BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs Blackburn Rovers

Was quite happy reading peoples reports about Bale / Salgado but now we are on to him again.

This MB is dire these days.

Me too.

I try not to post so much these days as too often I have bitten the bait and added to the bickering. I couldn't let that one go I'm afraid.

Sorry.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too.

I try not to post so much these days

In my not so humble opinion you post far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far

far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far

far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far

far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far too much.................

Maybe Olsson as well when he's fit as he has pace and a good cross in him.

Pretty disappointed with Pedersen's performance last night. Maybe Sam can put him at left back instead of Givet instead, at least he can still contribute to the throw-ins and free-kicks!

Agree with you there. I think Olsson has a good cross on him. From what i seen this season, he delivers them in at pace and about the right height.

An attacking midfield of Olsson on the left, Hoilet on the right and Diouf in the middle with Dunn as a sub would do fine for me. That should give us pace on the flanks and Diouf should be able to retain possession in the middle. Best of all, it means we won't have to see Pedersen again!

They are brimming with quality, especially compared to us.

All very fair points you made in your remarks. With the day or so to reflect on the game I see a lot more validity in your remarks. I think it's hard for me to give Spuds credit for anything, I'm so used to their false hype, but to say they aren't a top side is a bit daft on my part.

Thank you for a thought out and intelligent response as well.

All very fair points you made in your remarks. With the day or so to reflect on the game I see a lot more validity in your remarks. I think it's hard for me to give Spuds credit for anything, I'm so used to their false hype, but to say they aren't a top side is a bit daft on my part.

Thank you for a thought out and intelligent response as well.

Thanks for a polite response yourself! As I said before, I quite agree about Spurs having had a lot of false hype in the past. Used to really grate me...I remember when we finished one place below them, and something like 2 points behind, and people still had this attitude that we were far worse than them. Our players at the time were cracking players, most would admit now, but very underrated at the time compared to Spurs, who we were on a level with then. The gulf now, sadly, is huge.

I said awhile ago that E. Diouf should play 'in the hole'. He has the best composure going forward and doesn't have the legs to skip past defenders out wide. If we play Hoilett on the wing and Olsson/Mame Diouf on the other flank, that leaves two of Emerton, Jones and Pedersen in the middle. Emerton has played well lately, and Jones is a starter, so, surprise surprise, I'd drop Mr. Pedersen. But he's Sam's star-man so that won't happen. Decisions, decisions...

Was always going to be a tough game, obviously poor defending cost us but Tottenham were on song in certain times and were nice to watch from a footballing point of view.

Not letting this get me down after a good win at Newcastle but hopefully the lads recover for Villa this weekend.

---

A very sour note for me was the clubs communication with Tottenham. I had a ticket sent down on the coach for a friend but after going to 3 separate ticket offices as directed by BRFC on the phone on Friday and the matchday stewards we were informed that there was no ticket there under my name (despite having paid for it).

BRFC have passed the buck onto Spurs and I'm not sure what my likelyhood of getting a credit/return is now which was a big shame...

What time did you go for the ticket? Trying to remember what time the coach arrived - it was quite early though. To be honest, I found the stewards at Spurs pretty useless and they take lack of efficiency to a whole new level. There were about ten of them at the main gate, and between them they managed to make a complete shambles of the car park. Inside the ground they spent most of the match in a huddle gossiping, and whose clever idea was it to sell spare tickets to a spurs supporter and his young son, right in the middle of Blackburn disabled supporters. Not that there were any problems, but he didn't want to swop seats which meant that we weren't able to talk to our fellow Rovers supporters as we then had spurs supporters either side.

emerton -

The tickets would have been dropped off well before that. Wonder if Spurs had given somebody else the ticket by mistake. IF the ticket office are adamant they sent it it would have been in the envelope with the rest of them, I would assume in a separate envelope with your name on it. I'd give the ticket office another ring and ask to speak to Christine. Have you any proof of purchase? - Actually that should be on your database account if you ordered and paid for it. If you don't get any joy I'd ring John Williams' PA and ask her if there's anything she can do.

emerton -

The tickets would have been dropped off well before that. Wonder if Spurs had given somebody else the ticket by mistake. IF the ticket office are adamant they sent it it would have been in the envelope with the rest of them, I would assume in a separate envelope with your name on it. I'd give the ticket office another ring and ask to speak to Christine. Have you any proof of purchase? - Actually that should be on your database account if you ordered and paid for it. If you don't get any joy I'd ring John Williams' PA and ask her if there's anything she can do.

The lady on the rovers ticket hotline was adamant that 30 tickets were sent down on the coach and I was the sole complainer and that spurs would be at fault as they can't really control it beyond the delivery.

Its in Spurs hands at the moment as I have lodged an enquiry with them - if the ticket is left over they should have it there and can admit fault (probably not in their best interests though) . Otherwise I'll get on to John's PA and see what they can do - funnily enough my friend is coming up this weekend from London. A cheeky ticket in the Darwen would be a suitable trade in my opinion if it all turns bottoms up.

• 3 years later...

Archived