BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview 04/11/10

OhmiBRFC

Uh oh. That's a bit of a Hughesy post CLB. Forecast I've heard is for snow late tomorrow (Fri) and early Sat, maybe rain instead but with pavements and roads being so cold rain might be worse than snow. Think it'll be a late decision - sure that pitch will be fine but the roads and pavements around Ewood might be lethal.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have reluctantly decided to pass on this one. Quite apart from the question of whether the weather will allow play in Blackburn there is (for me ) the much more serious question of the availability and timing of trains from and back to Scotland. At present the state of Scotrail services is absolutely chaotic with delays and cancellations being the norm rather than the exception on virtually all routes. So given that at the best of times (Aug/Sept) the round trip takes me from 0915 to 2359 (or so) for the door to door journey, I am not of a mind to risk being stranded anywhere along the way.

Yes Fife I fear we'll be making a similar decision. You've got the additional problem of getting across from the East Coast, which is where most of the delays/cancellations are. Trains were running reasonably well between Glasgow and Preston today, but there was already an issue about getting back on time this Saturday due to engineering works. Presumably they will now be cancelled, so the poor weather may actually make it easier to get back from Preston to Glasgow after the match. However, all this is on the basis of there being no further snow, and frozen points!!

Plus, I have a ticket for the Paul Weller after show party in Glasgow on Saturday night.

We'll make a late decision, probably on Saturday morning once we see the forecast.

For me, it should be 4-4-2. Wolves don't have the best midfield and with an extra man up front it will give a positive impetus to the team after the 7-1 mauling. 4-5-1 usually works best when Dunn is playing well, but he's been an absolute passenger this season so he deserves dropping.

And there in lies a question in itself.

Was not the whole point of playing as we do IE 4231 not to accommodate Dunn???

I'm sure Sam said that was the case and that because of this Niko became a square peg, well since Dunn is out of sorts at present perhaps we should try the system Sam thought Niko would fit into?

Uh oh. That's a bit of a Hughesy post CLB. Forecast I've heard is for snow late tomorrow (Fri) and early Sat, maybe rain instead but with pavements and roads being so cold rain might be worse than snow. Think it'll be a late decision - sure that pitch will be fine but the roads and pavements around Ewood might be lethal.

They got the Newcastle v Chelsea game on last Sunday and the pavements and roads are awful up here. It'll be a bit of a joke if it is postponed.

At present my car is snowed in above the wheels. The winds have created big drifts and on my estate where they apparently dont see the need to grit and snow plough its chaos. I am in two minds as to start shovelling the snow for a journey that i might not need to make tomorrow. Going to be touch and go if i can get out of hull, then we have whatever conditions are in blackburn.

At present my car is snowed in above the wheels. The winds have created big drifts and on my estate where they apparently dont see the need to grit and snow plough its chaos. I am in two minds as to start shovelling the snow for a journey that i might not need to make tomorrow. Going to be touch and go if i can get out of hull, then we have whatever conditions are in blackburn.

I live by the sea on the south coast. Salty air etc, yet we have about 12 inches of snow. Not one train is heading towards london, where I would have to get a connection. So town / home bound. Gritters excuse for not doing the roads down here. The drivers could not get to the depo from home due to being snowed in themselves. Yet the police / local council had arranged for them to be able to stay in a hotel overnight across the road from the depo. They refused to do it. Mind boggles.

Was just going to ask the same question. Forecast is showing snow in Blackburn today but none tomorrow. I wonder if the game will be on or not.

Ricky as you know I live 5 miles from the ground. Although I'm not at home right now the weather today in the general area is beautiful, -9C at 08.30 but beautiful. From what I see weather in the next 24 hours is coming from the West, if we are going to get snow it will be early evening / overnight but I doubt it will reach us. Although I haven't been to Blackburn this week I haven't seen anything locally to suggest there is a current reason for the game to be off. My wife uses the M65 everyday and has said nothing, she drove back from Clitheroe last night and her only comment was the roads are icy.

I'm planning a morning ride with my cycle buddy tomorrow, pretty confident it will happen.

Wolves have the worst away record in the PL so we know what will happen....

This is a must win game for Rovers. They have to show that last weekends result and performance was a one off. The team were embarrassed last week. This week v wolves they have to rip wolves apart. Give the best performance ever. I would also expect the new owners will want to see a vast improvement. It could even be a make or break game for Sam.

• Backroom

What worries me slightly is Sam making excuses in advance about injuries. We have a few out but no worse than most teams and certainly not too many who would be starting week in week out.

No excuse to lose this one they are a poor team, i just hope we are as up for it as they are.

What worries me slightly is Sam making excuses in advance about injuries. We have a few out but no worse than most teams and certainly not too many who would be starting week in week out.

No excuse to lose this one they are a poor team, i just hope we are as up for it as they are.

Sams no excuses tomorrow, absolutely none, hes completely exhausted that departmnent after last week.

Tomorrow is a game about less chat and some serious action.

Not looking forward to Dunny's Quasi-modo sprinting impressions though.

"Excuses"? We have injuries that's fact, not excuse.

Sams no excuses tomorrow, absolutely none, hes completely exhausted that departmnent after last week.

Tell you what JAL, if we had got beat seven when I was playing, I wouldn't have dared tell the manager that it was his fault.

This blame Sam for everything is getting very tedious.

• Moderation Lead

This game has draw written all over it for me 0-0.

Hmmmm, not sure where you get that impression?

This is the type of game we usually win at home under Allardyce. He'll have the players fired up after last week's hiding (which I bore witness to first hand and it was dreadful!)

nothing but a Rovers win will do (or happen) :blush:

• Backroom

Although we have a couple of injuries, they are mainly to fringe players, we have quite a few options tomorrow but I would be tempted to go with:

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Samba Givet

Diouf Jones Pedersen Morris

Hoilett

Benjani

Would rather Hoilett than Dunn from the start, whilst Dunn certainly has the capacity to make something, this season he's been poor and looks like a spent force. I imagine Roberts will start up front alone but I really feel Hoilett could do some damage running off Benjani or Roberts.

Why not give Morris a shot on the wing, he looks like he can deliver a cross at least. Other than that the other Diouf could play on the left or play Hoilett on the wing with MB Diouf behind Roberts or Benji.

I can't see any reason for anything other than a comfortable win. 2-1 (Rovers to concede late to make a comfortable game edgy)

Why not give Morris a shot on the wing, he looks like he can deliver a cross at least. Other than that the other Diouf could play on the left or play Hoilett on the wing with MB Diouf behind Roberts or Benji.

Good call on Morris. We're at home against a fairly average side, and it's time Sam shook things up after last week.

I'd also swap Diouf & Hoilett's positions. We need Hoilett's pace down the wing, whereas someone like Diouf could work wonders 'in the hole'.

Also, Benjani to lose a leg to frostbite at half-time.

Archived