BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Iceman

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew with Switzerland, scraped a win against Scotland, thumped Netherlands (brilliant performance), actually won a game on penalties (when Spain were even worse at them) and then lost to Germany.

We weren't that good, just got the rub of the green a bit more.

Drew with Switzerland, scraped a win against Scotland, thumped Netherlands (brilliant performance), actually won a game on penalties (when Spain were even worse at them) and then lost to Germany.

We weren't that good, just got the rub of the green a bit more.

We should have won Euro 96. Also the closer we got to win a comp was with an English Manager, Sir Bobby Robson and Terry Venables.

I no longer watch England now with Fab in charge. the world cup was awful. Should have been SACKED!!!

When we get an England Manager in charge then I will start watch England again!!! GET HARRY REDKNAPP IN ASAP!!!

We should have won Euro 96. Also the closer we got to win a comp was with an English Manager, Sir Bobby Robson and Terry Venables.

I no longer watch England now with Fab in charge. the world cup was awful. Should have been SACKED!!!

When we get an England Manager in charge then I will start watch England again!!! GET HARRY REDKNAPP IN ASAP!!!

Yes we should have won because we had previously won when given home advantage but we failed. We didn't win a knockout game, only penalties.

Hence the tournament was a failure.

When an English manager takes over, I'll remember to ask you why we are still rubbish.

Capello must be a dead man walking when the situation in the England camp has finally gotten through old Big Heads thick skull.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9213404.stm

I hope the FA have managed to squirrell about half of the total worth of BRFC away cos they're going to need it sooner rather than later.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/28/fabio-capello-england-future-press-conference

• 3 weeks later...

How do people feel about the youngsters coming through? In 4-5 years time we could have a team that looks something like this:

- - - - - - - - - - - - Hart - - - - - - - - - - -

Richards - – - - - Jones - - Cahill - – - - - Gibbs

Walcott – Henderson/Rodwell - Wilshere – A. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - Rooney - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Carroll - - - - - - - - -

With the likes of Albrighton, Smalling, Sturridge, Onohua, Wellbeck all showing promise too...

People might argue with the Richards selection, bit I rate him highly and I can't think of anyone else that can play there off the top of my head...

That looks a very good and well balanced team to me though, if these players develop to fulfil their potential. A top quality goalkeeper; a solid defence with full backs capable of overlapping and causing problems down the wing; blistering pace and skill down the wings; solid, smart passers of the ball in the middle; creativity and power upfront.

I don't see why we don't just whack that team out now, nothing to lose. But, as always seems to be the case, it doesn't matter what players you put out, if you do not give them the right tactics to follow as a manager. :glare:

• 3 months later...

So the dilemma surrounding the England camp in the media is now that John Terry has been reinstalled as captain and his rights as chief shagger in the England team fully restored will the discontent that has surfaced in Ferdinand and Gerrard spread to and affect the rest of the team? :huh:

Well who gives a flying one? Not me for sure. As soon as dummies started to get spit out I'd have dropped all bloody 3 of em! Not only would it restore squad morale and give their shirts to players with pride but the big headed buggers are well down the slippery slope anyway. Milk turns faster than Terry, Ferdinand is a glass back and Gerrard is not so much a has-been as a never-has-been in an England shirt. The 3 of em have reputations built in Wapping wine bars rather than in England shirts! :angry2:

Just what is up with managers these days in allowing sponsors and the press pick their teams? That lot at the FA will never ever learn will they?

A bunch of heartless, arrogant cretins (with exceptions) who dont give a damn- so why should I? This Terry/Ferdinand palava has totally washed over me.

That farce last year was the final straw, in fact I would laugh if they got turned over on Saturday.

Do you remember that debate in the Summer? Rovers to win the League Cup or England to win the World Cup, people actually chose England :huh:

I'd choose Rovers to win on any given Saturday than those plonkers to win the orld Cup.

My thoughts on England

Capello – out of his depth

Mourinho – perfect man for the job

Terry – shouldn’t be in the squad after how he devided the squad….to give him the captaincy after 12 months of “punishment” is pathetic.

Finally the media are too involved…..they build them up, and knock them back down

A bunch of heartless, arrogant cretins (with exceptions) who dont give a damn- so why should I? This Terry/Ferdinand palava has totally washed over me.

That farce last year was the final straw, in fact I would laugh if they got turned over on Saturday.

Do you remember that debate in the Summer? Rovers to win the League Cup or England to win the World Cup, people actually chose England :huh:

I'd choose Rovers to win on any given Saturday than those plonkers to win the orld Cup.

Well said Matty! :tu:

• Moderation Lead

If Capello was going to give Terry back the captaincy, why take it away in the first place?

He shouldn't have been given an extension to his contract until post world cup, when my god we were bad.

As for the question before- it's Rovers over England EVERY day of the week for me :rover:

He took it away because he had to.

I don't disagree that a new captain was needed. The fact is that Ferdinand has simply been injured too much since taking over and that it was a bit of a farce to have an England 'captain' who never wore the armband.

That doesn't change the fact that giving it back to Terry is a joke.

Go and buy the Sun. Mindless comment.

If Capello was going to give Terry back the captaincy, why take it away in the first place?

He shouldn't have been given an extension to his contract until post world cup, when my god we were bad.

As for the question before- it's Rovers over England EVERY day of the week for me :rover:

To be honest I got more enjoyment out of watching Chesterfield Rotherham last Friday night than I'll get out of watching england on Saturday if i bother to watch it. I want to watch my national team and enjoy it as I did once upon a time, but I can't remember the last England game i watched with real pride and enjoyment, where I really felt part of it. Watch the England rugby team and I care. Watch the cricket team and I care. Watch cycling, athletics, showjumping etc and I really care whether the English competitors win, but the football team no.

Go and buy the Sun. Mindless comment.

:lol:

If I was reading the Sun it would be telling me all about those '11 Lionhearts' and other bunkum.

You can tell you're out of the country Eddie, because the national set up has never been held in more contempt.

maybe we should do what Germany have done and just put the youngsters in get rid of the players who are getting on abit like Lamps and Ferdinand.

-------------Hart

Kelly-----Jones--Smalling---- Gibbs

--------Whilshere Rodwell

Walcott---------------------Johnson

---------Rooney Carroll

Thats a promising future.

Sums up my thoughts completely... I couldn't give a toss about England in the slightest.

:brfc:

For some unknown reason in the summer my brother joined England Fans and has been to every England game home and away since (I don't think he even knows why, other than because his mate had one). I've been to a couple games at Wembley with him and will probably go to Switzerland game with him because I like watching any live footy really, but it is strange because even when I'm there I don't feel any real affinity to England. I don't want us to lose, I'm happy when they win, but I don't really care either way.

maybe we should do what Germany have done and just put the youngsters in get rid of the players who are getting on abit like Lamps and Ferdinand.

-------------Hart

Kelly-----Jones--Smalling---- Gibbs

--------Whilshere Rodwell

Walcott---------------------Johnson

---------Rooney Carroll

Thats a promising future.

That'd be like a breath of fresh air! I've said on here that the England B team would have fared miles better in the last WC and European Nations Cup than the current load of big heads.

From that team I'd have Lennon in before Walcott and bucking the age trend because the spine of the team is so so important Davies would be in as he is miles before Carroll in intelligence and as a target man also Scott Parker surely deserves a shot in deep midfield and preferably as team Captain.

The psychology would be fantastic, that team would surely link with the public better than the current lot of overpaid billy big time prima donna's who we all absolutely despise? I might even run the rule over Bentley for a place in the squad. A big talent gone to waste at Spuds. No doubt he'll score the winner at ewood on the 9th April now I've said that. :(

btw I know he plays for a relegation rival and I shouldn't say it but it's nice to see Robert Green appears to have got over his South African mauling in the press and media.

Archived