BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado interview

The guy is a genuine legend - regardless of his glittered history he is still genuinely down to earth and really enjoys playing for this club

Be good to see him sign on for another year, his performances this season (besides his pace) show he still has the class

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute rubbish. Sure we neeed new players but if for example we'd had Salgado's two mates last year then we may just possibly have overhauled Brum and possibly at a stretch Everton. IF we had managed both and thats a big IF, we'd likely have gained a couple of million from the Prem but the process would have cost us between 4 and 6 million in wages alone! Where is the sense in that? We'll never be in the top four again without somebody throwing stupid money at us (don't hold your breath on that one btw) so the aim has to be to stay on the Prem gravy train by astute management and spending as little as possible to do so.

Boards that lost touch with reallity are to be found in Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton, East London, Liverpool, Sheffield, Coventry, Nottingham etc etc etc. Bolton look like they will be joining that list soon too. So many clubs have been left in severe financial disadvantage by misplaced ambition and foolish but readily available funding that will either destroy them of keep them in a state of relative poverty for many years.

Here read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10249068

You need to think things through a little more before you criticise so readily.

I don't post much anymore but I had to log in to say this is one of the most dead-on football-related comments I've read in a long time. You put this one right in the postage stamp, 'drog.

I love this guy!

To have someone like this pulling on the blue and white halves warms the cockles, and reminds me why I love football.

+100.

Another great performance yesterday, will never grab the headlines or seem to get MOTM but I just love the way he goes about his football.

it is great when your winning 3-0 and in the 88th minutes you can still see your 35 year old right pack charging down the line looking for the ball.

How old Roberto Carlos, is he available? oh he's 37. thats pushing it.

it is great when your winning 3-0 and in the 88th minutes you can still see your 35 year old right pack charging down the line looking for the ball.

How old Roberto Carlos, is he available? oh he's 37. thats pushing it.

Not so good when in the first 10 minutes or so he is out of position and Wolves regularly hit the wood work.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6648337,00.html

The guy clearly has his head screwed on and as others have said on this thread seems to have the best interests of the club and genuinely wants it to succeed. By far Sam's best signing argubly also his biggest risk even though he came on a free. I hope he stays for another year even if he gradually stops playing every game as he seems to be a very positive influence to have and his attitude can only rub off on players like Hoillet etc.

If somehow we manage to convince him to stay on as a coach after his contract we're on to an absolute winner here.. All the makings of a brilliant coach.. and maybe a future manager?

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6648337,00.html

The guy clearly has his head screwed on and as others have said on this thread seems to have the best interests of the club and genuinely wants it to succeed. By far Sam's best signing argubly also his biggest risk even though he came on a free. I hope he stays for another year even if he gradually stops playing every game as he seems to be a very positive influence to have and his attitude can only rub off on players like Hoillet etc.

Salagado has spoken more sense in one article than I've heard in the last month from anybody at Ewood Park or Pune!

He seems to have management potential with such level headed thinking. Such irony to see Keans picture alongside still trying to convince us that a marquee signing would be just what we want. :rolleyes:

should just have offered him, the assistant managers job. the guy clearly has the respect of everybody, and has really had good things to say about the club. imo, Kean should give Salgado the coaching job, or at least some role as part of the setup.

There are some people in football who become something more than just a player for a football club. Salgado has done that at Rovers already. He is a truly outstanding individual in how he deals with the press, the club and the fans. A true professional. There aren't many like him and a number of our players could do a lot worse than picking up a few tips from Salgado, EHD for one (but that isn't likely to happen :D). I have a lot of admiration for a player who has played at the very top of the game for a long time, takes a job overseas in a difficult league and is a success in the twilight of his career. (His is the only name I have ever had put on the back of a shirt as well)

Long may it continue, and yes, I'd love to see him take a coaching role at the club.

There are some people in football who become something more than just a player for a football club. Salgado has done that at Rovers already. He is a truly outstanding individual in how he deals with the press, the club and the fans. A true professional. There aren't many like him and a number of our players could do a lot worse than picking up a few tips from Salgado, EHD for one (but that isn't likely to happen :D). I have a lot of admiration for a player who has played at the very top of the game for a long time, takes a job overseas in a difficult league and is a success in the twilight of his career. (His is the only name I have ever had put on the back of a shirt as well)

Long may it continue, and yes, I'd love to see him take a coaching role at the club.

This post pretty much hits the nail on the head for me.. although one point I would add is the guy has practically done it all but still has the time and humility to acknowledge us the fans as well as Rovers as a club... A real life legend!

Well done that man and keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived