BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Aston Villa

Aston Villa have won four of their last five trips to Ewood Park in all competitions.

I have a bad feeling we'll lose 1-2, young referee Michael Oliver will award Villa a penalty and send our player off for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity but saying that I had a dream last night that Pedersen scored a penalty ;)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clutching at straws, I'm hoping that:

1] Pedersen will carry his good international form against the Republic of Ireland into Sunday's game; and

2] the sentiment about the "New Era" will transmit itself to the players;

so that we nick a win. Playing like we did against Chelsea would be a start.

Hadn't realised that Mr Oliver is going to be the Ref., though; think he may be out of his depth if any trouble starts.

1] Pedersen will carry his good international form against the Republic of Ireland into Sunday's game; and

Hadn't realised that Mr Oliver is going to be the Ref., though; think he may be out of his depth if any trouble starts.

As always the thread makes good reading which is why I come back.

We are starting to look a very different side to the one you have faced (a lot) in recent times both in terms of players and style although some similarities will remain, such as Ashley Young falling over and holding his shin. I know how much you guys love him ;)

We aren't set up to hit on the break as much as we were under O'Neill and we aren't as good away from home at the moment but then we've LOADS of players out injured. So you can expect a lot of new faces in or around the team on Sunday such as Albrighton, Clark, Hogg, Bannan and Delfounnesso plus a not so young face in Pires who I believe will be on the bench.

Our CM worries me a little, not in terms of talent but in experience and stature you could cause us issues there.

Other than that it will be a close game, not many goals in it and I think either side could nick it. Obviously hope its us but I'm hopeful not expectant.

Managed to get an invite to an exec box and Jacks kitchen for this match from my plumbers merchants, never been in there before so im looking forward to the change, not sure what to expect but im certainly gonna enjoy it.

2-1 Rovers btw, Roberts and Hoilett with Heskey for them.

As always the thread makes good reading which is why I come back.

We are starting to look a very different side to the one you have faced (a lot) in recent times both in terms of players and style although some similarities will remain, such as Ashley Young falling over and holding his shin. I know how much you guys love him ;)

We aren't set up to hit on the break as much as we were under O'Neill and we aren't as good away from home at the moment but then we've LOADS of players out injured. So you can expect a lot of new faces in or around the team on Sunday such as Albrighton, Clark, Hogg, Bannan and Delfounnesso plus a not so young face in Pires who I believe will be on the bench.

Our CM worries me a little, not in terms of talent but in experience and stature you could cause us issues there.

Other than that it will be a close game, not many goals in it and I think either side could nick it. Obviously hope its us but I'm hopeful not expectant.

I was quite impressed by your side this past week. Especially with your new faces... the club have certainly reloaded with young, pacey English lads--- a bit of an example to the rest of the league, IMO. Having said that... Let's go Rovers, 3-2.

• Backroom

A win will take us up to eleventh while a loss will leave us just one point from the drop zone big game.

Certainly winnable though so let's go at them

Now is as good a time as ever to beat the veeela...

With the style of play we adopt ww really need to fully utilise our pace Ie counter attack and the likes of hoilett are crucial

No offense intended but seriously, pace and counter attack? Have you seen us play?

Many teams in the league struggle against sides who hit on the break at pace but we aren't really one, we have lots of pace throughout the side. Young, Gabby, Delfounesso, Downing, Albrighton are as quick as they come while the rest aren't exactly slow. We also don't over commit players forward meaning you will struggle to get behind us or hit on the break.

You know your team better than me but believe me the same applies in reverse and that is not the way to play against us.

I was quite impressed by your side this past week. Especially with your new faces... the club have certainly reloaded with young, pacey English lads--- a bit of an example to the rest of the league, IMO. Having said that... Let's go Rovers, 3-2.

So was I to be honest, when I saw the team sheet against Man Utd I thought we were going to get smashed. Our academy (in my view) is the best in the country. People can talk about Arsenal if they want but they buy their kids.

Out academy is unreal both in production line and facilities. At present we have Clark, Albrighton, Hogg, Bannan, Gabby and Delfounesso in the first team squad. While the likes of Whittingham, Davis, Ridgewell, Cahill, and Gardner have been sold for almost £20m.

We don't get the credit for it we deserve in my view and I agree a lot more clubs should be doing the same.

Archived