BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Iceman

Think it time for Capello to order his plane ticket back to switzerland, because we won't win anything and he doesn't pick the right team or squad. Tactis are awful and he can't speak very good english yet after 3 years of being in the job.

Still can't believe how Smalling gets into the england squad and Phil Jones doesn't?

The FA should have sack Capello in the summer and gone and got Redknapp has manager. Perfect manager to unite the team together and get them to play as a team and not for themselves.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FA stopped being fit for purpose long ago.

It is pretty clear that Capello and Baldini have no relationship with the clubs.

How can you NOT know about Carroll's injury or the fact Terry was also going to be out after training yesterday.

So now all sorts of stragglers are getting calls.

There are three Arsenal players in the squad - and between them they played 45 minutes today...

The whole thing is a mess.

So could Ferdinand, but with more skill and better passing

Man United tried Rio Ferdinand in midfield a few seasons ago and it was a disaster.

I may be wrong, but I think his last game there was at Ewood. The Rovers fans were singing 'Rio is a Rover' and he got substituted about 3 mins into the second half. Much to the amusement of the Riverside that he'd just eyeballed after coming out at half time.

Does any of Capello backroom italian staff speak good english? When are the FA going to realise that the fans don't want him as manager? Not exactly rocket science is it?

Wake up chaddy, the England team is garbage, who says 'Arry is going to be any better? Who says the FA can afford to sack him?

p most English football fans are sick of the whole England circus and don't care either way anymore.

I agree with that most English football fans are sick of the whole England circus and don't care about it. I won't be watching the England Game on Wednesday.

If Somebody said to you, Which one to you care the most about Blackburn Rovers or England which one would you pick?

I would pick Blackburn Rovers everyday of the week.

Think it time for Capello to order his plane ticket back to switzerland, because we won't win anything and he doesn't pick the right team or squad. Tactis are awful and he can't speak very good english yet after 3 years of being in the job.

Still can't believe how Smalling gets into the england squad and Phil Jones doesn't?

The FA should have sack Capello in the summer and gone and got Redknapp has manager. Perfect manager to unite the team together and get them to play as a team and not for themselves.

One wrong (corrected for you), and one right (in bold). Which just goes to show you can get it right when you want to.

THIS BOY MUST TRY HARDER!

• Moderation Lead

I agree with that most English football fans are sick of the whole England circus and don't care about it. I won't be watching the England Game on Wednesday.

If Somebody said to you, Which one to you care the most about Blackburn Rovers or England which one would you pick?

I would pick Blackburn Rovers everyday of the week.

AMEN!!

AMEN!!

I'll watch the game though, just to see if Gameiro gets on for France. I haven't cared about the England football team for several years now and find myself sort of hoping they get beaten most games just so that eventually we will have to have a proper shakeup and clear out the underperformers and the management and perhaps do a Germany. And yet I'm fiercely patriotic about most things, find it hard to consider myself the European I ought to be and am steadfastly refusing to move to France when I retire as my husband would like to do. I WANT to care about my national football team but at the moment I just can't.

I'll watch the game though, just to see if Gameiro gets on for France. I haven't cared about the England football team for several years now and find myself sort of hoping they get beaten most games just so that eventually we will have to have a proper shakeup and clear out the underperformers and the management and perhaps do a Germany. And yet I'm fiercely patriotic about most things, find it hard to consider myself the European I ought to be and am steadfastly refusing to move to France when I retire as my husband would like to do. I WANT to care about my national football team but at the moment I just can't.

What's so special about Gameiro?

Mrs G, but that has been happening for a while now. England have been crap, fire the manager, get a new one. Its not like it’s the 1st time that the English team has looked this bad. Imo, what the English team lacks, is a manager who will have the balls to drop players like Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, A Cole etc, and play the players who are performing at club level.

when you have a manager, who selects a player based on a few substitute appearances, then you have to believe that something is not right within the FA and right down to the management. the England setup is wrong, when you try and hold onto a player based on his name, and not current form.

Mrs G, but that has been happening for a while now. England have been crap, fire the manager, get a new one. Its not like it’s the 1st time that the English team has looked this bad. Imo, what the English team lacks, is a manager who will have the balls to drop players like Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, A Cole etc, and play the players who are performing at club level.

when you have a manager, who selects a player based on a few substitute appearances, then you have to believe that something is not right within the FA and right down to the management. the England setup is wrong, when you try and hold onto a player based on his name, and not current form.

Precisely what I meant. A proper shakeup - manager, players, selection policy, the lot. And Topman, Gameiro is a decent player, but the point is he plays for Lorient and they are the French club my family and I support in that we go to any matches including friendlies when we are over there, check their results and watch them on Foot when we're not there. Therefore it's a bit like watching a Rovers player get selected for England. Less so because we don't see as much of them as we do Rovers, but along the same lines.

I don't think Jones was ever getting a call-up this time around.

Pearce made a comment on naming his squad that the young lads who have been playing regularly for their teams (ie Jones, Henderson) were left out to get a rest and a couple (ie Wilshire, Carroll) were being promoted to the full squad.

I don't think Jones was ever getting a call-up this time around.

Pearce made a comment on naming his squad that the young lads who have been playing regularly for their teams (ie Jones, Henderson) were left out to get a rest and a couple (ie Wilshire, Carroll) were being promoted to the full squad.

Balls.

Jones was in the long squad. Baldini went to watch him in midfield on Saturday afternoon. By Saturday night Smalling, named in the under-21s and seen by Capello for 15 minutes as a striker, was promoted.

Tired Henderson is in the big squad. Looked puffed out against Chelsea yesterday too...I don't think.

Arguably better for us him not getting called up for the England squad or the U21s probably needs a rest after having played lots of games this season already. I feel for Kevin Davies really, gets his chance in the last England match and then gets dropped from the sqaud intially in favour of an obviously not fully fit Agbonlahor and then an out of form Carlton Cole. Plenty of competition for the English centreback spots and I was therefore suprised the likes of Shawcross, Bramble, Turner, Roger Johnson and Dann all being regulars for their clubs but all missing out in favour of "Big Club" reserves like Lescott & Smalling. Doesn't really suprise me though to be honest. Also Matt Jarvis has been in terrific form for Wolves as well and he's bit unlucky to not get a call-up in my opinion.

I do feel sorry for Davies but he is 33 years old. He does not fit the bill of building for the future which is what everyone demanded after the WC.

I dont know why nicko is surprised about Smailing. When he was playing for Fulham he described him as having a very bright future and was not surprised when the big boys came calling. I'm prepared to watch him play before dismissing him. Sir Alex is not a bad judge of player really.

...... I feel for Kevin Davies really, gets his chance in the last England match and then gets dropped from the sqaud intially in favour of an obviously not fully fit Agbonlahor and then an out of form Carlton Cole.

Agreed. He certainly seemed to add something when he came on for England last time and last week v Spurs he had a very good game with Capello in the stands watching.

Stood up for Capello but this v France is dire.

How Barry can still play for England along with Jagielka at full back and Lescott leaves me stunned. I bet the French would love a Theo Walcott in their ranks....cheerio Fabio.

He's really made a mistake in fielding a weakened side against the best France could offer at a time when everyone involved in the French national side sees it as very important to repair its own image. Once he made the decision to try out some new players he had lost this game and it is really unfair on some of the players trying to make it into the side to throw so many of them into the deep-end at the same time.

I don't think it's important who's playing today, I think game time is game time. However if he's going to set up with one (6'4") forward, why deploy wingers that continuously cut inside.

People say allardyce should never manage England, I bet he'd have got more of a game out of this lot today than capello has!

Archived