BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bale needs space in front of him. Close that space down and does he have the same impact?

Doesn't closing down create the space Bale wants? Sunderland dropped very deep and meant it to incredibly precise through balls to exploit what little space there was in behind.

Actually I've got a feeling Bale won't play today. He looked jaded against Sunderland and has played in a lot of games recently. I think Krancjar might start out there.

I've never understood how Rovers are considered as lowly and unglamorous.

We're an established Premier League team with excellent facilities and the best kit in the league. It's not like we're Blackpool or something.

I know what mean, but I assume it means a] unattractive to players who want to win things, and b] that Blackburn itself isn't really an attractive place (although as the players live where Man Utd/City players do, I think this is a redundant point).

Rovers: Robinson, Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda, Emerton, Jones, Pedersen, Hoilett, Kalinic

As a side note, Holloway has made 11 changes to his Blackpool team according to BBC. Makes for an interesting MOTD!

Spuds: Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart, Jenas, Modric, Bale, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.

Subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Bentley, Kranjcar, Palacios, Sandro.

Considering how many injuries they have, that's a strong side.

I feel sorry for Jason Roberts. He's worked hard and scored two valuable goals for us in the last couple of games yet he's on the bench again. Maybe Big Sam is seeing him as an impact player like he did last week? I'd personally think his strength and aggression would cause more problems than Kalinic against the likes of Gallas and Kaboul.

I feel sorry for Jason Roberts. He's worked hard and scored two valuable goals for us in the last couple of games yet he's on the bench again. Maybe Big Sam is seeing him as an impact player like he did last week? I'd personally think his strength and aggression would cause more problems than Kalinic against the likes of Gallas and Kaboul.

I think you're right there, plus it'll ruffle his feathers and might spur him on again. I'd personally have gone with Roberts, in case Kalinic has no joy and it's game over. Spurs could easily put us out of sight with the quality they have, so we have to take every chance we get (a weird argument FOR Roberts, but hey!)

Spuds: Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart, Jenas, Modric, Bale, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.

Subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Bentley, Kranjcar, Palacios, Sandro.

I honestly can't believe that selection, it looks perfect for our new formation!

Two big men (a la Newcastle) and no natural right winger, meaning Chimbonda should be able to get forward with freedom again (one of our best tactics against the Geordies).

Jones could bully that midfield two as well. I'm getting optimistic about this one!

If only Chimbonda had a left foot on him.

Yeah, I always thought he had a decent left foot, but he seemed so reluctant to use it against Newcastle so I must be wrong.

I'd look to put our attacks down that side though. Van Der Vaart won't defend very well and Hutton is a bit ropey in defence sometimes.

I'm still of the opinion that this is part of Sam's plan. A fit, strong Kalinic runs the legs off the defense, then is replaced by the monster Roberts who pounds his way through.

And Sam's first half record is excellent, and he's taken the squad to a respectable mid-table, so I'll rely on Sam's judgment. :tu:

injury hit spurs, and it still costs way more than most premiership teams.

Niko needs to step up soon, Roberts will be even more pee'd off that he is once again benched

This is our chance to get some point(s) out of WHL. I'm feeling confident.

And a pee'd off Roberts is a benefit to us. Long may Sam enrage him. :P

To be honest its a fair view. Look back at his performances for Rovers and his contribution in terms of goals, I would bet most have come when he has come off the bench against tired legs.

Archived