BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's marketing

philipl

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you realise how tedius it is becoming to read the same stuff regurgitated in every way possible?

This message board is becoming infected with petty squabbles, and its painful to trawl through pages of crap before reading something with substance.

Give us all a break.

You should follow me around the forums, I spend my time removing those petty squabbles.

Marketing:

• Pre-Season tour of India...3 or 4 games in packed out stands, including 1 against the National team
  • Academy set up in India
  • Run soccer schools throughout India
  • Sign 2 or 3 young Indian talents
  • Sign someone like Honda which will appeal to the rest of Asia and gain us much more interest that side too (Prior to Hong Kong trip)
  • Look for hoarding sponsorship, stand sponsorship, shirt sponsorship, kit manufacture all from India/ Asia...NOT the stadium naming rights yet.
  • Social Media contact in all countries - facebook, twitter and whatever else is out their.
  • Multiple language options of the Rovers site
  • Set up initiatives/ coach trips to try and win fans accross the local area - preston, lakes, lancaster etc
  • Set up supporters clubs in places like India, China, USA, Australia etc
  • Make Radio Rovers global via the internet
  • Make Rovers TV available on some sort of foreign subscription TV....no major prices needed to be a winner, showing features on the club, the academy/ reserve games, interviews, highlights, advertising etc.

This isn't a bad outline. The Rovers should give you a job.

On the issue of TV, are the reserve and academy games covered by the existing contracts? If not, could the Rovers sell the video of those games online or to some cable/satellite provider for a modest price? It would seem a way to get the Rovers in front of the Indian public cheaply.

Why not get ride of the rovers kit and have the players come out dressed as chickens.

Surely the whole point of Marketing is to have that bold idea that makes an impact.

Plus the kit like the stadium name has no importance.

"•Sign 2 or 3 young Indian talents"

Thats 2 or 3 more talentd indian players then I have ever seen in the premier league.

On the issue of TV, are the reserve and academy games covered by the existing contracts? If not, could the Rovers sell the video of those games online or to some cable/satellite provider for a modest price? It would seem a way to get the Rovers in front of the Indian public cheaply.

No we can do what we want with them...hence why man u tv etc show theirs. We could have after match chats from players on, behind the scenes footage at brockhall or ewood, analysis of games etc...I personally would happily pay a fee to have Rovers TV if it had decent content & im sure many more would too, its also the way to make Rovers more accessible to any new fans in India.

But who else cares about Rovers? Why would that change unless we were somehow to become a force in English and European football.

It will take some pretty genius marketing and also there would have to be some decent quality on the pitch for people to be interested.

So Indians will sign up for behinds the scenes footage because we have Indian owners - if marketing was only so simple!

This isn't a bad outline. The Rovers should give you a job.

:wstu: They already have, he is chief cheerleader and morale officer. If Sam wanted to play a corpse up front it is Hughesy's job tell us all to "have faith in the big man"

Its a full time job he can't be distracted arranging soccer schools in Pune, morale would fall!

If I'm not particulary keen as a ST holder of 13 years to spend a weekday evening watching second rate footballers trying not to get injured then why would someone in India with no previous affilation to the club want to put his hand in his pocket to watch such dross?

Hope thier marketing guru's are a little bit more talented, although I suspect not.

If our TV channel could show features that would interest the indian public though, then it could really work.

How about 'Search for an Indian Star' - abit like xfactor but for footy, with Rovers coaches/ scouts looking for talent. What better way to find the talent, than have them step forward & try to PROVE they are the next big thing.

Also wasnt just talking about Reserves games...Youth team could be of interest if they have a few young talented asian players in their...they could also show highlights of all our 1st team games & behind the scenes footage of both the club & our owners.

If our TV channel could show features that would interest the indian public though, then it could really work.

How about 'Search for an Indian Star' - abit like xfactor but for footy, with Rovers coaches/ scouts looking for talent. What better way to find the talent, than have them step forward & try to PROVE they are the next big thing.

Also wasnt just talking about Reserves games...Youth team could be of interest if they have a few young talented asian players in their...they could also show highlights of all our 1st team games & behind the scenes footage of both the club & our owners.

We could pinch that bird of Celtic TV as well, she was awesome.

Xfactor for footie, I'm fairly sure its already been done (sky). I wouldn't be doing that sort of thing on Rovers TV channel though I'm sure one of india's mainstream ones would be a better option.

Sounds amazing, could see the whole of the world interested in this type of stuff not just India.....people staying up all night just to watch a reserve team game or even just the highlights of it - could even create DVDs and sell them in the streets - perhaps look at Hong Kong/China/Thailand too?

Sounds amazing, could see the whole of the world interested in this type of stuff not just India.....people staying up all night just to watch a reserve team game or even just the highlights of it - could even create DVDs and sell them in the streets - perhaps look at Hong Kong/China/Thailand too?

OOO, you are awful! :D

You dont get it do you...its about having lots of content...Yes 99% wont be interested in the youth or reserves but if a young lad from India is in one of those squads then you can bet their would be more interest in that team...Cant just have a channel replaying our last 90 minute match all day, every day!

The current problem our brand has is negative thinking, it needs more thinking outside of the box so to speak. Its all about ideas that could really take off. Do you not think a TV show xfactor style but for footy, with the gaurantee of a contract at a premier league club would generate interest in another country??

Rooney has done a similar programme in this country for sky 1 I think....however opportunities like this dont make it to far away countries often!

Forget the Rooney "crap" programme, do you not remember the Chelsea one? Winner gets a contract? I don't know why but I thought it was also done with Inter Milan?

It was. I don't know what happened with the players after though... Would be interesting to find out.

As an idea for Rovers, I'd love to see it and would watch it every week. :D

Only if the dad wants in on the deal too. They need to stay as the double act.

Oh dear, that was shocking viewing.

Without doubt the worst TV double act ever. The missus had to wake me up when the second half started.

I think our own TV channel is a good idea eventually, but at this stage its just not worth the effort. The TV show is a good idea if done on mainstream Indian TV since that has to be our main target audience at present. Maybe a channel 5 or the such would also pick it up over here?

Liverpool have a lad a present from Asia who's won a contract its hardly new but with Indian owners we have a good chance to build up demand for a TV channel.

The standards not great over there at present I know people who've gone over with MUSS, so creating a player via an academy will take years. Annual competition to coincide with us doing a summer tour and surely we could really generate some serious Rovers interest. Then at the same time get the academies up and running.

Everton have just agreed a deal with Chang, that is worth £12 Million over five years for shirt sponsorship alone.

Chang Deal Extention

Everton chief executive Robert Elstone said

"Chang have always been very supportive of Everton since we first signed with them in 2004 and have been extremely proactive in driving the partnership forward, helping Everton grow internationally, whilst we have assisted in supporting Chang in key markets around the world. "

Done before as others have pointed out (probably not in India though), but I think this is an idea with legs (no jokes about chicken legs needed). If Kentaro are involved with us, get them to negotiate it with a decent Indian channel. They would probably even wrangle a fee for us (and themselves obviously). Then get free publicity for the club and our surge over there, and if we're VERY lucky, sign a young Indian player who might...well. Future squad player would be a lucky occurrence, wouldn't it? But even taking that huge off chance...it is a gamble with no risk unless we're stupid enough to pay for it.

Think this merits further consideration.

Archived