BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

47er

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all a bit hollow now. I mean talking about keeping our best players and doing the best for BRFC.

We are now owned by the Venkys who have shown us that they don't give two hoots about the club, the supporters, the players, the infrastructure.

They will do their own thing with no explanation to anyone, save the Indian press.

Rock bottom feelings and digging deeper every day.

It's all a bit hollow now. I mean talking about keeping our best players and doing the best for BRFC.

We are now owned by the Venkys who have shown us that they don't give two hoots about the club, the supporters, the players, the infrastructure.

They will do their own thing with no explanation to anyone, save the Indian press.

Yes Bazza, Venkys lied to Rovers and their supporters by saying that, disgraceful :angry:

I think they do care. They probably think they are doing their best for us and we are incredibly ungrateful.

There's a chasm of misunderstanding between us, they need to sit down and talk with those who understand the club.

I expect though that they are used to having their way and don't see the need for it.

I expect though that they are used to having their way and don't see the need for it.

They come from a different culture, both socially and professionally. They are used to speaking and being obeyed. It doesn't work that way in football clubs. Not with pseudo-rock star players as an employee base.

Ricky, you can understand with the mess that has been created at Ewood Park, any article, "news", or speculation will be like the straw that breaks the already broken camels back. "Damage control" is needed asap.

Then would it not be more helpful if you, Philip, et al stopped fanning the flames?

Plunkett tweeting that the operation went well, he'd expected back in 3-4 months.

Phew, just in time for the relegation battle..

Seems an awful long time for a Cartlidge op!!

I remember John Dawson who was physio at Burnley for a number of years, telling me Ternant would have sacked him if a Cartlidge case was much over 2 months! He wanted the players back quickly, unless of course there is some other injury.

All the reports are talking about a keyhole job to repair it.

Whoever posted about the length of time for a repair is correct, a repair does take longer as the meniscus needs greater recovery, a removal would have I feel been around 6 to 8 weeks.

But we do have a Doctor on this messageboard, he will be far more accurate than me on this one!!

Keyhole, yes. The torn cartilage does need to be taken care of though, my point being that they can either remove the broken part or try to reconnect it.

herbergeehh,

You obviously know what you are speaking about here, in my experience, when I have had a players meniscus repaired, some have had further problems which ended up with the cartilage (meniscus) removed?

Only from my own experience.. had four or five of them though, and by that a few hours of discussion with 'experts' about it too. I ended up as you've said- first repair then remove, but this is now years ago. The last time I spoke to a surgeon he said they've come a long way now. I suspected at the time that it was never suitable for playing football, more like 'we'll reconnect this and if you stick to running straight and without sudden moves it will keep together'.. anyway, in my experience the most successful solution is removing the loose part, and polishing the remaining part of the meniscus. But as I said, they've probably improved the methods of repair since I did it.. I'm sure he's in the best hands possible, although 4 months from a cartilage damage sounds excessive to me.

4 months sounds like a lot, I agree. Usually after tearing a meniscus it can take anything from a couple of weeks to normally six weeks before being able to play again. But if they're repairing it via transplant or something similar it can probably take longer.

It's still not good news so early in his career.

BLACKBURN Rovers turned down a £10million summer bid from Arsenal for teenage sensation Phil Jones, we can reveal.

Jones put pen to paper on a new five-year deal in May but sources close to the club fear new owners Venky’s would have been tempted to cash in on any serious interest next month.

and that's the answer to Matty's question "where will the money come from"?

Archived