BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Iceman

That'd be like a breath of fresh air! I've said on here that the England B team would have fared miles better in the last WC and European Nations Cup than the current load of big heads.

From that team I'd have Lennon in before Walcott and bucking the age trend because the spine of the team is so so important Davies would be in as he is miles before Carroll in intelligence and as a target man also Scott Parker surely deserves a shot in deep midfield and preferably as team Captain.

The psychology would be fantastic, that team would surely link with the public better than the current lot of overpaid billy big time prima donna's who we all absolutely despise? I might even run the rule over Bentley for a place in the squad. A big talent gone to waste at Spuds. No doubt he'll score the winner at ewood on the 9th April now I've said that. :(

btw I know he plays for a relegation rival and I shouldn't say it but it's nice to see Robert Green appears to have got over his South African mauling in the press and media.

Nope. Stick to what Pick proposed and I would travel and pay to watch them as the national first team.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe we should do what Germany have done and just put the youngsters in get rid of the players who are getting on abit like Lamps and Ferdinand.

-------------Hart

Kelly-----Jones--Smalling---- Gibbs

--------Whilshere Rodwell

Walcott---------------------Johnson

---------Rooney Carroll

Thats a promising future.

I would go for that, but have once experienced central defender and one midfielder, just to keep things settled. On current form and availability I would include Terry and Parker. And as TND says Lennon would have to start ahead of Walcott.

The bottom line is Gerrard and Lampard have never looked that convincing for England and are getting on, while Ferdinand is injured all the time. Ashley Cole is probably hard to leave out, Crouch and Milner have a role to play for the national team. But it is a natural time for a bit of a clearing out of the squad so Capello should seize it.

We might as well build out style and cohesion over games running up to the Euros.

maybe we should do what Germany have done and just put the youngsters in get rid of the players who are getting on abit like Lamps and Ferdinand.

-------------Hart

Kelly-----Jones--Smalling---- Gibbs

--------Whilshere Rodwell

Walcott---------------------Johnson

---------Rooney Carroll

Thats a promising future.

I remember loads on here saying they would rather take Terry to the world cup than Bridge when he retired over the affair, and the fact was that they didn't get it that it completely divided the team. The fact that he's captain again now is pathetic and shows that perhaps we don't have quite the biggest joke of a manager.

Frankly, I'd have sacked the lot of them after the world cup debacle and done what you said - with some changes to your personnel

wow,

And I thought I was in a minority who couldn't care less about England.

My support disappeared just before Spain when Shearer went to Newcastle. I couldn't really care after that.

Nothing I've seen afterwards has given me any reason to change my mind. In fact when Germany hammered us in South Africa I was sniggering at the inevitable.

Much to the annoyance of other people who I was watching it with who held futile hopes of some king of glory.

I support Rovers for my ration of disappointment. I don't need to have second helpings by supporting England too.

You unpatriotic traitors...ROVERS AND ENGLAND TIL I DIE!......one of the most proudest moments in my life was representing my country in my sport and was the pinnacle of my 30ish years of the sport I loved. Granted it can be crap watching but I love watching England..stuff all you who don't care about your country..shame on you.

I was very surprised to read all the negativity myself - the loss of pride in the team and all.

I remeber with great fondness the Euro's - Shearer against Holland and Gazza against Scotland. The last World Cup performance was torrid to say the least.

The players let the country down and I feel that the players should be dropped and have to earn their place back through old fashioned honor and commitment. If they can't be bothered - ###### on them.

Players not singing the national anthem is also an utter disgrace. Only players who feel pride in the colours should wear the shirt.

This apathy towards the English culture as a whole is wretched. Loss of your identity means loss of self worth. Whatever happened to us?

Never will I not cheer England.

A lot of the current players just aren't likeable and are downright scumbags. The Euro 96 side was probably the last time when I had any affinity with or respect for players playing for the national side.

When you have a side comprising of the likes of Cole, Terry, Gerrard and Rooney I can see why many don't give a toss about England.

• Backroom

Sorry I just can't get passionate over the England team, I think its partly due to the media circus and how people go well over the top about it all.

It's not a choice though just the same as I don't choose to be so passionate about rovers it's just how I feel.

I hate international weekends due to them disrupting the normal fixtures.

I also agree with RVR the current crop are just so unlikable it's harder to get behind them.

A lot of the current players just aren't likeable and are downright scumbags. The Euro 96 side was probably the last time when I had any affinity with or respect for players playing for the national side.

When you have a side comprising of the likes of Cole, Terry, Gerrard and Rooney I can see why many don't give a toss about England.

+1 to this RVR.

Terry, Cole, Gerrard are all scumbags. I hate what they represent.

Players chosen on reputation rather than merit, their over hyping by the press, a manager who still can't communicate, all contribute too to the general dislike and lack of interest. I'm not unpatriotic - as I said I care about my country at all other sports - I'd even support the england tiddleywinks team. I don't bash the English way of life - I choose to live here because, although I have a home in France too and am in love with certain aspects of French life and culture, ultimately I love England in a different way - it's mine. the football team however, don't feel the same. I can't identify with them and from what i see of the public persona of moat of them, actively dislike them. I want a team that I can be proud of. Can you honestly say you are proud of any of the current crop of stars on or off the field? I'm sure that there are some nice guys in there, but somehow you never see or hear anything of them and they are swamped by the obnoxious and ineffective idiots.

I am a proud Englishman and Brit.

I was up at all hours watching t'Ashes, I'll cheer on any Brit at the Olympicis competing in sports I don't have the first clue about,

I went to Germany in 2006 and I watched they farce in the Summer and I have ended up loathing the whole set up, from that prick wearing the armband to the greedy blazers at the FA

You unpatriotic traitors...ROVERS AND ENGLAND TIL I DIE!......one of the most proudest moments in my life was representing my country in my sport and was the pinnacle of my 30ish years of the sport I loved. Granted it can be crap watching but I love watching England..stuff all you who don't care about your country..shame on you.

ROVERS TIL I DIE.. nothing else, and no I don't feel any shame, and nor should I!

You wouldn't pay me to watch England...

Club or Country? No contest :brfc:

The England players don't give a t0ss anyway! Sick of them breaking up the proper football calendar with these international breaks.

ROVERS TIL I DIE.. nothing else, and no I don't feel any shame, and nor should I!

The England players don't give a t0ss anyway! Sick of them breaking up the proper football calendar with these international breaks.

Actually it is one of the most annoying things about the international scene - the way it disrupts club football. I know playing for your country is meant to be important to players, so surely it's bad that so many withdraw from matches. there must be a way of organising it better so that it doesn't come at a crucial time for clubs who have invested fortunes in players only to see them go off to play for their country and get injured before vital games. I don't know what the solution is, but can't help feeling there should be one

See, this is the attitude I REALLY don't understand.

Why did you post the 'club or country' question. Nobody will ever make you choose, they have nothing to do with each other.

You're not a better Rovers fan because you don't give a monkeys about England, I don't like it when people imply this.

I really, really don't care about this current England side. If I ever got to feeling that shytebags like John Terry represented me I'd take a long, hard look at my life. Then I'd maybe take a long, hard look at the inside of an oven.

Edit: inside of an oven

You're not a better Rovers fan because you don't give a monkeys about England, I don't like it when people imply this.

I agree, though I think I'm a better person because I don't give a monkey's about England :)

See, this is the attitude I REALLY don't understand.

Why did you post the 'club or country' question. Nobody will ever make you choose, they have nothing to do with each other.

I didn't say I was a better Rovers fan, just that Rovers are all that I am bothered about. It doesn't come close.

I posted the club/country 'question' because people expect you to be passionate for both - I want to be clear that I am not.

:brfc:

Archived