BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] LOST FOR WORDS.

Utter tosh the celtic supporters groups statement- typical bigoted rhetoric, what about the innocent civilians killed by IRA bombs and the innocent victims of suicide bombers in Iraq, and the need to protect our citizens in the Falklands?

Brutally occupied the streets of Belfast??? I am sorry but if the IRA, PIRA etc were such a brave bunch why did they not stand up and fight directly with the troops that were brutally patrolling their streets instead of bombing innocent people out to buy a shirt from Top Man in Warrington!!!!!!!

The easiest way to have solved the whole NI problem would have been to Nuke the place - would have been over in seconds.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter tosh the celtic supporters groups statement- typical bigoted rhetoric, what about the innocent civilians killed by IRA bombs and the innocent victims of suicide bombers in Iraq, and the need to protect our citizens in the Falklands?

Brutally occupied the streets of Belfast??? I am sorry but if the IRA, PIRA etc were such a brave bunch why did they not stand up and fight directly with the troops that were brutally patrolling their streets instead of bombing innocent people out to buy a shirt from Top Man in Warrington!!!!!!!

The easiest way to have solved the whole NI problem would have been to Nuke the place - would have been over in seconds.

Shouldn't you be under your rock?

A very inflammatory way of putting it.

To make 2 pretty obvious points about how the situation is different in Ireland compared to the Roman/Anglo-Saxon/Viking/Norman incursions into Britain:-

1) They were vastly longer ago

2) There was not a structred system of religious repression that existed in Ireland till the late 19th century, and a bloody reprisal war in the early 20th, and aftershocks that continued right down to the 1970s.

My point would be that just in the same way that we shouldn't forget the enormous abuses committed by slave labour in the US, or the crimes comitted by nazi germany, or the Soviet Union in Czechslovakia or Hungary, we should not forget the persecution of the vast catholic majority in Ireland by a small protestant power class backed by ENglish and Scottish institutions.

It is important to move on - nothing can be achieved unless you do (and that is why the inflamatory banner I think is absolutely moronic and pointless as it drags up everything again without constructive purpose). If you look at just how well Europe functions today it is absolutely staggering how many bygones have bygone so to speak - a truly amazing achievement so rarely sung of.

Frankly my impression is that if you could tells someone in 1975 that Ireland and the UK would enjoy a relationship as close, co-ordinated and respectful as it is today within 35 years, supported and supplemented by a powerful expanding and prosperous European Union, they would have thought you were, at best, a hopeless idealist. But it has come to pass.

Makes a bunch of %%%%heads trying to get a rise out of people with a stupid phrase on a banner look rather irrelevent and childish.

Excellent summary

Followed by the biggest load of crap one is ever likely to write on the subject.

You see that's from a song about James Connolly, the great man born in Glasgow to Irish immigrants, who was one of the 1916 rising leaders who was executed by the people the poppy remembers.

Interesting! That explains a bit. Still it doesn't detract it from being an abjectly offensive and pointless thing to stick on a banner. The poppy raises money for injured soldires and the families of those killed. It is not a symbol of support for the acts of British soldiers in Ireland over the last two centuries, or the Iraq war or anything else. It does not lobby for the supression of catholics.

I do not think the Royal British Legion has anything to be ashamed of, devil or no. I can uderstand why people may view it as undesirable to have on their football teams shirt, but statements like that are not the way about it.

If everbody had the same dignity as displayed here the world would be a much better place. And credit to Mr. Adams for having the balls to face them.

If the Parry family can have the graciousness to advocate peace and forgiveness isn't that a valuable lesson to those that still cling onto the past wrongdoings of all sides????

"Booo, we hate the English"

"Yeah, the British army can shove it"

"Hooray for the IRA"

"Can we join the English Premier League? you have a gravy train that would benefit from our presence."

Only the Scottish can show such front.

Aye, I also like the fact that they take pride in the fact they were the first 'British' club to win the European cup!

Shouldn't you be under your rock?

He should indeed..... for innacuracy. I don't dig the bomb stuff of course but the IRA were not targetting people shopping in Top Shop for a t shirt at all. Instead they timed the bombing knowingly and callously to target innocent children shopping for Mothers Day presents! And people on here have the temerity to whinge about Bloody Sunday and the Easter rising! Those bstards in 1916 deserved all they got. They'd killed many police, civilians and soldiers before they were captured. All this in the middle of WW1 when Verdun, Ypres and the closer to home the sinking of the Lusitania were all in the mind of the British nation. Those responsible for the Easter Rising were cowardly stabbing us in the back at a time of national danger and they knew it. I realise reprisals were brutal but tweek a Lions tail and don't whinge when he turns on you.

Bloody Sunday was a mess too but those marching had far far more reason for being killed than the innocent children in Warrington and the people attending a Remembrance Day service at Eniskillin.

It's all crap, it should be in the past but it appears to be returning. Makes me wonder if there is any link to the financial situation of the Republic?

He should indeed..... for innacuracy. I don't dig the bomb stuff of course but the IRA were not targetting people shopping in Top Shop for a t shirt at all. Instead they timed the bombing knowingly and callously to target innocent children shopping for Mothers Day presents! And people on here have the temerity to whinge about Bloody Sunday and the Easter rising! Those bstards in 1916 deserved all they got. They'd killed many police, civilians and soldiers before they were captured. All this in the middle of WW1 when Verdun, Ypres and the closer to home the sinking of the Lusitania were all in the mind of the British nation. Those responsible for the Easter Rising were cowardly stabbing us in the back at a time of national danger and they knew it. I realise reprisals were brutal but tweek a Lions tail and don't whinge when he turns on you.

Bloody Sunday was a mess too but those marching had far far more reason for being killed than the innocent children in Warrington and the people attending a Remembrance Day service at Eniskillin.

It's all crap, it should be in the past but it appears to be returning. Makes me wonder if there is any link to the financial situation of the Republic?

Who deserved it on Bloody Sunday? Arguably the IRA agitators on the march were fair game, but those just marching for fair treatment in jobs and housing did not. The British Army were welcomed by the Nationalists to that day, the troops had a massively difficult job but the mistajes of that day gave the IRA the biggest propaganda coup they could ever have wished for.

You best read up some more.

Who deserved it on Bloody Sunday? Arguably the IRA agitators on the march were fair game, but those just marching for fair treatment in jobs and housing did not. The British Army were welcomed by the Nationalists to that day.

You best read up some more.

You best read what I wrote again and stop twisting my words. Here I've copied it for you.

"Bloody Sunday was a mess too but those marching had far far more reason for being killed than the innocent children in Warrington and the people attending a Remembrance Day service at Eniskillin."

You best read what I wrote again and stop twisting my words. Here I've copied it for you.

"Bloody Sunday was a mess too but those marching had far far more reason for being killed than the innocent children in Warrington and the people attending a Remembrance Day service at Eniskillin."

Eh? Marching to stop the Protestant only Shipyards, factories etc, marching to stop Protestant families being top of the queue for social housing they had more reason to be KILLED than other innocents?

The IRA manipulated that situation for their advantage but the innocents on that march did not have far, far more reason to die at all.

Eh? Marching to stop the Protestant only Shipyards, factories etc, marching to stop Protestant families being top of the queue for social housing they had more reason to be KILLED than other innocents?

The IRA manipulated that situation for their advantage but the innocents on that march did not have far, far more reason to die at all.

Really? And how would the IRA be identified? Did they have black balaclava's with IRA emblazoned across their forehead? Remember intelligence reports that McGuiness was carrying a Thompson sub machine gun. I doubt Jonathen Ball and Timothy Parry would have had one of those would they? How about the people at the Cenotaph at Eniskillin? Were they tooled up?

Matty I've already said it was unfortunate but the fact remains that if you play with fire you are likely to get burnt.

Makes a change from moaning about Islam and killing chickens.

The thing I find really scary is how rapidly people rush to take offence about issues that rarely have directly affected them personally.

I am as Liberal in my outlook as anyone but I do find the disrespect in those Celtic banners deeply distateful. Associating the Poppy with the bad things the British have done is simply to wilfully misunderstand the true meaning of the Poppy and Remembrance.

It is a simplistic and stupid. Regardless of whatever genuine grievances maybe felt, this simply picks on the wrong target and makes the perpetrators look terribly bad.

Returning to football, we all know what photo will be the first one editors will reach for next time thoughts of merging Scottish and English football get resurrected.

Those bstards in 1916 deserved all they got. They'd killed many police, civilians and soldiers before they were captured. All this in the middle of WW1 when Verdun, Ypres and the closer to home the sinking of the Lusitania were all in the mind of the British nation. Those responsible for the Easter Rising were cowardly stabbing us in the back at a time of national danger and they knew it. I realise reprisals were brutal but tweek a Lions tail and don't whinge when he turns on you.

Don't you see that the knew they would not be successful. How could they be? At the end of the day they kept themselves locked in a few buildings for a week.

However they started a movement which led to independence six years later for most of the country against the biggest power the world had ever known.

I have to say having seen Karl Pilkington on TV for the last few weeks I have to wonder how such a crowd of moaners ever did anything. :lol:

Those responsible for the Easter Rising were cowardly stabbing us in the back at a time of national danger and they knew it.

It's all crap, it should be in the past but it appears to be returning.

Makes me wonder if there is any link to the financial situation of the Republic?

You really do post some crap at times but this is some of your best material of late. So the British where allowed to fight the Nazi invasion of Britain but the Irish people are complete scum by all accounts for attempting to fight back against centuries of British oppression?

As for commenting on our financial situation, how about having a look at your own bank balance first eh?

Thank you Blair for appeasing murderers and terrorists, sod the families eh ?

Yeah how dare Blair move Northern Ireland further in a few short years than the Tory governments before him achieved in decades!

Usual Old Firm nonsence really. I don't think we English should get too self rightous over it with the trail of destruction we have left across Europe over the last 40 years. A nail in the coffin of their wish to play in our league though, to be honest they are nowhere near good enough anyway at the moment.

I wish Sky News would stop showing the goals from a Celtic or Rangers game, right now. Its extremely maddening when one or the other is shown on Tv.

Sky Tv are obviously wanting to bring secterianism to us all in England by showing regularly this shower of one eyes.

Why?

Why matty, because its just more publicity that keeps the interests alive in this shower. There should be concerted media ban on these two teams rather than continued public promotion through Tv for them. Ban them from the screens, radio and any other media source.

Why matty, because its just more publicity that keeps the interests alive in this shower. There should be concerted media ban on these two teams rather than continued public promotion through Tv for them. Ban them from the screens, radio and any other media source.

But as Sky News is a UK channel, how would you go about banning from screen two of the UK's largest supported clubs?

Looks like we are keen to rerun the Easter uprising and everything else on this thread. Does it really belong on here as opposed to ICBINF any longer?

You'd think the Rovers takeover would be much more important than this stuff but its not in the national media either.

Archived