BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

'you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear!!'

Maybe not, but desire, guts, determination and not giving up before you step on the pitch don't cost a penny.

That is called playing for your wages. Saturday the team got paid for helping man utd catch up to chelsea's goal average, handing the same 3 points, not caring about Rovers, the fans. Paid for having no pride in the shirt. I think they must have stole fergies wine and drank it before the match.

Rovers were an absolute disgrace. If they were following Sam's instructions to lie down and surrender - then Sam is at fault and should go. I would have that opinion to any manager who told his team to surrender. 7 players missing was a pathetic excuse.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tugay and Sven Goran Eriksson

No chance, thank goodness. Eriksson has just got himself a job and Tugay has too. He needs to stay there and work on building up experience. With little cash to spend in Jan I wouldn't want a manager like Eriksson anywhere near our club. In fact I personally wouldn't want him under any circumstances as I think he's one of the biggest con artists around - takes money and delivers little then walks off with a big payoff.

This sums it up for me and its just not this season

Fraserkirky

Premier League

Group:

Members Posts:

209 Joined:

15-June 08 Posted 26 November 2010 - 17:39 PM

we are so slow

As for mouldy trifford -wet dreams theatre - things have always been the same and nothing has changed.

Rip off tickets

Underperforming team

Robotic thick boot boys

Decisions against us

Crap view /crap atmosphere

Arrogant manc/non mancs

arguably the worst place in the PREMIER to watch your team.

As for the tubbing - its been coming (we have just been lucky)

What summed up the game to me was when down 5-0, Dunn finally got possession and was leisurely strolling to the halfway line when Rooney sprinted from 20 yards off and barged in and took possession right away....Dunn threw his hands up and didn't even try to track back....could have used a Todd, Savage or even the Axe to get stuck in and let Nani, Berbatov and Rooney know that if they wanted to keep poring it on they would feel it

What summed up the game to me was when down 5-0, Dunn finally got possession and was leisurely strolling to the halfway line when Rooney sprinted from 20 yards off and barged in and took possession right away....Dunn threw his hands up and didn't even try to track back....could have used a Todd, Savage or even the Axe to get stuck in and let Nani, Berbatov and Rooney know that if they wanted to keep poring it on they would feel it

Billy McKinlay

Supporters make clubs.

The players and management should be under massive constant pressure from the fans to perform with pride and passion for the club.I'm afraid this has never happened and never will at Ewood Park.

Sign the contract,take the money.

Obviously you are much too young to remember the 40's,50's and 60's then. Just to give you an example in that era. I used to get home after the match and my mother would say to me as soon as I walked in the door....."Rovers got 4 goals today" and I would ask how she knew that. She would invariably reply that she could tell exactly the time of each goal scored as it happened; even when shopping around the old open market square between King William St and Victoria St. I would ask how she knew this, and she would tell me that the roar of the crowd at Ewood could be clearly heard at that distance and even above the traffic and market noises.

No passion or atmosphere??? you have not got a clue!!

Hello Fife I retract my "never happened"comment.

I was a ballboy at Ewood late 60s,and we obviously used the players tunnel.

At half and full time if the team was playing crap or had lost, the grief given out by the Nuttall st Rovers supporters was scary.Men 10 deep either side of the tunnel,shouting screaming threatening the players,who in the most scurried past heads bowed,but in no uncertain terms they got the M E S S A G E.

So yes the pride and passion did exist.These days a mother and her court jester hat wearing son would politley ask the player for his autograph.

Hello Fife I retract my "never happened"comment.

I was a ballboy at Ewood late 60s,and we obviously used the players tunnel.

At half and full time if the team was playing crap or had lost, the grief given out by the Nuttall st Rovers supporters was scary.Men 10 deep either side of the tunnel,shouting screaming threatening the players,who in the most scurried past heads bowed,but in no uncertain terms they got the M E S S A G E.

So yes the pride and passion did exist.These days a mother and her court jester hat wearing son would politley ask the player for his autograph.

Do kids in jesters hats represent the fanbase? Of course they don't (though what is wrong with a young fan being wide eyed at his football team?).

I love the 'people were more passionate in the owden days' remark, I would like to meet a fan of the 1950s and see if he was more 'passionate' than myself, my friends and a fair few on this board. Just because players don't get dogs abuse, just like oposition fans don't get battered on their way out the ground doesn't mean we don't care.

I've never seen us get beat like that...Sam must be sacked straight away and replaced.

Stupid talk without suggesting some better alternatives.

I had a discussion with a young man on Sat night about this in the local. He took 20 mins to come up with Holloway and Tugay as options! :wstu::lol:

Sorry I replied too soon! You've trumped him in no time at all! Tugay and SGE!! :lol::lol:

Still furious. To make matters worse, West Ham are now 1-0 up against Manchester United in tonight's game.

It is, however, a very different Utd lineup. FErguson at least respected us enough to bring out the big boys against us whereas he went away to Wham without any of his big guns apart from Giggs.

10 changes wasn't it? The games aren't comparable.

I reckon the second / third string team they put out against West Ham would have beaten us, not by the same horrible scoreline, but that is generally what happens when you put a team out to defend and sit back. That 4-0 scoreline just rubs it in worse though. Different team, but do you think anyone will notice or care?

It is, however, a very different Utd lineup. FErguson at least respected us enough to bring out the big boys against us whereas he went away to Wham without any of his big guns apart from Giggs.

It has nothing to do with respect but is all about where Fergie's priorities lay. Doesn't make it right though.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived