BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quick Poll: Venky's Takeover. Yes or No

Glenn

390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of the trust selling the club to Venky's ?

• Yes. It's the best thing for the club
    • No. I don't believe it's in the club's best interests
    • Undecided.

On a statistical sampling basis, unless there are reasons to believe the people posting/voting on here are skewed in some way, 374 votes are going to give an accurate prediction of 20,000 to a very high degree of confidence.

I agree with that. If all 17,000 season ticket holders were members of this forum it might be different but obviously they are not. That makes Rovers_Rob's observations invalid.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a statistical sampling basis, unless there are reasons to believe the people posting/voting on here are skewed in some way, 374 votes are going to give an accurate prediction of 20,000 to a very high degree of confidence.

Whilst 370-odd might be a reasonable sample size for a population of 20000 (or 17000) in order to give meaningful results, is a sample of 370-odd people voting on an internet messageboard representative of all ST holders? I'd suggest not, and I'd wager market research companies would agree. Without getting all statistical about this, is (for instance) the age profile of the 370-odd representative of the 20000?

I'd also be curious to find the % of the regular users of the board who have voted. There are 3 options in the poll, yes, no, undecided.... leaves out the 4th of "could care less" that would be the difference before the 370 number, and the amount of people who regularly login and read...

likely a tough number to put your hands on though...

agreed- it is a question of skew.

That said I'd be astonished if the figure for the total population Yes vote is outside 44% + or - 10%

Somewhat skewed figures from you too Philip...you should be a politician!

You focus only on the yes vote and subtly undermining it,but if we apply your same logic to the No vote that would make it potentially as low as 14%.

• 8 months later...

Archived