BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

47er

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky’s were prepared to listen to offers for the highly rated 18-year-old, who is the youngest Englishman playing regularly in the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Chelsea-stall-on-15m-for-Blackburn-s-Phil-Jones-after-season-ending-knee-injury-article654417.html#ixzz18c42YUKQ

But weren't we previously told that none of our players were to be sold?

£15m for an 18 year old ALWAYS has to be considered....doesnt mean we would sell him for that.

Big injury, be interesting to see how he recovers, 6 months out at that age could have a massive impact on him!

How else was Anderson going to generate the millions in agent fees he is planning to rake off the Venky's? The unsettling of other senior players is all part of the Anderson fees plan.

Jonesy is a good prospect, but if someone wants to throw £15m at him then let him leave.

Tiny Taylor, Marlon Broomes, Jay McEveley all were at Rovers with bright futures ahead of them, look where they are now.

There is something very special about Phil Jones. Chelsea seem to have noticed even if you haven't. The three you've mentioned were never as good as he is.

There is something very special about Phil Jones. Chelsea seem to have noticed even if you haven't. The three you've mentioned were never as good as he is.

I'd argue Taylor and McEveley looked incredibly promising at one point. Jay especially looked like a word beater.

Jay based on one performance against Beckham.

Jones has had about 25 starts in our shirt. I think there is a world of difference. In fact, Id argue Jones has been MOTM in at least 5 of games already, if not more, including some breathtaking performances last season at the tail-end in key games against Chelsea and other top sides.

As an aside, that article hasn't even got a name to it. Its posted under 'football spy' surely that's about as reliable as 'sky sports understands'.

It's not a difficult article to write is it, Chelsea have been linked to him for ages! I also love the way that Phil is quick enough to dismiss the mirror when it suits his agenda but take it as complete fact when it's in his favour.... Odd.

Jonesy is a good prospect, but if someone wants to throw £15m at him then let him leave.

Phil isn't a good prospect, he's already a good player. I know people don't agree with me, but I'm of the opinion that he has done a really good job in midfield this season. He's immense defensively and against Bolton in particular, his distribution was superb. He was improving every week as a player and this injury will be a serious blow to his progress. I really feel for the guy, I just hope he can get back to top form after the injury. We all know there's a danger in players not coming back the same from injries, but I really hope for his sake, as well as ours that that doesn't happen.

Yes in an ideal world we wouldnt consider anything less than 15 million for him, but to already be flaunting that publicly less than a month since we said we wont be a selling club is not what the fans want to hear especially after the last week from hell.

I though the whole idea was that we were to become a selling club. Selling on Kentaro's young talent that they have steered our way.

So so many mixed messages coming from all directions, I've never known anything like this before.

So so many mixed messages coming from all directions, I've never known anything like this before.

It all kinda reminds me of the world of politics.

I'd like a clear statement from the club that we won't sell him period. I honestly think we have a serious prospect on our hands with young Jones, selling him would be a mistake.

It all kinda reminds me of the world of politics.

I'd like a clear statement from the club that we won't sell him period. I honestly think we have a serious prospect on our hands with young Jones, selling him would be a mistake.

I do agree, I feel if £15million has been mentioned now as soon as he gets a full England Cap, what will his value be then? We need two or three years out of the lad first before even considering selling him!!

I have to say the conflicting reports from our owners is being called into question I remember them saying we would not be a selling club and here we are now considering selling one of our bright prospects one thing I would like to hear from the owners is a clear correct statement saying what the position is. Oh by the way I have also tried contacting venkys via their website but have had no reply it is as bad as having a po box in antarctica.

Archived