BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quick Poll: Venky's Takeover. Yes or No

Glenn

390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of the trust selling the club to Venky's ?

• Yes. It's the best thing for the club
    • No. I don't believe it's in the club's best interests
    • Undecided.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the face of it, Yes. At the moment, we're swimming against the tide, with owners who refuse to give us a penny and can't wait to wash their hands of us. Change is an inevitable part of life, and if we're to have a fighting chance in this league we need new investment. If Venky's have done enough to convince the powers that be, then all we can do is hope for the best.

Not voted yet. We need the takeover but I am not convinced that it is the right bid.

Same feelings as you Al. Voted no, but there is still the option of deleting my vote and changing it - as and when required. That way, the vote can continually reflect the feelings of the moment.

I voted undecided as none of us know what the details of the deal is and what benefit (if any) it will bring to the club. Frankly, even if we did know details, we won't know for anything certain until some time has passed (probably 5 years) and we can really only judge then. Part of me says definitely yes as the Trust want to sell and are not going to put any more money in longterm but another bigger part says how can we possibly know?

Voted Yes..

Simple Reasons..

Yes we would all love a takeover where someone is willing to put money in and get nothing back. But we have been for sale for three years now and it hasn't happened and to be honest there's little to no chance of that happening.

So the reality is that we have to look to see if we are better off with venkys than the trust.

Currently with the trust...

No funding..

20 mill plus debt..

Forced to sell big players to manage debt

With Venkys

Atleast 5 mill to spend in January

Debt cleared hence no future interest charges to pay

Chance to receive extra funding with New supporters in India and better sponsors

Even if we receive an extra 5 million a year from New Indian support and sponsors, plus approx 2mill saved in loan repayments, that should be enough to balance the books.

That would mean even if we do sell our big players we can spend it all on transfers.

In the last 3 years we sold our stars to the tune of around £35m and in return we spent about £10m..imagine how much the extra £25m could have helped us?!

Think some people are neglecting the possibility that if the Trust didn't sell then they would be obliged to re-examine how they fund the club.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but apparently they have more money than Venky's, it's not as if they're on their uppers with the club having taken their last brass farthing.

I would rather the club stays in British hands with an organisation that has some actual ties to the club. Rather than a foreign speculator who thinks he knows a way to pimp the club and fill his coffers.

Let's be realistic here mate..The trust does not want us..They have waited 3 years and showed no sign whatsoever in re-evaluating nor re-investing. If push comes to shove they will sell us to anyone possible and in the mean time do whatever it takes to avoid putting money in.

They didn't give us a penny this transfer window knowing that it could mean we will be relegated. That was over 2 years after putting us up for sale..Did they care???no.

So how about some of you guys stop living in dreamland that all of a sudden the trust will do a U-turn and become great owners who want to see us prosper.

Let's talk facts..

Fact the trust does not want us..

Fact the trust did not invest this summer

Fact we have a debt

Fact even though we sell players for good money we rarely see much of the money for transfers

Fact the trust keeps telling us we'll have money to spend, but it doesn't happen.

Fact Venkys will wipe our debt

Fact Venkys have said clearly we will have atleast 5m to spend

Fact Venkys will try harder than the trust to secure better sponsors

Fact Venkys have created an interest for brfc in India

Fact as opposed to the trust venkys want us

Venkys at the moment dont seem the best outcome we could have hoped for. But its better than what we have at the moment.

Edit- Mods, reading the above comments i think you should add the option "I dont want any non-british person to takeover"..So then we know who is looking at credentials and who is looking at "nationality".

• Backroom

Voted yes.

It's mostly a case of 'trusting the Trust'. If they'd wanted to just toss us to whatever chancer came along and suggested he had the cash to buy us then we'd probably be in the hands of Ali Syed or even Dan Williams by now. The fact is that the Trust have been a difficult obstacle for potential suitors to overcome in the past and I haven't seen any evidence to suggest their stance has changed. If Venky's have been declared acceptable owners by the Trust then they must be fairly legitimate.

Venky's had some poor opening PR, but I've been impressed with the general reputation of and comments from Anuradha Desai. She seems like a determined businesswomen who likes seeing all aspects of her business succeed. I doubt she will let her brothers change this.

The only thing that really concerns me about their bid is Kentaro's involvement. Nationality does not concern me - it's not like Risdale or "Big" Mike Ashley have been fantastic British owners, is it? - but Venky's involvement with Kentaro is something that could change the very structure of the club and how we are run. Saying that, it would seem better to have agents on our side than against us. I don't see why Venky's or Kentaro would want to drive our club into the ground in order to line their own pockets - it would damage the reputation of both immeasurably and be an extremely short-sighted move. Comparisons to their time at City seem irrelevant as the money-structure in this situation is very different.

The re-naming of Ewood would be difficult to take, but, it'd always be known as Ewood Park to the real fans anyway, regardless of what the suits tried to 'officially' name it.

The stories about the Trust looking at 'alternative financing' were never substantiated and I doubt we'll ever get much more off them. To survive we need to sell, and though it's a risk I think Venky's are the best of the suitors we've had and if they can prove their credentials to the Trust I am willing to go with their judgement on this one.

Besides of which, there's really nothing we as fans can or should be able do anyway. If the Trust want to sell to Venky's, they sell to Venky's, and that is that.

Oh, also worth adding that having our debts cleared is a huge positive. Under Venky's we should at the very least survive should we be relegated, whereas JW has stated that relegation under the current regime would likely spell the end for Rovers.

Let's be realistic here mate..The trust does not want us..They have waited 3 years and showed no sign whatsoever in re-evaluating nor re-investing. If push comes to shove they will sell us to anyone possible and in the mean time do whatever it takes to avoid putting money in.

They didn't give us a penny this transfer window knowing that it could mean we will be relegated. That was over 2 years after putting us up for sale..Did they care???no.

So how about some of you guys stop living in dreamland that all of a sudden the trust will do a U-turn and become great owners who want to see us prosper.

Let's talk facts..

Fact the trust does not want us..

Fact the trust did not invest this summer

Fact we have a debt

Fact even though we sell players for good money we rarely see much of the money for transfers

Fact the trust keeps telling us we'll have money to spend, but it doesn't happen.

Fact Venkys will wipe our debt

Fact Venkys have said clearly we will have atleast 5m to spend

Fact Venkys will try harder than the trust to secure better sponsors

Fact Venkys have created an interest for brfc in India

Fact as opposed to the trust venkys want us

Venkys at the moment dont seem the best outcome we could have hoped for. But its better than what we have at the moment.

Edit- Mods, reading the above comments i think you should add the option "I dont want any non-british person to takeover"..So then we know who is looking at credentials and who is looking at "nationality".

Great points of fact ....... except Venky's are not buying us ........ fact is, even the potential new owners have stated publicly that it is a personal investment.

With over 100 votes cast, the yes vote stands at about 45%.

Putting this in context, Paul Ince was polling at around about the same %age positive when he was appointed.

I think this supports my point that the first week's communication efforts could have been better.

What is the realistic alternative to Venky's?

If I thought the Walker family would have a change of heart and help us to remain competitive (or even enjoy making us successful) rather than seemingly being satisfied with our slow death, I would say no.

But in the absence of a blue-and-white knight, and Syed's promises apparently not convincing anyone (who matters), I'm not sure we can afford to wait. So it's a yes from me - but with fingers firmly crossed. :unsure:

Voted undecided.

We need some new players, but until a clearer picture of things becomes transparent I'm not prepared to say yes or no.

I'd like Venky's to clarify a few points:

1.) JW and Sam's positions

2.) Who from Venky's will run the club

3.) Kentaro's role

4.) Their vision for us and where they intend to invest/cutback.

We should stay within the Empire and Queen Victoria should be our patron! Indians knew their place then eh?

On a serious note no we don't have all the facts but the people who have to make the decision (or more likely have already made it) do possess all the facts. So I'll trust them to make the correct decision as i have all along.

In any case there is no alternative. Its quite possible that the Walkers seem to be about as rich as the VH lot but whats the relevance of that if they refuse to fund the club with it?

Move on or go down is the simple choice we face.

I've been pro being sold for 3 years as I believe uninterested owners is a recipe for inevitable decline. However, I've voted undecided as there is just not enough information to say this is the best thing for the club. I think it's almost certainly better than the status quo, but 'best' implies I can compare to other alternatives.

The communication all round has been awful. But then, we've had 2 statements from the current owners in the last 10 years, so we should be used to being left in the dark.

Archived