BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Aston Villa

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLACKBURN ROVERS vs. ASTON VILLA – KICK OFF 1.30pm, 21st NOVEMBER 2010 - BARCLAYS PREMIERSHIP

The alert members of the message boards will know how my previews work, and probably have heard me bleat out that we haven’t lost when I have done a preview (Norwich 3-0, Middlebrough 3-2, Newcastle 3-0, Everton 0-0, Peterborough 5-2) so I sincerely hope the streak continues!

Based on this evidence, Rovers have 3 points in the bag. :rover: If it holds true this weekend, you owe it to the club to do all of the previews. :lol:

Good preview!

Here's how I'd line-up (perhaps swapping Mame Diouf for Olsson, if the Swede is match-fit):

Robinson

Salgado - Nelsen - Samba - Chimbonda

Emerton - Jones

M. Diouf - E. Diouf - Hoilett

Kalinic

I like this a lot. Rovers 3-0.

I want to see us stick with the 541. Team for me:-

-------------------------------Roberts

-----EH DIouf-----Ped/Dunn---Jones-----Hoilett

Olsson------------------------------------------------------Emerton

------------------Givet-----Nelsen-----Samba

-----------------------------Robinson

If we can handle the villa pace down the flanks I think we can seriously hurt them through EH Diouf, Olsson and Hoilett. ALso Ped or Dunn having a good game is pretty crucial, as is Roberts performance.

Hello again folks. Seem like we play you boys every couple of months these days.

Thought I'd drop on and see your thoughts ahead of the game as per normal, excellent preview by the way.

So what is your team news? expectations etc?

Not really sure what to expect from our boys we are rather hit and miss from game to game.

Trent,

I think we're all fed up of you lot beating us over recent years (2 x FA cups) (1 x Carling Cup semi over two games) but I think we did the double over you last season 26th September at Ewood we won 2-1 & 9th May we won 1-0 at your place.

Looks good for a league game then. May the better team win. Unless its Villa.

I'm really looking forward to this game and think that we can win. We had two great results against Wigan and Newcastle, before getting a good beating by Spurs. This will give the team a good up the arse and should focus them for this game. I look forward to seeing Hoilett given another game and hopefully Jason Roberts continuing his current good form in front of goal. Despite the gloom that surrounds our squad of players particularly in midfield, it's nice to see competition for places, as two of our best midfielders last year, Olsson and N'Zonzi can't get into the starting 11 at the moment. I'm going for a 2-1 win, with Kalinic and Roberts getting our goals.

I'm starting to worry that he might be van Heerden mk2. Hope I'm wrong!

Good grief. As Bazrakats says, he's only been here a few minutes. Been on the bench 2 or 3 times too. Pretty rapid progress for someone who we've just picked up as a free agent. How long has Linganzi been here and how many first team appearances has he made?

Good grief. As Bazrakats says, he's only been here a few minutes. Been on the bench 2 or 3 times too. Pretty rapid progress for someone who we've just picked up as a free agent. How long has Linganzi been here and how many first team appearances has he made?

I guess I am just wary of unattached players

, Olsson and N'Zonzi can't get into the starting 11 at the moment. I'm going for a 2-1 win, with Kalinic and Roberts getting our goals.

No, they're injured <_<

Good news! Heskey is injured.

Too good to be true. Mind games ...

Indeed, he will score too

I've seen him play, he doesn't take prisoners. Bring him on.

• Backroom

Goulon to get sent off on his debut, sounds like a tough tackler and people are crying about tackles recently.

I feel it's a massive game for Hoilett, play like he has in the last two tomorrow in front of our own fans and he could become a real fan favourite.

No reason whatsoever not to go for it as we have nothing to fear. A draw isn't a disaster but it's certainly one to target 3 points.

2-1 either way (seems to be the go to score this season for us) Downing will score, Samba will score and no idea about the decider!

Archived