BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nzonzi

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I've been convinced for some time now that there is more to N'Zonzi's absence than meets the eye. Something doesn't add up.

I tend to agree here. Player of the season last season to strange absence if nothing else this season, barely gets a mention in general either. I think there's something amiss!

grella, nzonzi and andrews back on the list.

grella - groin strain - exp back 15th jan

nzonzi - groin strain - exp back 15th jan

andrews - groin strain - exp back 15th jan

anyone else think all 3 having the exact same injury and return date too much of a coincidence?

Add Roberts to that as well,but different injury. the three you listed got injured similar sort of time, its not a coincidence, its just there all going to back for the game on the 15th, hopefully anyway.

Nzonzi is a class young player, Arsenal were linked with him last season, wenger has mentioned him has been a great player for the future, not a comment to take lightly. I think getting rovers player of the season, and all the praise he was getting, and been linked to Arsenal went to his head a bit, and maybe wasnt putting in the same effort as last season. Im pretty sure he will be back, and with the right guidance, he can be a class act.

Mate you definitely might of uncovered something there. Just did a bit of research, they were both at french football club Amiens for the 2006-2007 season, so clearly they would have known each other.

The thing to remember here is though, only one person was charged, which suggests N'Zonzi has done no wrong in regards to legal matters.

• Backroom

Think we'd be best keeping rumours like that off the site in these times, the last thing we want is the site taking down for legal stuff (I don't know about these things I just know Glenn was preaching about being carefl recently)

We'll, it's out there now, so pulling a David Copperfield on the thread would make it look like we knew something and were trying to cover it up.

So, HUGE disclaimer on this. There is no evidence to point to Nzonzi's (or an other Rover player) involvement at this time (as Valois points out, the fact only one person was charged, implies no wrong doing by the flat owner), so NOBODY imply there is.

Tread VERY VERY CAREFULLY on this one.

Think we'd be best keeping rumours like that off the site in these times, the last thing we want is the site taking down for legal stuff (I don't know about these things I just know Glenn was preaching about being carefl recently)

I'm glad somebody is listening to my pleas :)

Yesd, i realise that was a strange first post, apologies for announcing my arrival in that way. Normally just have time to watch from afar but someone forwarded me that link and I thought it might be something bubbling away under the surface.

No inference whatseoever that he has done anything wrong other than choose his friends in a way his mother wouldn't like.

Will try and input with more positivity in future!

Yesd, i realise that was a strange first post, apologies for announcing my arrival in that way. Normally just have time to watch from afar but someone forwarded me that link and I thought it might be something bubbling away under the surface.

No inference whatseoever that he has done anything wrong other than choose his friends in a way his mother wouldn't like.

Will try and input with more positivity in future!

In any case, good "detective" work there spotting that news.

Not passing judgement (or any innuendos) but i'm sure any of us will also be affected mentally if a friend used our property for illegal activities. So it could well be a case of the manager giving him a break.

In any case, good "detective" work there spotting that news.

Not passing judgement (or any innuendos) but i'm sure any of us will also be affected mentally if a friend used our property for illegal activities. So it could well be a case of the manager giving him a break.

in such a scenario, person owning property would also be to and from court during case/trial as a witness, and their usual daily routine/employment would be affected.

Second season syndrome def hit N'zonzi hard.

I think the success of last season, and been labeled the next Viera, been linked with Arsenal, went to his head a bit, didnt think he needed to work as hard, got complacent, and then got injured.

I was in Sydney when Rovers were there for the pre season tour, and he was the stand out player for Rovers, went with a couple of lads who are clued up on football, one in fact is a scout, they had never seen Rovers play, however both picked out Nzonzi as a class act. Did the simple things well, broke down play, passed well, looked strong, was good in the air, decent pace.

He will be back, and hopefully will be a key player for Rovers for years to come.

• 3 months later...

Credit to Nzonzi. Poor earlier in the season but I thought he played well in the 0-0 draw at Arsenal (before the harsh sending off) and again yesterday.

Doesn't do anything spectacular but shores up the midfield better than anyone else we have. Will be a big player for the remaining 3 games.

that is impressive, although some how Jones tackles and passes seem to be more impressive.

Wonder where they got those stats from, for N'Zonzi was rubbish on Saturday with the only passes he attempted being backwards ones.

I do like N'Zonzi, but I feel he is slowly feeling his way back after a lengthy lay off.

Jones was head and shoulders above him and the stats need to revisited again if they claim he only made 10 successfull passes, very dubious........

I have never thought his passing was one of his major strengths – has little creative elements to his game and can only seem to pass sideways/backwards.

Like Batty

that why I liked McKinlay because he could tackle and pass forward.

As long as he breaks up opposition play and retains possession then he's doing a good job. Makelele was one of the best midfielders in Europe by doing just that.

Maybe he'll become more adventurous with his passing as he matures, but for now there is nothing wrong with sideways/backwards passing if it keeps us on the ball.

I do find it odd that he gets criticised for this. Most people seemed to dislike Allardyce's direct style - isn't N'Zonzi's style of passing in complete contrast to that?

Archived