BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

There's nothing wrong with that Maj, that kind of unity can make or break a team and if Hughton has that kind of respect in the dressing room then fair play to him.

I think he's doing a great job there btw and it's well deserved - seems an unassuming kind of chap and as Sunday's game showed, quite tactically adept.

I never said there was, just pondering how big an influence the recent contract stories might have had on their sudden up turn in form.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realised that Newcastle are 4th in the table in terms of goals. In fact they scored more than Man City.

As such, I don't think we can't stop them from scoring and since i can't see us scoring 2 goals for the 2nd game in a row, the scoreline for me will be 1-0 to the barcodes or a 1-1 at best.

I think this is one hard game for Rovers at the moment. Newcastle are full of confidence at the moment. There manager has got that team together. Having beaten Sunderland in the way they did - even though sunderland were garbage that day - then Arsenal away - they will be confident. I hate to say it but I would be surprised if Rovers get anything from this game. but another factor with this game, is Sam. This is one game he will really want to win, because of the way he was treated by the club. If Rovers can play as well as they did against Chelsea, then there is a chance. But I hope to be extremely wrong and Rovers stuff em.

My team for newcastle is:-

Robinson; Saldago, Samba, Nelsen, Givet; Emerton, Dunn, Jones, Pedersen, M.Diouf; Roberts.

Subs:- Bunn, Chimbonda, Olsson, E.Diouf, Goulan, Kalinic, Hoilett.

I think we will win 1 nil. Samba Header.

I wish i was going to this game becuase the last time I went we win with a last minute winner from Matt Derbyshire. Also the newcastle ground is very good and the atmosphere was excellent. Such a shame that it's on a Wednesday and not a Saturday.

My team for newcastle is:-

Robinson; Saldago, Samba, Nelsen, Givet; Emerton, Dunn, Jones, Pedersen, M.Diouf; Roberts.

Subs:- Bunn, Chimbonda, Olsson, E.Diouf, Goulan, Kalinic, Hoilett.

I think we will win 1 nil. Samba Header.

I wish i was going to this game becuase the last time I went we win with a last minute winner from Matt Derbyshire. Also the newcastle ground is very good and the atmosphere was excellent. Such a shame that it's on a Wednesday and not a Saturday.

Why i the world would you drop EH Diouf, our best attacking player?!

Why i the world would you drop EH Diouf, our best attacking player?!

Big sam said that he's got abit of a groin problem and wasn't at his outstanding best on Saturday. So I will have to look at that situation to make sure EHD is okay.

Big Sam said that at his Press Conference today. I agree that that EHD is our best attacking player and outstanding this season. Just think that we shouldn't risk him IF he's not 100 fit, and save him for Saturday game.

Big Sam comments on website

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2213354,00.html

Shame he's looked our best striker when he has been fit, worth 10x more than Dunny so far this season

It will be interesting to see how it works out.

I agree Benjani has looked better than Kalinic when he has replaced him but I wasn't as impressed with actual shots he put in during the Chelsea match.

He quite clearly has injury problems-and I personally wouldn't want to give him a new contract based on his current physical shape.

Dunn has quite clearly been a huge disappointment this season, but I did wonder if at the end of the Wigan game he looked sharper than at any other time this season, which I appreciate isn't saying much. I also think Allardyce has been commenting on Dunn looking fitter.

Swallows and Springs? We'll see.

• Backroom

Yep Benjani's first shot against Chelsea was pants but then he had a half decent effort from outside the box, neither of which I imagine Kalinic would have created himself, same with his miss against Sunderland.

In a cup game or something I would love to see Benjani with Hoilett playing off him

No problems at all for tomorrow *cough*

Have a look at our away record at SJP

2008-2009

A won 2-1

H won 3-0

2007-2008

H won 3-1

A won 1-0

2006-2007

H lost 3-1

A won 2-0

2005-2006

H lost 3-0

A won 1-0

2004-2005

A lost 3-0

H Draw 2-2

2003-2004

A Won 1-0

H draw 0-0

Ignore the previous season when we lost 5-1

Some hope for this game. As others have pointed out---------they had huge luck against Arsenal, we have a great record at St James and 4 wins in a row is a fair achievement hopefully beyond them. Sense tells me we'll lose, heart says unedifying draw.

2008-2009

A won 2-1

H won 3-0

2007-2008

H won 3-1

A won 1-0

2006-2007

H lost 3-1

A won 2-0

2005-2006

H lost 3-0

A won 1-0

2004-2005

A lost 3-0

H Draw 2-2

2003-2004

A Won 1-0

H draw 0-0

2008-2009

A won 2-1

H won 3-0

2007-2008

H won 3-1

A won 1-0

2006-2007

H lost 3-1

A won 2-0

2005-2006

H lost 3-0

A won 1-0

2004-2005

A lost 3-0

H Draw 2-2

2003-2004

A Won 1-0

H draw 0-0

in 2003-04 we drew 1-1 at home not 0-0 Bellamy scored for them and stead equilised late on for us.

Archived