BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye but Chelsea didn't start playing football there til 1905 so we have the oldest home football ground (just in case the above was a dig at my original comment ;) .

Not a dig True Blue, not a dig at all.

Chicken farmers united will be hour new club name....

Here's the prospective badge:

cfufc2.gif

PNE are Barcelona compared to the teams we'd be playing in India.

Yeah, but they'll be organising tournaments there now with one indian side and 3 or 4 from europe...rovers will now be included in this type of thing...uplifting the profile and brand....The Venkys Cup 2011 anyone?....

I was hoping some of our Indian fans on here could give me some advice from the 26th January till the 12th February next year I am going to India,Goa for a holiday I need some advice as I would like to catch all the games while I'm away could our Indian fans give me advice on where to watch the games the names of pubs addresses etc. Thanks in advance for any help sorry but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.

More than a few baseball owners in the first half of the 20th century named their team's stadiums after themselves. I was waiting to see which fool would try to cite Wrigley as an example of corporate names. :lol:

I wonder which uninformed schmuck gave you +1. ;)

..........and Wrigley actually started life as Weeghman Park, but why digress? ;)

Continuing the baseball theme, I'm surprised you didn't quote the Houston Astros' Enron Field disaster!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8679859.Blackburn_Rovers__Ewood_Park_ground_could_be_renamed_Venky_s/?ref=mr

just read the above..totally sickening think we've been sold down the river or the farm..renaming the ground ( OK may get some coin for it but its for there own pockets and profile back in India )

The debt hasn't been paid off its been serviced...

I am not the only person feeling cheated and P***** off by this takeover at the moment and except out of loyalty ( misguided I may add ) I wouldnt be renewing my season ticket next year and I know of people who defo won't

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8679859.Blackburn_Rovers__Ewood_Park_ground_could_be_renamed_Venky_s/?ref=mr

just read the above..totally sickening think we've been sold down the river or the farm..renaming the ground ( OK may get some coin for it but its for there own pockets and profile back in India )

I am not the only person feeling cheated and P***** off by this takeover at the moment and except out of loyalty ( misguided I may add ) I wouldnt be renewing my season ticket next year and I know of people who defo won't

So your not a proper Blackburn Rovers supporter then, grow up,

Brilliant.

Not quite as brilliant as having Brian Laws as your manager, Now that is brilliant, :brfcsmilie:

:rolleyes:

Whats the big problem in renaming??

Where does 'Then we have taken over servicing of a debt of £16 million' say that the debt is still on the clubs books?? I doubt VERY much that the trust would allow for that.

Cheated by what??

Just a matter of interest...where do you sit at Ewood? N01?

"Come to Venky's, come to Venky's.. it's a place of misery..."

Football genoius? Brian Laws? Definitely, :lol:

You do realise you lost that match (again) that you have as a signiture dont you?, mind you if i had NEVER seen my team win against there nearest neighbours i`d do the same,

Aaaaaw Bless him

1 - No we should be playing pre-season games against competitive opposition, be that in teh UK, Germany, South America even Australia but currently the standard in India is dire. Rovers touring India would provide no benefit to us from a footballing perspective.

2 - Once, again I ask if there was talent there why have Man Utd, Barcelona, Milan etc got scouts and academies there?

1 - Nobody said it was purely Indian teams we have to play. Also pre-season is for fitness work, not for winning games against good or bad teams. Surely the heat alone would help to shift those extra pounds and get our players fitter??

2 - Read about Chelsea...they are desperatley looking at ways to set up in India to start finding/ training local talent. Common sense tells you that in 1.2BN people there MUST be someone who can play football over there.

They have started searching the UK for Asian talent too - article here

Article here about how the prem big clubs are trying to get into india...mentions 2 big clubs talent scouting there too

More than a few baseball owners in the first half of the 20th century named their team's stadiums after themselves. I was waiting to see which fool would try to cite Wrigley as an example of corporate names. :lol:

I wonder which uninformed schmuck gave you +1. ;)

..........and Wrigley actually started life as Weeghman Park, but why digress? ;)

So its not an example because the Company had the same name as the owner or because it happened a long time ago??? Neither it is an example of a corprate name. :wstu:

does this mean that the trustees have pocketed much of the money gained from selling players over the last three seasons - the three seasons that they stopped putting cash into the club?

Mmmmmm...makes one wonder eh Dennis!

The Trust did NOT subscribe £125,000,000 for the shares as stated above. Most of the share capital (about £100m) was subscribed for during Jack Walker's lifetime. The Trust subscribed for about £25m some 6 years ago to capitalise the funds put in between 2000 - 2004.

Who cares? Not sure what the point is here. Makes sense to coral the evidence to support a point but the 'point' here is somewhat obscure. Is it an insinuation that we have been fleeced by a set of money grabbing barstewards? If so, say so, if not what's the point of the question.

Who put what in when - what's the relevance of that. If Jack hadn't followed the Rovers then the family trust would be up on the deal by well over 100M. He was the number one supporter and he put in the cash, then he handed the baton to the Trust who in turn added a further wad of cash. Nothing was taken out. Any transfer monies were recirculated within the club for purposes that made sense at the time to the board. End of.

On any assessment of their tenure it is churlish in the extreme to imply that the Trust/Family did anything for their own gain. 100+ million in, 23 million out. I'd say that was a pretty good legacy for us all. Without being sycophantic about it (we are all anonymous after all so there'd be no points gained in brown nosing) I'd like to say thank you to the Trust/Family for everything they, and before them Jack, has done for us. Come on guys, good grief, credit where it's due.

On a separate but associated topic - Venky's buying the Rovers shows a good degree of astute business sense IMO. Witness the pressure on, and almost near collapse of, the Euro right now and all the downward pressure on associated currencies and trading partners. The GBP stands a damn site more secure home for their cash that many other currencies. Inflation and exchange rate collapse is bad news for all businesses so the Rovers may provide them with a pretty good hedge in these troubled times. They have discussed many reasons for wanting the club yet many others have questioned how exactly they will make money (or not lose it), thinking outside the box and taking the investment in the round it starts to make sense. Business smarts? I'd like to think so. We might be really pleased that they are steering our ship over the next few years after all.

:rolleyes:

Whats the big problem in renaming??

Where does 'Then we have taken over servicing of a debt of £16 million' say that the debt is still on the clubs books?? I doubt VERY much that the trust would allow for that.

Cheated by what??

Just a matter of interest...where do you sit at Ewood? N01?

top tier JW...servicing a debt means paying it off in installments not that the debt is paid off as for renaming the stadium why should we be happy about that , history tradition , etc all wiped out because some company wants to raise the profile of their own company..believe you me I hope I am wrong and if it happens the money goes back in the club !

As for the idiot who says grow up ? why doesnt he ?...oh I forgot he prob wasn't around pre 1991/92 season............lol

Hughesy I for one am resisting every opportunity to criticise our new owners on statements which are open to misinterpretation however it is common to talk of "servicing" a debt. This generally means having sufficient income to service, i.e. pay the interest on, the debt it does not mean the debt is being / has been paid off.

Mrs Desai is a businesswoman and I'm sure she knows the difference between clearing a debt and servicing one. This is just one example of why it is so important Venky's make a clear statement of their intentions because so much of what is in the public domain is giving conflicting signals. If Venky's are not careful they will reach a position where people don't believe what they say because of these conflicts.

As I said earlier the only one I'm holding on to is the suggestion we should wait for a couple of months before we expect to see changes.

top tier JW...servicing a debt means paying it off in installments not that the debt is paid off as for renaming the stadium why should we be happy about that , history tradition , etc all wiped out because some company wants to raise the profile of their own company..believe you me I hope I am wrong and if it happens the money goes back in the club !

As for the idiot who says grow up ? why doesnt he ?...oh I forgot he prob wasn't around pre 1991/92 season............lol

You know sometimes you shouldn't just say the first thing that pops into your head. Why not try thinking about the real issues and problems at hand and how YOU might address them. Jumping across several threads posting how p!ssed you are is puerile.

Even thinking about it for one nano second would make you realise that there are significant obstacles to overcome when shifting monies across Indian national borders. You don't just press a button and it happens. Until funds can be transferred you have to service all existing debts. What's the issue? Stop looking for reasons to hurt.

As I posted earlier in reply to one of Hughesy's posts, renaming the ground is the least we could get away with under any new owner. Look at all the other more significant things they have already guaranteed NOT to change - the statue, the stand name, the location of the club etc - cut them some slack, in the scheme of things this is not the most important thing. Getting cash in through the door to improve the team and league position is (IMO).

I don't want to, but if I have to sacrifice something about the club, then the name of the ground is the lesser evil in my book compared to the other cash generating ideas they could come up with.

As for calling other posters 'idiot' it's probably best to attack the idea rather than the person. That's what adults do.

It's part of the club's identity.

I needn't say any more. You start messing with things like that you alter the identity of the club.

To people who only see dollar signs and branding and opportunities to grow the name and all that other BULL, they probably won't care. But to people who follow the club because it's a football club and not a business, it will be a sad day.

It's part of the club's identity.

I needn't say any more. You start messing with things like that you alter the identity of the club.

To people who only see dollar signs and branding and opportunities to grow the name and all that other BULL, they probably won't care. But to people who follow the club because it's a football club and not a business, it will be a sad day.

I can see the rationale in it, if the CLUB was to be the beneficiary, ie for transfer funds etc, if it just goes to Venkys bottom line, where is OUR benefit?

If they see us as a loss leader, a way of promoting their brand- ie Formula 1 sponsorship and ownership, I think all this could work, if they see Rovers as another profit making branch of their company, they and us are in for a rude awakening to the realities of Premier League finances.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived