BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quick Poll: Venky's Takeover. Yes or No

Glenn

390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of the trust selling the club to Venky's ?

• Yes. It's the best thing for the club
    • No. I don't believe it's in the club's best interests
    • Undecided.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it currently stands I have voted undecided as I just don't know enough about them yet or their plans to vote yes or no. If it came down to changing my position to yes or no i would say I am more leaning to yes than no. The club cannot long term continue under the current owners and their plans, we badly need investment to keep our head above the water.

For those that are undecided ......... how can you adopt a "wait and see approach"? Its not like you can turn the clock back if things don't turn out for the best! People have to make their minds up NOW based on the available information NOW. And for those saying that the fans have no influence on the takeover I respectfully suggest you are talking shhhh1ttte. NO one will want to takeover a club where the vast majority of fans are against them - if you have doubts you MUST show them NOW. There is also probably just one opportunity for protest about this on saturday - if venky twins see protests/banners at the match it may make them re-think this venture. If we sit meekly "waiting to see what happens" then we only have ourselves to blame.

ask united fans how much good protesting against the Glazers did and continues to do them. Has it made one jot of difference? Of course it hasn't, nor will it at Rovers. This is a business decision being made by 2 groups of business people and, whatever Rovers means to us, that's what it will remain to them. The Trust members may try to do their best to ensure that fans are not ignored but there's not really a lot they can do. The person buying the guy's girlfriend's horse presumably gave the impression of being the kind of home she'd choose for it, but there are no guarantees they weren't going to ill-treat it as soon as her back was turned. There are no guarantees that this sale will all go swimmingly and nothing anyone can do to make certain it does, that the fans are happy, the players management and other workers are. All the current owners can do is look for what seems to be a decent deal, sell and let the new owners get on with it. And protesting outside Ewood against owners we know so little about, on the basis that they might harm our club seems a highly pointless exercise to me.

ask united fans how much good protesting against the Glazers did and continues to do them. Has it made one jot of difference? Of course it hasn't, nor will it at Rovers. This is a business decision being made by 2 groups of business people and, whatever Rovers means to us, that's what it will remain to them. The Trust members may try to do their best to ensure that fans are not ignored but there's not really a lot they can do. The person buying the guy's girlfriend's horse presumably gave the impression of being the kind of home she'd choose for it, but there are no guarantees they weren't going to ill-treat it as soon as her back was turned. There are no guarantees that this sale will all go swimmingly and nothing anyone can do to make certain it does, that the fans are happy, the players management and other workers are. All the current owners can do is look for what seems to be a decent deal, sell and let the new owners get on with it. And protesting outside Ewood against owners we know so little about, on the basis that they might harm our club seems a highly pointless exercise to me.

Exactly.

:rover: i voted no,its a disgrace the owners of our great club are going to be foriegn :blush::brfc:

Our line-up from last weekend:

English

Spanish - Congolese - New Zealander - French

Senegalese - Australian - English - Norwegian - Senegalese

Zimbabwean

Welcome to, what is commonly referred to as, the 21st century.

We could all abstain from buying KFC's??? :tu:

I've always felt fans get a rough ride in football, the heart and soul of a club but no say period.

Abstain from buying KFC? What a huge sacrifice! :!:

Rovers fans have been treated like mugs for a long time but far better now than they used to be. Remember queuing in the snow and dark for hours outside Ewood for tickets that weren't there!

However, previously, new owners have come into other clubs with grand plans and they never materialised - who's to say it won't be the case with us?

I like the Venky's approach because they haven't come in with grand plans like Syed. What they have said their approach will be is realistic considering circumstances.

:rover: i voted no,its a disgrace the owners of our great club are going to be foriegn :blush::brfc:

Serious question...What do you see as a disgrace? The fact its a foreign owner? Or because you feel they didnt satisfy jacks wishes?

Im open to it, aslong as the trust are happy as I honestly believe they will have done all the necessary homework on them & they should be capable of taking us forward if they get the go-ahead.

I voted for a cautious yes. The trust would starve us, so they are not an option, so we have to get new owners. Syed and Shah were not deemed up to standard for whatever reason, but the VH Group are. Unless some billionaire like Abramovich appears from nowhere, the VH group will take over. I am fairly confident that they will do a good job, and are not a bunch of cowboys.

I thought you stopped going to Rovers, our great club, because of who the manager is. If that is still the case, then why are you voting at all. It makes no difference to you as you do not go anymore. Maybe you have stopped supporting this great club.

These people are willing to spend £46 mill plus on Rovers - but your not prepared to pay for a ticket. I cannot get to as many games as I want due to the travel distance. But if I lived in Rishton I would be happy, if I had to, to walk to ewood park.

A genuine football supporter supports their club through thick and thin, no matter who the manager is, the owners or what league they are playing in.

Archived