BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quick Poll: Venky's Takeover. Yes or No

Glenn

390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of the trust selling the club to Venky's ?

• Yes. It's the best thing for the club
    • No. I don't believe it's in the club's best interests
    • Undecided.

• Backroom

I voted no to the VH group taking over, and after reading the latest revelation from them (they are starting a club over in India after buying us) I'm glad I did!! (not that voting here makes any difference to the outcome whatsoever) but would the time/effort/money in starting a new club in India not be better used getting us back on track FIRST??

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me this poll, with 312 votes quite a good sample, just proves the wide variety of opinion on the whole issue and why we need the new owners to make clear a statement of their intentions. Currently one could argue, the "yes" vote has the lead with 47% in favour, or one could say 55% do not support the takeover (No + undecided), or 78% basically d support the deal (yes + undecided).

Clearly the new owners need to get everyone on board and that will only come from a clear statement of intent followed up by actions to match.

It seems to me this poll, with 312 votes quite a good sample, just proves the wide variety of opinion on the whole issue and why we need the new owners to make clear a statement of their intentions. Currently one could argue, the "yes" vote has the lead with 47% in favour, or one could say 55% do not support the takeover (No + undecided), or 78% basically d support the deal (yes + undecided).

Clearly the new owners need to get everyone on board and that will only come from a clear statement of intent followed up by actions to match.

Apparently they are going to lay out their plans when the deal is sealed. I will be interesting to see how the vote moves after that. Hopefully the mods might start a fresh poll then?

I knew that, I'm not that thick!

Tempting, tempting. ;)

Apparently they are going to lay out their plans when the deal is sealed. I will be interesting to see how the vote moves after that. Hopefully the mods might start a fresh poll then?

I hope they do say a thing or two, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say. I do hope they can improve their PR and create a positive impression from day 1.

I hope they do say a thing or two, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say. I do hope they can improve their PR and create a positive impression from day 1.

I guess that their plans to launch a football club in India are somehow part of the big idea. Don't know how though - Indians don't play football very much. Ricky Heppolette?

I thought you stopped going to Rovers, our great club, because of who the manager is. If that is still the case, then why are you voting at all. It makes no difference to you as you do not go anymore. Maybe you have stopped supporting this great club.

These people are willing to spend £46 mill plus on Rovers - but your not prepared to pay for a ticket. I cannot get to as many games as I want due to the travel distance. But if I lived in Rishton I would be happy, if I had to, to walk to ewood park.

A genuine football supporter supports their club through thick and thin, no matter who the manager is, the owners or what league they are playing in.

What a true staement to make. God knows we have to put up with some right crap with Allardyce in charge but he's kept us up with little or no transfer budget. Going forward with these people it has to be a good thing as the Walker trust does not want the club anymore. We can expect changes, if not straight away then in the second half of the season. We have to stand by the club, new owners are alway a leap in the dark. I cannot believe that a company that appears to be quite successful will buy Rovers in order to fail.

:rover: have any of you who have voted yes,thought about how much your season tickets will be next year,have you thought were rovers will trian after brockhall is sold :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Have you thought how much a pint will be next season?, have you thought where you will drink if someone decides to redevelop your match day retreat?. :rolleyes:

:rover: have any of you who have voted yes,thought about how much your season tickets will be next year,have you thought were rovers will trian after brockhall is sold :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

And voting no would make precisely what difference to that. If season tickets are too expensive then I won't buy one. If i can afford one I will. I won't be amused if they go up beyond what I can reasonably afford, but my vote here on a messageboard makes no difference whatsoever, to the cost of season tickets.

And voting no would make precisely what difference to that. If season tickets are too expensive then I won't buy one. If i can afford one I will. I won't be amused if they go up beyond what I can reasonably afford, but my vote here on a messageboard makes no difference whatsoever, to the cost of season tickets.

If VH are buying Rovers for the publicity it will bring them, raising ticket prices and seeing a half empty Ewood Park will do nothing for their image. Therefore I would think it unlikely to see a big rise.

But, who bloody knows anything any more!

If VH are buying Rovers for the publicity it will bring them, raising ticket prices and seeing a half empty Ewood Park will do nothing for their image. Therefore I would think it unlikely to see a big rise.

But, who bloody knows anything any more!

I agree - it won't be in their own best interests to do anything too dramatic if the whole thing is about raising their profile and coming across as decent folk to do business with at the same time. My point was purely that it's daft to think that a poll on here will affect any decisions they make anyway.

• Backroom

I agree - it won't be in their own best interests to do anything too dramatic if the whole thing is about raising their profile and coming across as decent folk to do business with at the same time. My point was purely that it's daft to think that a poll on here will affect any decisions they make anyway.

Exactly my point in an earlier post Gumboots :)

I voted 'No' as I would much prefer Syed to VH.. the conflicting quotes coming from VH scare the living bejabers out of me :P BUT I will support the Club and the Team regardless who owns them.

Nope and I dont care.... I will go regardless of the price & who our manager is, unlike yourself!

Nope and I dont care.... I will go regardless of the price & who our manager is, unlike yourself!

The one problem with that is, some will not be able to afford season tickets if they rise too high. We have been spoilt for the last few years by having very cheap tickets and I'd have no problems with a rise to bring us into line with other similar clubs, but there would be a price beyond which I could not afford to go, and I suspect that for many others the barrier would be somewhere below mine. So ticket costs would be an issue, if there were to be a huge hike. However, suggesting there would be at this stage is jumping the gun somewhat.

The one problem with that is, some will not be able to afford season tickets if they rise too high. We have been spoilt for the last few years by having very cheap tickets and I'd have no problems with a rise to bring us into line with other similar clubs, but there would be a price beyond which I could not afford to go, and I suspect that for many others the barrier would be somewhere below mine. So ticket costs would be an issue, if there were to be a huge hike. However, suggesting there would be at this stage is jumping the gun somewhat.

A Wolves HALF season ticket costs more than our full one... makes you think!

Er!

Non players of the green please!

You cannot seem to understand, the Trustees do not want the club anymore. Therefore, like it or not,we have no say, Rovers will one day be sold.

Venky's or any other new owner, it will make no difference. They would have the choice as to put up the tickets or not.

But as they are the lowest in the prem, it would not surprise me if they went up. Even if the trust had a change of heart and kept hold of the club, I cannot see them letting the tickets continue as low as they are now.

But as you have told us you do not go anymore - you make up reasons and excuses for not going, the trust, Sam, football style and now the possiblity of new owners and maybe raising of ticket prices. So it will cost you nowt !!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my point in an earlier post Gumboots :)

I voted 'No' as I would much prefer Syed to VH.. the conflicting quotes coming from VH scare the living bejabers out of me :P BUT I will support the Club and the Team regardless who owns them.

First valid defence of a No vote I've seen.

Signed - a non-englishman.

I understand Venky's have noticed this poll.

They must have noticed that only 372 could be bothered voting as well.

Not very many considering we have about 17,000 season ticket holders.

Most rovers fans I know are fairly level headed about this and are just waiting to see what happens.

Archived