BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Call of Duty: Black Ops

I have scavenger pro, ghost pro, slight of hand pro and hardened pro, work on ghost pro first so you can sneak around which helps you acomplish the things you need to do, in order to kill enemy equipment through a wall equip hacker so you can see them easier.

The pro perks are quite hard to get and you dont really get them by accident you have to set out to achieve one goal at a time, I know what you mean about the sentry gun it took me ages to find one, try playing games like demolition and domination where people us them to cover objectives.

Im really enjoying the game but the connection problems and getting booted out of games on the PS3 is driving me mad, apparently there is a patch coming.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For lightweight pro, the final thing i need to complete is to get 10 offensive medals by killing enemies near their objective. How do you get medals? Playing domination ive killed loads of people in the process of capturing a flag, yet only have two medals.

Do you have to kill them in different ways or in different game modes?

As for ghost pro, i still havent come accross an enemy sentry gun! So annyoing

Well, completed the single-player game which is pretty good if a little bit confusing.

Played a bit more multiplayer and while I'm enjoying it a bit more than previously and I think it's streets ahead of MW2 (although still nothing topples the first Modern Warfare from the COD pinnacle imo) I just think the whole COD series has gone stale to be honest. TDM's are samey on any FPS game after a while, and on COD the objective games are pretty redundant seeing that most people play them like TDM's and ignore the objectives anyway. Zombies is a laugh for a while though.

Still think BFBC2 is a hugely better thought out and rewarding game to play, and at least EA have tried to move the genre on a bit with destructable buildings and more emphasis on teamplay than k/d/r.

Oh well, I've given it a go but it's getting traded on Wednesday when GT5 comes out. :tu:

Managed to get afew pro perks last night. I now have ghost pro, lightweight pro, hardened pro and ninja pro. Took me ages to find a sentry gun to destroy. All I need to get warload pro is to get a frag multikill and for scavenger pro to get two more kills with a resupplied grenade.

I wasted about 20,000 coins buying different layers for my playercard. Thinking they would get better the more expensive they are....but they dont.

My kill ratio has took a hammering while ive been trying to get these perk upgrades

I cant stand the quickscoping nonsense either, my son does it all the time on MW2 and is very effective at it.

I know its only a game but they do try to make it as realistic as possible so you cant help but to expect a bit of realism to the multiplayer, so to be able to sprint round carrying a Barret 50 cal sniper rifle and bringing the gun up to your eye in less than a second and getting a shot off and killing someone is just way over the top for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtzk8HNPzHY

Not exactly lightweight is it.

Connection isn't good on black ops. Pretty much every other game gets interrupted at some point due to connection errors. Played tonight for half an hour but gave up as every game was crashing half way through.

I thought there was meant to be a patch for these problems.

Connection isn't good on black ops. Pretty much every other game gets interrupted at some point due to connection errors. Played tonight for half an hour but gave up as every game was crashing half way through.

I thought there was meant to be a patch for these problems.

I have the same problem but its every game on the PS3, taking a look through their official forums they have recognised the problem on PS3 and are looking to resolve it, my guess is the game was'nt tested in Europe and they had'nt planned for all the problems.

My main beef is when I put to search only for local games I end up in games with French, Spanish, Swedish, Germans and even South Africans a few times, I enjoy playing with guys from around the world but when I choose to search for games local I expect to be connected to guys from UK.

I have no idea as to when they expect to fix the problems but I have given up playing it a the mo because it is causing my PS3 to completely lock up so I have to reboot it, that cant be good.

The connections are mainly down to one thing - the host losing and quitting. There are some other issues with ISPs I suppose but the majority of these issues would have been solved by having dedicated servers. Obviously more expensive, but for the best selling game series of all time, you'd think they'd spend a bit on having the best online experience around.

I cant +1 that enough, they managed to have dedicated servers with MAG and I know its not half as popular but the gameplay was stable and hit detection was'nt a problem which is the main thing when playing FPS games.

People talk about technology advancing at a rapid rate, I disagree where gaming is concerned, over 5 years ago I used to play on COD united offensive on the pc with the missus on the same server all night with not one connection problem or lag due to the dedicated servers, now im lucky to play one game without being kicked, connection problems or my whole PS3 locking up.

Im sure it will be fixed but P2P gaming is a step backwards, its like something you try before getting dedicated servers, I wont be holding my breath for dedicated servers though Activision are a money hungry company and will never change.

• 3 weeks later...

if im honest i rarely have any problems with any games, though that may be because i have my ps3 in a dmz.

I know alot of people (myself included) have managed to cut out most of the problems with black ops by port forwarding or putting the ps3 in a dmz (have to ps3s in my house and both of us play black ops so port forwarding for both is impossible for us)

if im honest i rarely have any problems with any games, though that may be because i have my ps3 in a dmz.

I know alot of people (myself included) have managed to cut out most of the problems with black ops by port forwarding or putting the ps3 in a dmz (have to ps3s in my house and both of us play black ops so port forwarding for both is impossible for us)

So you have 2 PS3 in one house and one is placed in the DMZ setting of your router which would give you a open nat type on that PS3, how does the other PS3 do when you play with them both online at the same time?

I had 2 Xboxes and one of them placed in the dmz and the other was not, it caused nothing but problems, now I have 1 xbox and 1 PS3 with none in the dmz setting and both have open NAT types, its very weird.

the ps3 in the dmz skips the ports all together, the 2nd one goes through the ports with port forwarding, heard a few people have had problems with using 2 ps3s on the same router but never had a problem with ours being set up as it is. key thing to remember is to set up port forwarding on the ps3 that is still sat behind the firewall.

Also might be worth noting both are on ethernet

Sorry but What is DMZ? what does it improve and can anyone do it with any ISP?

The DMZ is a setting in your router options, it allows you to place your IP address from your PS3 or XBOX 360 in a setting outside of the routers firewall.

All it means if that you struggle to get connections or your NAT type is strict or moderate you can place your IP address from your console into the routers DMZ option to allow a better connection type.

Just out of coincedence does anybody know of any routers that have 2 DMZ spaces?

The DMZ is a setting in your router options, it allows you to place your IP address from your PS3 or XBOX 360 in a setting outside of the routers firewall.

All it means if that you struggle to get connections or your NAT type is strict or moderate you can place your IP address from your console into the routers DMZ option to allow a better connection type.

Just out of coincedence does anybody know of any routers that have 2 DMZ spaces?

So how do you do this? I don't mind the odd blast on COD games (are OK for the odd change of pace here and there from BC2 - which is still the FPS to beat IMO) but the catastrophic lag, host migrations and dropped games make it nigh-on unplayable and frustrating as hell most of the time. If I could alleviate some of those I might be more inclined to play it now and again instead of it slowly gathering dust ....

Archived