BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

RIML

Yeah, 2-0 seems about right to me and into mid-table obscurity, with our noses duly bleeding. 1 goal in each half. Benjani and one of the defenders grabbing the other.

Hopefully the players react positively to the pressure of being expected to win. I expect them to step up and oblige us.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see 442 for this one. Think there is a decent chance of that because Dunn and Pedersen are not offering much. Not sure who would take the set pieces though. Nice to get look at Goulon too as a sub.

------------------Kalinic-----Benjani

Olsson-------Jones------Emerton-----EH Diouf

---Givet-----Nelsen----Samba----Salgado

-----------------------Robinson

The only change id make is M Diouf for Kalinic, seems pretty good to me.

Sam has a record for pulling it out the bag in these 6 pointer must win games and I think anybody involved in the club realizes this is an absolutely must win.

So I am going to back us for a comfortable 2-0 win. 1-0 at half time with a bit of Wigan pressure early second half without them making to many chances then a goal at the end to seal the victory.

Agreed. I think we'll pull it off, but less of a polished performance than the Chelsea game.

Failure to win, and serious questions will be asked of the manager.

I want to see 442 for this one. Think there is a decent chance of that because Dunn and Pedersen are not offering much.

Not a chance for me. Wigan play 4-5-1 and like to knock it around, if we're outnumbered in the middle of midfield we might not see much of the ball.

..................... Robinson

Salgado .. Nelsen .. Samba .. Olsson

............. Emerton .... Jones

.. M. Diouf ....... Dunn ........ E. Diouf

..................... Benjani

We had one up front on Saturday against the Champions with Little Diouf on the right and it worked brilliantly. We created more chances in that game than we have for ages. Why don't we just keep things as they are?

Got to agree 47er. If we reproduce anything like that performance we'll roll over most of the teams in the league.

Three pre-requisites then 1) Sam picks the same team 2) The players give it the same application 3) The crowd shout them home (oh and I'll take Wigan having a bad day and Capello siting in the directors box).

With all of the above in place 3 - 0 :rover: Simples.

Not a chance for me. Wigan play 4-5-1 and like to knock it around, if we're outnumbered in the middle of midfield we might not see much of the ball.

..................... Robinson

Salgado .. Nelsen .. Samba .. Olsson

............. Emerton .... Jones

.. M. Diouf ....... Dunn ........ E. Diouf

..................... Benjani

Agreed.

If we had enough to test (and score against) Chelsea, this line-up should do for Wigan. Dunn's looked pretty ropey of late, but I'll take him over Pedersen. I just hope we aren't in another position at half-time where we don't know whether to stick or twist... It's become our undoing.

Not gonna use the phrase 'must win'

Completely agree, I hate it when the phrase is used out of context.

Nothing dreadful happens if we don't win. We need to be doing everything we can to win the game because it's important at this stage of the season, but nowhere near a 'must win'.

If we were in this position with 2 games to go then fair enough.

• Backroom

In the context of our season I'd say it is a must win.

We wont have many easier home games this season and if we fail to maximise in these type of games when we are in the bottom 3 we will go down.

It wouldn't have been a must win if we had taken maximum points from Sunderland or Fulham but if we fail to win then 3 points from 9 against Fulha, Sunderland and Wigan is unacceptable IMO

we have to win this one and hope we can win the newcastle game. I would like to see us play the same way we did against Cheslea. Play 4-3-3 and play dunn instead of pedersen, apart from that the same team. Think Givet is out and Olsson to replace him. Rovers have to play at a high tempo and press the ball higher up the pitch like we did against Cheslea. I'm confident that we will beat Wigan ad Newcastle.

• Backroom

I suppose rather than 'must'win', a better term would be 'must-aim-to-win', because a draw in this one simply isn't good enough. We can't sit back and hit them on the counter, we need to stamp our authority on the game early doors and press Wigan back.

Archived