Problem now is he doesn’t have the pace or creativity to play as an effective AMC or box-to-box nor does he have the combative qualities to play as defensive or holding midfielder.

I actually think him playing that central midfield role is detrimental to the team as evidenced with our lacklustre performances this season largely due to a rubbish central midfield. Wigan were able to walk through our midfield, luckily they did not have the final ball to punish us.

I believe we should put him back on the left wing; nothing I have seen has convinced me he is a central midfielder, attacking or defensive. If he cannot produce decent crosses on a consistent basis then drop him from the side until he does.

I actually think him playing that central midfield role is detrimental to the team as evidenced with our lacklustre performances this season largely due to a rubbish central midfield. Wigan were able to walk through our midfield, luckily they did not have the final ball to punish us.

I believe we should put him back on the left wing; nothing I have seen has convinced me he is a central midfielder, attacking or defensive. If he cannot produce decent crosses on a consistent basis then drop him from the side until he does.

I'd imagine that was SA's every intention until the board hid the cheque book and everybody's favourite glassback, who can do no wrong whatsoever, returned to dividing his work days between the treatment room and the chippy.

Shearer was the best right winger in the club Gord. Said that at the time.

Could that deserve a 'whoooosh'? :)

How many times did he play right wing?

I can't remember any

He was, without doubt, the best crosser of the ball at the club. He lost the pace which destroyed defences down the flanks when he got a bad injury shortly after his move to Newcastle. He had to become a different player after that, which is why his play down the channels is often forgotten.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived