BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle v Rovers

jodrell

Most people would agree that Mame Diouf and Roberts didn't particuarly have brilliant games against Wigan so in some ways it makes perfect sense the replace them. Diouf-Mk1 is obviously not fully fit so that's why he doesn't start. Interesting the seemingly frozen out Hoilett, Kalinic and Chimbonda return though.

3-5-2 would be interesting as a way to try and combat Newcastle's front two but we could also easily play 4-5-1 with our usual back four and central midfield with Niko up top on his own with Chimbonda and Hoilett operating wide.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three centre halves (5-3-2) according to Radio Lancs.

Prepare for fireworks on this thread...

It makes perfect sense against 4-4-2 when you think about it Samba and Givet can match up man-to-man on Carrol and Ameobi whilst we'll still have a spare centreback to cover. (Nelsen was superb in this role for NZ at the world cup). Whilst we also have two upfront although I'm guessing Hoilett may operate just behind Kalinic if they both play central.

Wow, bizarre lineup!

Um, could even be:-

---------------------Robinson

---------Nelsen----Samba-----Givet

Salgado------------------------------Chimbonda

-------------Emerton--------Jones

----------------------Pedersen

-------------Kalinic----------Hoilett

Although that's probably too attacking. I would say Exiled Rover's lineup is correct, perhaps with Chimbonda and Salgado swapped round.

That was my first guess, although I think Hoilett will deeper than Kalinic.

Pederson free kick, defender messing around getting it out, Pederson's momentum carried him forward took ball of him and drove it low across goal with right foot.

From the BBC Chat:

Blackburn goal: Terrible from Cheik Tiote in the Newcastle area, the midfielder getting caught unnecessarily on the ball allowing Morten Gamst Pedersen to take a touch and slam low into the far corner.

Archived