BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

colin

United have the best home record in the league, they've beat Newcastle, West Ham, Liverpool, Tottenham, Wolves and Wigan, drew with West Brom. But to be fair I would expect Rovers to have a similar record against them teams at home. Make us proud Rovers, COYB!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a few bets, 2-1(to Rovers) and 2-2 are 28/1. If we can go at them then we stand a chance if getting something. I just hope we don't concede early. I've been very impressed with The way Sam has had us playing lately, so I hope he continues to impress :-)

I've heard MGP is playing? He is full of confidence at the moment and I can see him scoring if he plays.

Manchester United v Blackburn line-ups:

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Berbatov, Rooney.

Subs: Kuszczak, Giggs, Hernandez, O'Shea, Evans, Fletcher, Obertan.

Blackburn: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Chimbonda, Jones, Emerton, Dunn, Goulon, El-Hadji Diouf, Roberts.

Subs: Bunn, Givet, Linganzi, Mwaruwari, Hoilett, Hanley, Morris.

So no Gamst then, Goulon gets first start, no Kalinic either, quite a young bench really!

Very surprised Hoilettt has been dropped. Hopefully Dunn can show a bit of quality and Goulon gives everyone a lift.

I don't think it's that surprising, he's shown a bit in attack but we are away to one of the top 2 teams so we need our midfielders to be able to defend well too. Emerton is far more assured in that regard.

Solid team overall, disappointing Gamst wasn't fit, we will need to rely more on Dunn to create something now. Best of luck to young Goulon, great place to get your first start.

It's a bit of a negative line-up IMO. We're highly unlikely to get anything by trying to defend, so why did we not go out and give it a go and surprise Utd like we did in the game when Pedersen scored twice? We've basically gone exactly as predicted and Fergie will have prepared his team for exactly the way we've lined up.

Oh well, can only see a routine and comfortable home win.

1-0 already. Game over.

Archived