• Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Olsson and EHD are fit for this. Team I would go for:-

------------------------------Roberts

----EH Diouf----Pedersen----Jones-------Hoilett

Olsson-------------------------------------------------Emerton

----------------Givet-------Nelsen-----Samba

----------------------------Robinson

Samba and Emerton to combine on Bale. Olsson told to lap over regularly, Hoilett to look to isolate Eketto. If Olsson is not fit I suppose we would need to go for Chimbonda but I really think the Swede would be lethal in this formation.

I want that one! Agree with what you say completely.

Prior to last night I would have been a bit more wary, but our rotund gaffer has shown us the light. J Rob and Hoilett have earned the right to get a start. Bit of a rest for Salgado (3 games in a week) too.

Think we may slip to a narrow defeat at the weekend (2-1 maybe), but hoping to be proved wrong.

Its a bit cramped on our right side. Is this to nullify bale?

Samba and Emerton to combine on Bale. Olsson told to lap over regularly, Hoilett to look to isolate Eketto. If Olsson is not fit I suppose we would need to go for Chimbonda but I really think the Swede would be lethal in this formation.

Rovers have only won ONE game in London since winning at Spurs in 2007, over three years ago. But our starting elevent that Sunday at WHL was rather good, and I cannot see anything good to come out of this game on Saturday.

We lined up

Friedel

Emerton, Ooijer, Samba, Warnock

Bentley, Tugay, Savage, Dunn

McCarthy, Santa Cruz

Rovers have only won ONE game in London since winning at Spurs in 2007, over three years ago. But our starting elevent that Sunday at WHL was rather good, and I cannot see anything good to come out of this game on Saturday.

We lined up

Friedel

Emerton, Ooijer, Samba, Warnock

Bentley, Tugay, Savage, Dunn

McCarthy, Santa Cruz

Christ. That really was a superb team.

Robinson

Samba - Nelsen - Givet

Emerton - - - Jones - - - Olsson

E. Diouf - Pedersen - Hoilett

Roberts

I think this will be the line up apart from Roberts up front. He will go with Kalinic again and introduce Roberts in the 2nd half, pretty much like last night. I agree emerton as wing back so he can try and nullify Bale.

I hope someone remembers that Van der man is on the park while all this doubling up is going on. :(

That will be Jones' job I think. Or the defenders if they only go with one up top like against Sunderland.

Robinson

Samba - Nelsen - Givet

Emerton - - - Jones - - - Olsson

E. Diouf - Pedersen - Hoilett

Roberts

I've seen lots of people put Jones in this deeper role, but to be honest he was getting forward as much as Pedersen was against Newcastle. Sam seems to have given him the licence to break forward and use his excellent pace. Not a strict holding player like Grella or Nzonzi at all.

Christ. That really was a superb team.

Very good team compared to what we have now but it did have it's weaknesses. Savage and Toog's were old and while still good not the same quality as previously, Cruz and McCarthy never really looked like working that well together (both were always looking to drop deep), and Dunn was not fit for most of the time, leaving us with Pedersen as the left sided player. Unfortunately Peds had a poor season.

That said Rovers finished the game in 5th, had an outstanding start to the season, and I came away thinking we had a decent crack at the CL. After Spurs we had a rank bad November and Dec and started to fall away. We did finish sixth which is a great result but we were about 16 points off Liverpool in 4th.

A great 'what could have been' is if Hughes had been backed to get Diarra. Stick him in that midfield alongside either Savage or Tugay and maybe it would have been enough to keep our form going.

This week we have seen the good (2-1 win at barcodeland), the bad (2-1 win versus wigon) and I predict we might just see the ugly at WHL.

I wonder what the odds are for another 2-1 win for Rovers ?

I dont see Rovers winning on paper but we can but dream for a 9 point haul in 7 days.

Many people have written that we are bound to lose as Spurs are on a bad run and we like ending other team's runs.

Well, we have brought Newcastle's run to an end-which I thought would have to happen if we really expect to bring Spurs' run to an end-and now we have done that.

Spurs to win then!!

im sure i read somewhere aaron lennon isnt fit to play - might be wrong tho

this is a really tough game - no doubt if we do lose this game people will be calling sam allardyce again - seeing as its stopped since winning newcastle

salgado against gareth bale :/ just yikes - last season bale ripped salgado apart

Archived