BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Iceman

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only positive thing to come out of todays game is seeing Richards back at right back. He's miles better than Johnson and would be the only person to push out another England 'regular'.

Tim the only positive for England will be... the final whistle.

What annoys me are the comments that Peter Crouch shouldn't start because he only scores against the poorer teams.

I admit that most of his goals are against the weaker opposition but nobody else seems to score goals against the poorer teams. We saw that in the World Cup when Crouch played about 5 minutes instead of being in the starting XI for all 3 group games.

I don't think it's important who's playing today, I think game time is game time. However if he's going to set up with one (6'4") forward, why deploy wingers that continuously cut inside.

People say allardyce should never manage England, I bet he'd have got more of a game out of this lot today than capello has!

Of course it matters who's playing. Regardless of how they performed in the World Cup, this is actually a good France team and if you play a second string side against them then you are going to lose.

The biggest difference for me in the first half was the space inbetween the midfield players. France always had options with Malouda, Nasri & Gourcuff whereas there was far too much space in between Henderson & Barry.

Was really disappointed in Walcott & too a lesser extent in the first half Milner as Andy Carroll's aerial threat wasn't tested at all until a few minutes before he was taken off. The defenders seemed to think his presence up front gave them license to send through a long ball at every opportunity but on a wet night the ball was going to run on too much in the wet.

In the end a good display from France and a late rally at best from England. Nasri & Malouda were fantastic

Of course it matters who's playing. Regardless of how they performed in the World Cup, this is actually a good France team and if you play a second string side against them then you are going to lose.

A misunderstanding eddie,

I meant that the result doesn't matter. Win, lose or draw it's good for some of the fringe/younger players to get some game time. France have some good players, always have had.

I have no idea why Milner starts out wide, i wouldnt play him at all and I dont understand the hype. Hes like Emerton when out wide, no way to beat a man whatsoever.

Rubbish. He's not a wide man, but he can beat a player and put in a good ball. He's much, much better in the middle.

So many seriously average players in that squad....Players like Warnock, Gibbs, Henderson, Foster, Lescott, Bothroyd, Barry, Smalling etc are not good enough to mix it with the best.

One or two could in the future if they get enough experience...Henderson, Gibbs, Foster & Smalling.

No quality ball players either & it shows against the likes of France or Spain.

Archived